Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Can't believe he's still making these horrible tactical and personel changes at the death. 

He never learns. 

I'm petrified at the thought of him being at the heart of a squad rebuild based on the mediocre level of players him and his best mate have signed overall. 

Also, we are boring as **** to watch for 80% of a game

Yes... last week to told the mercury about his rebuilding ideas... I wasnt excited ... it made me think he should not be the one doing it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

"Poor game management", to my mind, is down to the players. They are the ones on the pitch and far too many can't do the basics for 90 minutes or 90 +2 or 5!!

They are "professional" footballers, it is their job to see a game out.

The players have to shoulder some responsibility, but for 11 players to make the same mistakes again and again suggests something really isn't right. Remember these are playing in one of the most competitive leagues in the world, you don't just happen to get here by chance and their not below average players who are somehow given a chance to play for us. These aren't just errors on a pitch, it's a mentality on how to see out games, and that doesn't come from a group of professionals who have a desire to win games. 

Their told to play to a certain style and how to manage certain situations tactically, it's not for them to decide amongst themselves how we play with 10 minutes remaining. They also aren't the ones coming out to the press saying their happy with how we performed, results disappointing but we're a young squad so it's going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm on numerous Leicester FaceBook groups and the hatred for Rogers doesn't seem to be anywhere near as strong on them as it is on here.

It's not hatred though it's pure frustration at seeing the same thing over and over. I've met Brendan and he's a really nice bloke and made time to have a little chat with my daughter. I respect him as a man and I appreciate the job he's done here but I think he's done all he can here and we're on a steady decline. Time for a freshen up imo

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes... last week to told the mercury about his rebuilding ideas... I wasnt excited ... it made me think he should not be the one doing it

I couldn’t believe what I was reading . He absolutely should not be put in charge of recruitment ; he would ruin the club 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

It’s always the case. This forum doesn’t represent the majority of fans. It’s so reactive and just ridiculous at times. Any bad result means the manager has to go any good result and we are unbeatable. People shouldn’t take things on here as a good representation of what fans think.

I understand what you're saying but he isn't being criticised for individual performances. The frustration and lack of belief in him stems from a culmination of throw away performances and his lack of ability to right our wrongs. It's hard to get hyped on the rare occasions we do perform now as yiu just know we're not gonna back it up with any kind of consistency 

The trend is to blame the individual , its easier. The majority of the mistakes in matches are collective . They are down to poor thinking, poor captaincy as well as poor tactical decisions. We certainly have good players but our teamwork is often lacking in the heat of a close match. That is the responsibility of the players on the pitch.

24 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Forums are known to be more negative than what the average fan thinks . Certainly the LCFC Facebook pages are a lot more pro Rodgers than on here .

Facebook groups are dominated by Generation Bootlick who relish anything their chosen establishment serves. 

• Like 3

Rodgers seems in denial about our inability to manage out a game just as he was about our inability to defend corners. I would have a lot more respect for him if he would acknowledge the weaknesses in the team, accept personal responsibility for addressing them and reassure fans that it's something he and the coaching staff are working on with the squad as a top priority. 

Other than Maddison we don’t have real quality up front. A bunch of hard workers (maybe except for Barnes) who squander fantastic opportunities time after time.

Tbf to Barnes he worked hard last night but still lacks quality/decision making in the final third.

I know BR keeps saying they’re a young squad and learning but I’m not convinced these guys have it in them to play the style he wants.

• Like 1

I’m sure that this has probably been mentioned but what the hell was he doing last night taking off Mendy. Absolutely ridiculous decision again from Rodgers. Does he not learn at all from his mistakes? Take off the player who is helping us keep the ball for another cb to invite pressure on. We once again got what we deserve for his poor decisions. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's not hatred though it's pure frustration at seeing the same thing over and over. I've met Brendan and he's a really nice bloke and made time to have a little chat with my daughter. I respect him as a man and I appreciate the job he's done here but I think he's done all he can here and we're on a steady decline. Time for a freshen up imo

Really?

Look back through this thread at some of the personal insults towards him. Pretty disgusting really.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Really?

Look back through this thread at some of the personal insults towards him. Pretty disgusting really.

Well yeah if that is the case then it's clearly ridiculous but it shouldn't be used as a way to deflect from discussing his position here either

I find it very weird that we have two actual Brendan Rodgers fans on this board, they probably both think we won last night because their lord and saviour says we controlled the game and had lovely possession stats lol

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m sure that this has probably been mentioned but what the hell was he doing last night taking off Mendy. Absolutely ridiculous decision again from Rodgers. Does he not learn at all from his mistakes? Take off the player who is helping us keep the ball for another cb to invite pressure on. We once again got what we deserve for his poor decisions. 

I had a crap steam last night which kept on cutting out but Mendy was sloppy like he was against Newcastle. It seems because he came back into the team and played well he lost his sharpness when he should be getting sharper! it was a clear tactic of Everton to press Mendy, as soon as a pass went into him the Toffees closed him down very quick so maybe that’s why he’s struggled last 2 games. 

Like I said my stream was poor so there may have been lots of good things Mendy did I missed.

I do agree that even if he was poor he should have stayed on, for whatever reason when we bring on an extra defender on it never tends to see the game out.

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It has been mentioned and I agree with the comment below

49 minutes ago, Dusty said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the change. Everton we’re hoofing it up, Mendy was the smallest player on the pitch. He main job is to keep possession but we were just clearing our lines rather than playing possession football, so we had no use for his skills. We brought on someone to sit in front of the back 4 and try to break up play and win headers. 

It was the right change. There have been times this season where he has made the wrong decision with late subs, but yday was not one of those occasions. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Mendy was knackered and Everton were playing hoofy ball. And he must play on Saturday.  If he was kept on and something happened to him, everyone would be complaining about man management / injuries.

Edited by jamesp26

57 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Can't believe he's still making these horrible tactical and personel changes at the death. 

He never learns. 

I'm petrified at the thought of him being at the heart of a squad rebuild based on the mediocre level of players him and his best mate have signed overall. 

Also, we are boring as **** to watch for 80% of a game

This may be true but the most frustrating thing is that last night we saw just how good a Rodgers team can be in the opening 15 minutes.

Dominating the ball, confident passing, creating chances.

The problem is he has either

a) installed a total lack of confidence in his players, to the point that they don’t believe they can perform to that level for 90 minutes. Or 

b) actively instructed them to switch from dominating the ball, to focusing on defending a lead rather than attacking a really poor opposition. 

Some of our time wasting last night was a joke as well.