Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

I'd say that is exactly what he's demanding .... Low risk possession football, don't make that killer risky pass if a low risk backwards pass is on.

Yeah, that's the same pattern we repeat over and over again. Even when our risky passing at the back works and we break the first press, unless there's a safe forward pass on, we just go back to the defence and let the other team get reset again lol

I don't know how you can watch the players repeat the same patterns over again and hear the manager praise the performance, then think that it's not the manager dictating how we're playing.

For the people that like to absolve Rodgers of any blame and shift it all onto the players I'll reiterate the point I always make. If he has that little bearing on results and performances then let's get someone else in on half of the money to do an equally mediocre job. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I'd say that is exactly what he's demanding .... Low risk possession football, don't make that killer risky pass if a low risk backwards pass is on.

Pretty much yeah, when we went through that spell of been more direct, and in most games we try it we concede a ton, so I think low risk possession is Brendan's way of not conceding goals which in turn damages our goal output, hence us needing to hang on to slender goal leads.  I have also observed very often our defenders passing to each other when a forward pass in on.

Problem is the combination of manager and players has us way too nervy end of games, the managers defensive subs and the players not been composed with the 1 goal lead for last 10 minutes or so.

Edited by Chrysalis

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Maddison had a great chance in both halves, I can't remember which player had the ball (I think Lookman) at one point where Maddison was completely open with a tap in had he got his head up and a chance where Maddison had the ball with KDH waiting on his own at the edge of the area with Pickford stranded. Also Fofana's free header that he put wide.

You've made my point for me ..... A pass that didn't get made so the chance wasn't created, and a wide header ..... from 67% possession over 90 minutes.

Everton had a higher xG, from their 33% possession, by definition easier chances to convert.

• Like 1

I can't see Brendon getting his P45, I think he has a very good relationship with Top, or so it seems looking in from the outside.  I think some on here will be disappointed, but barring a catastrophe next season, Rodgers is here to stay long term.  Lets hope he's learned his lesson with Bertrand and Vest 'n' pants!

Just now, Le Renard said:

I can't see Brendon getting his P45, I think he has a very good relationship with Top, or so it seems looking in from the outside.  I think some on here will be disappointed, but barring a catastrophe next season, Rodgers is here to stay long term.  Lets hope he's learned his lesson with Bertrand and Vest 'n' pants!

Sadly I think you're right

I think the players are there for us to be top 8, regularly and a good run to be top 6. Brendan has demonstrated that. I get that you have to evolve and we are, in comparison to our top flight history, having a golden period.

But the issue for me is that we KNOW it can be better. I would like to see an attempt to change style, to match the players we have, rather than square pegs in round holes. 

25 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Just wish he'd take the handbrake off. We don't play well until we're essentially forced to, like away at PSV. He's basically just a slightly upmarket Puel.

You think the manager that has finished top 6 twice, won an FA Cup, won the Community Shield, guided us to a European semi final and guided us to a league cup semi final is just an "upmarket Puel"?

Seriously.

might understand people wanting him gone but comparisons to Puel are stupid. But as always people forget. People forget how bad we were then.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

You've made my point for me ..... A pass that didn't get made so the chance wasn't created, and a wide header ..... from 67% possession over 90 minutes.

Everton had a higher xG, from their 33% possession, by definition easier chances to convert.

xG doesn't consider easy passes not made. Nor would it include the KDH chance in the 1st minute. If you failt to take a shot, that doesn't mean there wasn't a chance.

It's a wank metric. Sorry but there's no chance anyone can claim that Everton had the better chances in that game. We should have buried them.

• Like 3

Just now, AKCJ said:

How can any Leicester fan truthfully claim Rodgers is doing a mediocre job? Honestly man, I fully agree with you that he has to take blame for the fact we're struggling to hold onto leads and often concede late goals but take emotion out of it and look at where we were when he arrived and where we are now. That's while coping with arguably the worst injury crisis I've ever seen at a Premier league club.

Sorry you are right. Overall he has done a good job and the FA cup win in particular was incredible. The mediocre part was referring to this season where we just keep making the same mistakes time after time. I feel we've had the best days we're gonna have with Brendan 

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

It's never black or white.  I some things about Rodgers.  But he has blind spots.  After 3 years we are left with the good ...and the blind spots.  I would like him to accept his blind spots and to get people around him who will address them.  Clearly his current coaching team do not.

For the record - he needs to address: player focus and concentration (mndfulness); player strength (upper body); intensity; set pieces at both ends of the pitch; chance creation in the box, game management mentality.  (He need to look at how his own behavior makes things worse - when the chips are down people oftern belive thery are seeing the real traits of a leader.)

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

xG doesn't consider easy passes not made. Nor would it include the KDH chance in the 1st minute. If you failt to take a shot, that doesn't mean there wasn't a chance.

It's a wank metric. Sorry but there's no chance anyone can claim that Everton had the better chances in that game. We should have buried them.

I wish XG would fvck off.

People banging on about stuff like this. Just takes enjoyment out the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I wish XG would fvck off.

