Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

😯😮😲🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Budget restrictions, we've had our biggest net spend in years and opted not to sell any of our key players. I do agree though that were we to win the ECL then it's a huge achievement for us and him, he was previously labelled a disaster in Europe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Budget restrictions, we've had our biggest net spend in years and opted not to sell any of our key players. I do agree though that were we to win the ECL then it's a huge achievement for us and him, he was previously labelled a disaster in Europe.

What he says isn't factually true, he's like Boris 🙄😂

Just puts the pressure on himself to win a trophy now, as if he doesn't it's a full on regression this season on all on field metrics. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

😯😮😲🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Pretty funny considering only a couple of months ago Brendan was parading around saying he didn't know what the ECL was, that he'd never heard of it and didnt realise we were in it like some spoilt bratt. 

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Pretty funny considering only a couple of months ago Brendan was parading around saying he didn't know what the ECL was, that he'd never heard of it and didnt realise we were in it like some spoilt bratt. 

To be fair I didn't mind that, I'd have been more riled if he tried to spin it as a positive and one we were immediately looking forward to. He was being honest and not hiding behind the nonsense that managers and him are often guilty of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

😯😮😲🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Eh?? It's the poorest season he's had at Leicester alone so that puts a minimum of 3 ahead of this one already.

Surely this is a case of setting expectations now he's underperforming ( doesn't need to bother reminding people of excuses when we're sitting in the top 4 does he) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We all ignoring the injuries comments then?

It's all about finding the negative. That's what drives those clicks

34 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Parading around? 

It was a comment to an interviewer to say he was only concentrated on getting a result at Napoli that night. He’d pay know no attention to the aftermath of getting 3rd 

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The point is though, when your dominating games you need to kill games off. These late goals conceded and individual errors don't matter if you're a couple of goals in the lead. We take our foot off of the gas once we take the lead

Exactly we hardly go for the jugular at times trying to walk the ball into the net rather than shoot from outside the box, Castagne showed we can score from outside the box so has Maddison I just wish we’d stop prattling about inside the opponents box and shoot more often from range !:trumpet:

39 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He wasnt parading it around, he mentioned it in passing,Maybe even sarcastically after losing out on qualifying for the higher goal.

Any other repeats,came from Media & this forum, repeating his early couple of statements...

Talk about Mountains & molehills...

For me, Rodgers is a good manager.

I do not understand why he has kept Choudhury in the squad.  Choudhury has been used in emergencies and sometimes praised by Rodgers.  

We are in danger of Tielemans or KDH breaking down through over-use, yet Choudhury remains on the bench.  

If Choudhury plays tomorrow, giving both KDH and Tielemans a half off, it will help us move into a position  where we go into a hectic final few games with a nearly.fit squad.

Release Choudhury.

3 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Pretty sure he was just as pissed off as 99% of City fans after we had just blown it away at Napoli.

9 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

We won the league with an average of 43% possession.

This shows that there are many ways of defeating the opposition.

I am not a fan of possession for possessions sake, which I feel is a lot of our play, like over 95%! Along side this, it is insipid to watch, so uninspiring watching our defenders, putting themselves under more pressure, with less and less time on the ball, until they pass back to the GK when in trouble, just to kick for a 50/50 duel. 

Fact is, it isn't working, and if you feel it is, then please explain how?

The performance against Palace, which was very praise worthy, was built on a strong attacking press. Why isn't this the model of preferred play?

Apparently the games changed since those days 😂😂😂

No it hasn’t. There’s still 11 men on each side, with one ball, played on a pitch of roughly the same dimensions 

Was it Paul Scholes who said that football is a simple game, over complicated by idiots?

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He wasnt parading it around, he mentioned it in passing,Maybe even sarcastically after losing out on qualifying for the higher goal.

Maybe not parading it around but that was his genuine reaction - he had no idea what the Conference was and how it worked - presumably because he’d assumed right from the off we’d finish first or second. An assumption which was almost certainly one of the reasons we finished third…it was a terrible group stage performance - the defeat to Legia and draw with Spartak were inexplicably poor but all too typical, our pathetic game management was cruelly exposed in both ties v Napoli and our best result was achieved in the face of woeful but again all too typical defending v Spartak.

• Like 1