Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

With Brendan, he has good and bad points. It depends for you if his good points are enough or not. He is an excellent youth coach. Genuinely has improved quite a few players. It’s excellent seeing young players progress under him. His style, when it works is very pleasing. That 8 game winning run was some of the best football we have played. Only 2015/16 betters it. 

With the positives there are also negatives. He very rarely changes that style. Or adapts it. We still played a pretty high line despite having Vestegaard, Soyuncu, Amartey as two of our defenders. Those players either didn’t have the pace or know-how as on how to hold a lone (or both!). He struggles to fix chinks in the armour. Whether it be the corner defending (or attacking) or game management. He struggles and it has happened so much it’s now an obvious issue. I question his man management but I understand that could be debatable. 

It genuinely scares me that he will have input on our “rebuild” during the summer. I think we will lose some good players without reason. Who we replace them with is also a lottery. We are not going to snap up ready made replacements and that could set us back for a few years. 

Genuinely, I want a change and have done for a few months. I don’t think change is always bad and we’ve change at the right times during this spell in the PL. I can genuinely see him leaving come Christmas next year and that could be a disaster given the rebuild.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Don’t get me wrong mate, I sulk for at least an hour after a defeat, and during games I rock rhythmically I’m so anxious. And I’m 55. So I really do care. I’m just not angry! And I’m not convinced we could find a better manager than Brendan Bottlejob 😂

lol Haha that image put a smile on my face.

I didn't intend to accuse you of not caring btw, any person that is on this forum right now cares about the club and the team, we all see the game differently and have different opinions, but at the end of the day we're all footie fans and all Leicester fans. Hope you enjoy the rest of your night :D

• Like 1

Elite managers don't lose that many late points in a season.

He's becoming indefensible. 

We're not a shit squad ,we have some very good players but his style has sucked the life out of the squad and the fans.

It's a good performance, win or lose v Roma or I'm losing my patience with him now.

The last 2 games have been feeble but understand our eggs are now in one basket.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

With Brendan, he has good and bad points. It depends for you if his good points are enough or not. He is an excellent youth coach. Genuinely has improved quite a few players. It’s excellent seeing young players progress under him. His style, when it works is very pleasing. That 8 game winning run was some of the best football we have played. Only 2015/16 betters it. 

With the positives there are also negatives. He very rarely changes that style. Or adapts it. We still played a pretty high line despite having Vestegaard, Soyuncu, Amartey as two of our defenders. Those players either didn’t have the pace or know-how as on how to hold a lone (or both!). He struggles to fix chinks in the armour. Whether it be the corner defending (or attacking) or game management. He struggles and it has happened so much it’s now an obvious issue. I question his man management but I understand that could be debatable. 

It genuinely scares me that he will have input on our “rebuild” during the summer. I think we will lose some good players without reason. Who we replace them with is also a lottery. We are not going to snap up ready made replacements and that could set us back for a few years. 

Genuinely, I want a change and have done for a few months. I don’t think change is always bad and we’ve change at the right times during this spell in the PL. I can genuinely see him leaving come Christmas next year and that could be a disaster given the rebuild.

Needs to leave in the summer not Christmas.

A new manager can bring in his own players and build on our squad.

I actually think we have a lot of brilliant players.

Under the right management we would definitely be a top 6 side.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

lol

Christ. The scary thing is that he thinks that was an excellent performance. Surely anyone on the board can see he's mentally lost it and needs to be taken to the nearest farm asap.

This is what urks me.. 

BR irrespective of the result concentrates on how we control games. Not if we win them. 

I can't see how anyone can support that concept. 

26 or 29 points lost from winning positions whatever it is, probably one of the worst clean sheet records in the league, think its only 1 away from home. 3 away league wins away from home against soon to be relegated Norwich and Burnley, Brentford the other. Worst record in the league for conceding from set pieces!!!

These are pretty pathetic stats all round!!!

I'm a big Rodgers fan and there really isn't anyone better out there but this rubbish has been going on for about 18 months now. He can say how well we passed the ball around and controlled the game and we do which I'm really happy about but if uour team does not have the ability to deal with a simple ball into the box or a misplaced pass etc then what's the point? No idea how to kill a game off, no Idea how to nullify a team, they only need one chance and they walk away with something, it's pathetic.

He's got the summer window but if these types of things are still happening regularly by the end of the year then there's no point in continuing with him!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vazman said:

No just tired of conceding last minute goals, twice on the trot recently, against the run of play, and generally being poor in the final third, slow, sideways, backwards passing and not pushing to win / kill the game, because of playing with 1 striker who in the case of Daka and Nacho are more of an ornament than a threat.