People banging on about stuff like this. Just takes enjoyment out the game.

According to xG, a striker missing the ball from a cross when 1 yard out is not a chance and a 30 yard shot that trickles into the keepers arm is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How can any Leicester fan truthfully claim Rodgers is doing a mediocre job? Honestly man, I fully agree with you that he has to take blame for the fact we're struggling to hold onto leads and often concede late goals but take emotion out of it and look at where we were when he arrived and where we are now. That's while coping with arguably the worst injury crisis I've ever seen at a Premier league club.

Genuine question, but is this due to training intensity when we had a lot of games? If that is the case then Brendan is partly to blame.

Edited by Happy Fox

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

According to xG, a striker missing the ball from a cross when 1 yard out is not a chance and a 30 yard shot that trickles into the keepers arm is.

It's stupid and that's exactly how the Newcastle game was. Newcastle had a higher xG than us but most, if not all, of these were 20+ yard shots.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Genuine question, but is this due to training intensity when we had a lot of games? If that is the case then Brendan is partly to blame.

I think if they were mostly muscle injuriies then i'd agree but most don't seem to be.

Evans' heel, Fofana's ankle, Justin's knee, Vardy's knee, Ricardo's knee, Maddison's hip, Ndidi's knee etc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You think the manager that has finished top 6 twice, won an FA Cup, won the Community Shield, guided us to a European semi final and guided us to a league cup semi final is just an "upmarket Puel"?

Seriously.

might understand people wanting him gone but comparisons to Puel are stupid. But as always people forget. People forget how bad we were then.

Exactly this - he isn’t perfect by any means and he does make some strange decisions sometimes but come on - asking for his head is absolutely mental - we have been miles better the past month and last Thursday was right up there in my opinion in how it made me feel like the cup final and 2016 - that was only a week a go- winning the fa cup was less than a year ago - we are very very close to being very good again and my opinion is that we are only a bit short because of missing ndidi and vards so much - that’s not an excuse it’s reality - back to the point - is rodgers perfect - no - not by a long shot - is he in the elite set of gaffers ala klopp and guardiiola- no - but is he a bloody good manager that’s doing a very decent job - hell yes - we are doing just fine - 5 more points Sunday and last night would have been lovely and probably should have been achieved but hey ho - that’s football - this is the best ever time our club has ever had - we have had horrible luck this year and we are still comfortably mid table and have a European semi final next week - a bloody European semi final - that’s absolutely mental - enjoy the team and the manager we have right now as it won’t last forever- let’s bring the noise again on Saturday and do our part - room for improvement all round - no doubt - time to panic - absolutely not in a million years 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Like I’ve been saying, we get into amazing situations often in many games but we don’t even create a chance out from it. It’s really quite damning on our forward players.

Morning all! Hopefully most of our fans are calmer today after yesterday's poor game management indeed. The BR out brigade was full on march yesterday. I can understand the frustration but I can't see any recommendations/plans from all the fans that want Rodgers out. Are there really any decent alternatives? Let's see (Manager/Possibility of accepting the job):

Guardiola: 0%, Klopp: 0%, Dyche: 99%, Potter: 99%, Konte: 0%, Ten Haag: 0%, Mourinho: 50%, Simeone: 30%, Lage: 20%, Lopetegui: 10%, Pochettino: 0%, Pellegrini: 20%, Alguacil: 70%, Inzaghi: 0%, Conceicao: 1%, Spalletti: 10%, Amorim: 50%, Gasperini: 60%.

Obviously this is a personal shortlist but most of these managers (except Dyche and probably Potter) match the criteria and board expectations for our team (Top 6 finishes). 

I don't mind radical changes in the managerial position but sacking or letting BR go is a big gamble. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Morning all! Hopefully most of our fans are calmer today after yesterday's poor game management indeed. The BR out brigade was full on march yesterday. I can understand the frustration but I can't see any recommendations/plans from all the fans that want Rodgers out. Are there really any decent alternatives? Let's see (Manager/Possibility of accepting the job):

Guardiola: 0%, Klopp: 0%, Dyche: 99%, Potter: 99%, Konte: 0%, Ten Haag: 0%, Mourinho: 50%, Simeone: 30%, Lage: 20%, Lopetegui: 10%, Pochettino: 0%, Pellegrini: 20%, Alguacil: 70%, Inzaghi: 0%, Conceicao: 1%, Spalletti: 10%, Amorim: 50%, Gasperini: 60%.

Obviously this is a personal shortlist but most of these managers (except Dyche and probably Potter) match the criteria and board expectations for our team (Top 6 finishes). 

I don't mind radical changes in the managerial position but sacking or letting BR go is a big gamble. 

Would absolutely love to live in a world where there's anything other than a 0% chance of Simeone coming here.

18 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Leeds have had similar problems and now blamed on Bielsa over training causing tissue injuries.

21 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Are we 100% sure that the tsunami of injuries was caused by the intensity of the training? I don't think so and I guess we'll never know.