Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Brendan can count himself fortunate that a new UEFA competition started this season for Europa League failures. Pressure is really on him to bring that one home. If it isn't then it damned well should be.  This is the best squad we've ever had yet he reckons we need a rebuild. Almost all of our players are back available yet new excuses are being trotted out. Can't keep up with him sometimes.

This is it for me, we only have Ndidi and Vardy out now, yet we still don’t look great against poor opposition. Even a 1-1 against  United looks a poor result now. 

14 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

It most certainly wasn’t excellent. I thought it was fairly boring and tedious if I’m honest but that’s like most games for about 12 months now 😂 

Boring, tedious and very uncomfortable to watch because the closer it gets to full time the likelier it is the opposition will score.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Btw if the Conference League didn’t exist, the Europa League group would have much easier because the nature of seedings etc. 

Since the Round of 16, the quality has been the same as the Europa. 

We would not be in any European competition 

Just now, Kilworthfox said:

We would not be in any European competition 

Didn’t really read my full post did you? The lower pots would have had poorer opposition and therefore we’d quality from the group. 

Europa League went from a 48 team comp to a 32 team comp. 

Just stating a fact about it 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You know the season we won the league i used to laugh at the likes of Arsenal and all the pundits who would constantly obsess over possession stats. This idea that having the ball more means you automatically deserve the win. Our play that season optimized everything about being direct and playing with absolute purpose. Slowly we've become that team like Arsenal and it's sad to see. 

This is the most damning attribute Rodgers has, his football is outdated, it's a relic of the post pep Guardiola Barca era of 2010-2015 where the top sides valued possession over winning games. We smashed that style of play in 15/16 and yet now we're trying to move to that passive possession without purpose style with Puel and Rodgers whilst everyone is moving the other way trying to emulate the effectiveness of the side we once were. He reminds me of a bloke having a mid life crisis trying to re-live his glory days whilst the rest of the world is moving on, it's a bit sad to see really.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's such a weird coach. Wants to play attractive football and control games but yet somehow is still really cautious and negative. Fed up of it to be honest, either go full Pep or full Mourinho rather than this in effective between bs. 

As I wrote above, he’s just a conundrum.

We’ve never been such a Jekyll and Hyde side as we are under Rodgers. Two seasons running, playing beautifully. Getting ourselves into fourth position by a country mile…. Only to go on stinking runs which ruin all the good work!

It even happens in games! We can look sublime for 20 mins then God damn awful for the other 80

You never know what you’re going to get. 
Take the next game v Villa. Who knows how we’ll do? I don’t 

Just now, Col city fan said:

As I wrote above, he’s just a conundrum.

We’ve never been such a Jekyll and Hyde side as we are under Rodgers. Two seasons running, playing beautifully. Getting ourselves into fourth position by a country mile…. Only to go on stinking runs which ruin all the good work!

It even happens in games! We can look sublime for 20 mins then God damn awful for the other 80

You never know what you’re going to get. 
Take the next game v Villa. Who knows how we’ll do? I don’t 

We are inconsistently consistent, but let’s try and be dynamic play two upfront. Try something different because this one upfront business Vardy excluding is not conducive to the personnel.

• Like 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

What's he said? I literally switched off the second Richarlison scored.

We controlled the game blah blah blah. 

You're never fully in control of a game at 1-0 but he's too cowardly to make us push for a second goal. 

• Like 3

I think how the team played at the start is how he’s trained them and how he wants them to play. I don’t really think the issue is with the style as that can be great. I think it’s more to do with the emotions and confidence of the players. Everyone seems so short of confidence that they’re scared to take risks. Then we end up in this position where we have possession for possessions sake. 

For me, the players haven’t been good enough this season. It says a lot that we’re in April and none of us are really sure what our best 11 or best formation is. Kel and Daka have both have almost the entirety of 2022 to start and consistently play games but neither are playing well. The full backs seem to swing between excellent and awful most games. Kasper can be brilliant or the reason we drop points. Barnes, Tielemans, Ndidi just haven’t been consistent enough. Madders is the only one who always seems to be up for it and quality all season. KDH has shone recently and looks to be a quality player. 

Brendan is far from blameless, but most of the issues I see in the games and the reason we drop points are because of the players on the pitch. Nobody could string any passes together in that second half and that’s not Brendan’s fault. He needs to be much better at managing the mental side of the game, most of these players seem absolutely shot for confidence atm and I think most just want the season to end.

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We are inconsistently consistent, but let’s try and be dynamic play two upfront. Try something different because this one upfront business Vardy excluding is not conducive to the personnel.

Given his track record of cottoning on to things that the fans have been calling for ages, we’ve another 6 months of 1 up front before his penny drops

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One thing he's not learnt from is trying to shut games down with extra defenders or defensive midfielders.

I got in to a huge argument last season when he kept doing it and always won and people said I was ridiculous as it got the job done but it showed a worrying mentality that wasn't needed then and it most certainly isn't needed now. 

I hope he can take stock on this, as I've said prior to this season I don't ever recall him throwing an extra defender on to see a game out and we threw points away but this season it's happened LOADS. No excuses, it invites pressure and we surrender the control he most craves of possession, brainless.

i think bringing on big wes in the fa cup final to get us over the line, drilled it into his brain. 

Issue is, that even that was a bad decision and we were a whisker away from a very painful extra time scenario 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

We controlled the game blah blah blah. 

You're never fully in control of a game at 1-0 but he's too cowardly to make us push for a second goal. 

Watched the game with the wife and I kept saying that if we don't score a second then we will inevitably **** this up, so I totally agree, you're never in full control at 1-0, absolute shite.

• Like 1