These are all valid points to which I have no real response. I guess not having our GOAT for all but 90 or so minutes in 2022 hasn't helped. He is better than Kelechi and Patson. I think since the last 15 seconds against Spurs I have become anaesthetised against these occurances. I'm just pleasantly surprised when we do close out a game

• Haha 1

Just now, Blue-fox said:

It most certainly wasn’t excellent. I thought it was fairly boring and tedious if I’m honest but that’s like most games for about 12 months now 😂 

Boring and tedious are how I would explain us for 18 months - every now and then, there’s a majestic performance, but mostly, it’s the same s*** every week 

• Like 2

While we have played well tonight I think the corner situation came from when we was zonal marking now every time we get a corner we are terrified this comes from the management. 

Another thing when taking off a midfielder for a defender you are instantly losing the midfield battle and as someone else mentioned thus inviting a ton of pressure in the last 5 to 10 minutes again this comes from the management.

What he can't help is players missing chances or making individual errors or injuries so I don't know. pros and cons.. but the quality we have in the side we should be doing better in the league as shown by throwing away 26 points!

• Like 1

Brendan can count himself fortunate that a new UEFA competition started this season for Europa League failures. Pressure is really on him to bring that one home. If it isn't then it damned well should be.  This is the best squad we've ever had yet he reckons we need a rebuild. Almost all of our players are back available yet new excuses are being trotted out. Can't keep up with him sometimes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

This is what urks me.. 

BR irrespective of the result concentrates on how we control games. Not if we win them. 

I can't see how anyone can support that concept. 

If we'd gone to Everton and had 5 or 6 clear cut chances and tore them apart, then they hit us with a sucker punch. To be honest, that'd be fine by me, the managers set the team up to create good chances and the team hasn't put them away.

Nothing about the below suggests to me it was an excellent performance against a team that's on the brink of relegation due to being so poor.

image.png.f400c849546cc61daaff5d268fb3cb05.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

These are all valid points to which I have no real response. I guess not having our GOAT for all but 90 or so minutes in 2022 hasn't helped. He is better than Kelechi and Patson. I think since the last 15 seconds against Spurs I have become anaesthetised against these occurances. I'm just pleasantly surprised when we do close out a game

I agree, I said in the Match thread we miss Vardy's presence, and sure touch, I dont blame Nacho and Daka they should play together but never do, just ornaments, jogging around, trying to make a difference but seldom do, just bloody annoying

The way we play football is outdated there is no pressing no intensity off and on the ball, honestly it’s just possession for possession sake. We have the players to be more dynamic but Rodgers plays this style of football, and thankfully our big name players have bailed us out in Europe. I have no grievances against Rodgers it feels like the club and him could do with a parting of ways. It’s natural every manager has there cycle and this feels like the end of this cycle.

• Like 3

The Forest result has worked both ways for us. 

The defensive shape is much better but it’s at a penalty now to see our full backs and central midfielders very rarely go beyond their opponents. 

The whole thing needs a reboot in the summer - mentally and tactically. 

His recultance to play the diamond which worked so well against Liverpool twice annoys me a lot. 

Rather than using these PL games as a rotation tool, they should start being a mini pre season for next season. 

• Like 2

If we don't start well  next season he'll be gone before the world Cup. The conference league has saves him which is a joke seeing as we should never have even been in that comp if it wasn't for us being hideous in the europa league. Only vardy and ndidi unavailable now and yet we are still garbage. 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

The way we play football is outdated there is no pressing no intensity off and on the ball, honestly it’s just possession for possession sake. We have the players to be more dynamic but Rodgers plays this style of football, and thankfully our big name players have bailed us out in Europe. I have no grievances against Rodgers it feels like the club and him could do with a parting of ways. It’s natural every manager has there cycle and this feels like the end of this cycle.

It’s been like that for 18 months at least.

Rodgers may have ironed out some of the problems, but this one’s the most prevalent. 

We can’t manage games with a 1 goal margin. Why do we always try to be clever about doing so?

The players showed only 6 days ago how effective they can be attacking, with a different type of mentality. Rodgers’ hand was forced and probably had to do it through gritted teeth as it goes against his principles.

Win the ECL and all will be forgiven though. If not, then he can definitely go in the summer.

That may sound fickle to some, but if hes going to be this cautious in the league next season, then I couldn’t be any less interested 

• Like 3