Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Didn’t really read my full post did you? The lower pots would have had poorer opposition and therefore we’d quality from the group. 

Europa League went from a 48 team comp to a 32 team comp. 

Just stating a fact about it 

Me too mate 🦊

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I really hope he rages in the dressing room and stays calm in public. Young squad is a bullshit excuse.

So do I, but I doubt he does
I imagine he’s going on about intensity, beautiful play, hard luck that it didn’t come off etc etc 

I doubt he ever goes full Warnock with any of em

Guest Col city fan
Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

We’d currently be third without dropping points from winning positions so far this season. 

I genuinely believe we’d be pushing top four this season if we’d kept Fofana fit.

Losing him to that episode of GBH has had huge implications on our season

Brian Clough said it all those years ago… you’ll never win anything without a good defence. The defence is the building block to a successful side

He couldn’t have been more right 

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

We’d currently be third without dropping points from winning positions so far this season. 

But instead we are 1 point ahead of, until recently, relegation threatened Newcastle. 

Rodgers… Out

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Where the fcuk has he come up with the notion that team out there tonight was young? Most of this lot having been playing together for years as well.

Bonkers stuff, just when I was starting to recognise the improvements and he's spitting all sorts of shit again that is almost as bad as the results themselves.

What he should have said is yet again we aim to control a game and yet come away with more possession but the opposition creates more chances. Controlling a game is more than having the ball two thirds of the time if you cannot defend the other third very well, you also need to do something with the ball when you have it too, not overplay it and run in to trouble.

We were OK today, patches we played some good football bit it did not merit those comments and he should just refuse to do interviews if he can feel he's going to come out with such muck like this.

I pray Vardy is back this weekend/next week as we are incapable of creating passages of play that Iheanacho or Daka can cause sustained problems.

What so he can drag us out of the shit and mask over Brendan's tactical ineptitude?

Edited by foxfanazer

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely believe we’d be pushing top four this season if we’d kept Fofana fit.

Losing him to that episode of GBH has had huge implications on our season

Brian Clough said it all those years ago… you’ll never win anything without a good defence. The defence is the building block to a successful side

He couldn’t have been more right 

The midfield has been off all season too though, its not just the defence that enables our opposition week in, week out to have so many chances from minimal possession, it often comes from poor positioning and passing from the DCM and Tielemans.

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

What a hideous indictment of this soft as s***e team and management that is. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

What so he can drag us out of the shit and mask over Brendan's tactical ineptitude?

Yes, if Vardy actually can do that then I'm all for it. In reality if a manager is as done for as many suspect then even Vardy won't be able to bail him out long term.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

10 minutes ago, Hammo said:

What a hideous indictment of this soft as s***e team and management that is. 

I get what you're saying and this isn't a defence of Rodgers because I'm sick of how it's turned out today, but no team (or rarely does a team) go a whole season without dropping points from winning positions. 

Probably fairer to work out where we'd be if perhaps it's 15-20 points... 

Having said that, that's still far too many! 

It's not the stat any team should even be in discussion for. Especially not us. It's just indicative of the soft mentality, soft shell we have collectively as a squad. 

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where the fcuk has he come up with the notion that team out there tonight was young? Most of this lot having been playing together for years as well.

And our worst player on the field tonight holds 49 international caps.

Either he's thick or he seriously thinks everyone else is. That was one in a long line of imbecilic statements from him. I did enjoy his stutter when asked if this was becoming a habit again and had his previous words thrown back at him. It's getting to Rob "we will redouble our efforts on the training ground" Kelly levels of stupid.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I just want him gone, have done for ages. Don’t trust him at all to rebuild the club. 

He does weird things with players aswell, Tielemans poor for ages yet never gets dropped. 

Mendy half decent not picked in EL squad but in the EPL one, after being in neither at start of season.  

Perez last season poor but played every game, never dropped, then suddenly dropped for about 5 months this season and frozen out. 

I hope we win the Europa Conference but I doubt we’ve got the manager to win it, even if we do have the players. 

Do you know something we dont? 

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ah he loves the "young squad" line doesn't he lol

So does he expect us to win the league next year once we are there? Oooorrrrr are we 2 years from being 3 years away from nearly being there?

I need a feckin cold pitcher of beer with 10lbs of spicey tandoori  wings. Cry myself to sleep after a sympathy wank.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Btw if the Conference League didn’t exist, the Europa League group would have much easier because the nature of seedings etc. 

Since the Round of 16, the quality has been the same as the Europa. 

Easier than having to finish above Spartak and Legia?

50 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

At the risk of being overly positive and getting a lot of flack, one thing this does tell us is, despite our injuries and the poor finishing to games, we’re not that far away. 
We are, in my opinion a Neil Lennon, type winner in the middle of the park away from challenging the top 4. I like our midfield, but I don’t know if there is a real winner in there, KDH could be that player.

If you look at the really successful teams, they all have the great flair players, the creators, but they also have the real driving force behind them, who doesn’t let standards slip, who raises players up. I know it’s been said before but we’re probably too nice.

Anyone hear the commentator on MoTD say since beginning of March only Spurs and Brentford have picked up more points than Leicester.

In my head I think surely Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal and a host of others must have but apparently not it must just be reading all the doom and gloom on this forum that makes me think we are in relegation form where as that comment suggests it’s not 🤷‍♂️ 

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

At the risk of being overly positive and getting a lot of flack, one thing this does tell us is, despite our injuries and the poor finishing to games, we’re not that far away. 
We are, in my opinion a Neil Lennon, type winner in the middle of the park away from challenging the top 4. I like our midfield, but I don’t know if there is a real winner in there, KDH could be that player.

If you look at the really successful teams, they all have the great flair players, the creators, but they also have the real driving force behind them, who doesn’t let standards slip, who raises players up. I know it’s been said before but we’re probably too nice.

So do you buy into Rodgers’ opinion that the squad needs a summer rebuild?

20 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Anyone hear the commentator on MoTD say since beginning of March only Spurs and Brentford have picked up more points than Leicester.

In my head I think surely Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal and a host of others must have but apparently not it must just be reading all the doom and gloom on this forum that makes me think we are in relegation form where as that comment suggests it’s not 🤷‍♂️ 

i can't remember the last time man city lost and wasnt the last time liverpool lost was at the KP? 

10 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

So do you buy into Rodgers’ opinion that the squad needs a summer rebuild?

A big question, we certainly have a few players when looking at the 25 man squad who we need to move on, Choudhury, Perez, Bertrand and Vestergaard all need to move on for their own career. Then you have others like Mendy who I think will chose to move on, he’s been great since Ndidi has been out, but after being left out of the squad I can’t see him wanting to stay. 

Then you have the players Tielemans and Soyuncu who there are rumblings about moving on and no certainty about Lookman staying. This without anyone giving us huge money for Fofana or Maddison.

So that’s possibly 7 or 8 players who are moving on, so we will need to do some good business this summer to rebuild.

If we hold onto Fofana, Ndidi, KDH, Maddison, Ricardo and Castagne there is a decent spine to build around, but, if we want to be challenging the top 6 again, especially if we do have European football, recruitment will have to be perfect. We may need to look for more ready to go players, than the developers we have gone for in the past.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Obviously not correct

• Like 1