Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

When everyone is fully fit we have the best squad of players to choose from we've ever had.  With the injuries we've had, the backup players are no better than bottom half league players imo.  We've carried too many of them over the course of the season in the starting 11 and hence we lie midtable.

Yes you can argue that Rodgers is partly to blame for the league position with his dubious managerial decisions and methods, which is true to some extent, but ultimately the backup players have proven to be not effective enough at maintaining a convincing top half finish.

We need to spend money on 4 or 5 players in the summer that can come in as first team players to maintain a decent level of consistency but this will require getting rid of players that aren't necessarily easy to shift on either.

It's not an easy fix to improve a squad and maintain a top half finish that can compete in and out of Europe at a whim which is what people seem to be expecting here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Ok I understand your points. He has given us historically great seasons. With a great side however! This isn't the Leicester City of administration. 

Irrelevant. Do you not rate Pep as a manager? There are plenty of examples of managers having good teams and failing.

A good manager gets the best of out a team; players don't make a manager.

If it was so easy to win then Puel would have done something with us.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Irrelevant. Do you not rate Pep as a manager? There are plenty of examples of managers having good teams and failing.

A good manager gets the best of out a team; players don't make a manager.

If it was so easy to win then Puel would have done something with us.

Puel is a terrible manager. Pep is overrated, he has never had a poor side to manage in comparison to the competitions he has competed in, he should win almost all of the competitions as he has the best resources. 

It's not irrelevant, you can't assess how well a manager is doing without assessing their budget, recruitment and quality of their side, against results on the pitch. That's exactly my point. 

Rodgers for example did his best season at Swansea. But he's had more resources after he left. 

15 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

😯😮😲🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Crikey. I'm a fan of Brendan but even I think he's gone full Boris here. He's right about the injuries but there's a lot more to it than that and we have been very poor at times this season. I think the budget restrictions comment is a bit out of order, I guess compared to the top teams it's restricted, but he's had more backing than any LCFC manager ever and wasn't forced to sell any of our major assets in the summer. I don't think it's been a disastrous season but has been mediocre at best. 

I think we have to win the Conference for it to be considered a good season. Sounds harsh but just getting to the final isn't enough to save the season- imho, of course.

Edited by Tielemans63

15 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

😯😮😲🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Is this supposed to be some sort of tribute to Mourinho and his claim that finishing 2nd with that United squad was his best achievement? Mourinho was proven right. Rodgers is talking bollocks to be honest. We've had injuries sure, but this season I've seen some of the worst football since relegation to L1, truly abysmal negative football. We've been lucky that everyone around us were dropping points or we could be in a very dire situation similar to Everton. That and the fact we have somewhat picked up performances recently. Sometimes I really do wonder wtf he's smoking. 
Strange one that he mentions the level of injuries the squad has been dealing with, it's his fault... go to google and search "Brendan rodgers (insert previous club) Injury crisis. He has an injury meltdown most seasons at pretty much every club he manages. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Ok I understand your points. He has given us historically great seasons. With a great side however! This isn't the Leicester City of administration. 

Everyone who defends him doesn't seem to accept that, we have our best squad we have ever had. All the great work over the last decade is being eroded slowly in front of me, and I have to watch, like catching some guy rodgering the love of your life, and everyone agreeing he's a great guy whilst doing so 🙈😂 it's just awful!!! 

We didn't sell anyone at the start of this season. 

Yet he complains about support... Frankly that's outrageous. He describes the situation he has like we are some minnow, when we are in the top 20 of clubs in the world, based on revinue generated. We aren't Barnsley (no disrespect intended I could have chosen many half decent clubs) and I know we aren't Real Madrid, but we are closer to the elite now more than ever before, because of the boss, the great recruitment, and Tops continued support, and we have this manager complaining with inaccurate facts and shit football, shit tactics, and shitty results, and unacceptable comments in interviews. 

He's failing!!! 

Apologies, I'm just passionate about my club, I'm not entitled, I have supported LCFC since 1990, Ive been down in the depths of relegation, play off defeats and administration. And what is happening now, is so difficult for me to accept. 

When has he complained about support? 

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

A couple of occasions, but I can’t be arsed weeding through all his drivel to find it 

Support from the fans or support from the board?

Ive got to say I read these interviews too and I can't remember him saying anything like that. 

I am really worried about Brendan.   He seems to avoid any suggestion that there are things to do.  I believe he is a good coach... yet he would be better if he surrounded himself with helpers who would address his blind spots.  Worse, either he cant see his flaws or he is in denial about the need to fix them. 

For completeness tbe issues to fix are:

Focus and concentration of players (this is trainable)

Upper body strength of lightweight players.

Fitness to promote intensity. 

Chance creation... possession obsession means no one will shoot or put in a risky ball

Set piece defending 

Corners attacking.

Stop panicking and transmitting fear in injury time. 

Introduce personal coaches to make player epl ready (daka  soumare nacho plus the young kids pushing for places)

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When has he complained about support? 

To bemoan "budget restrictions" 

For me that is a complaint directed at the Financial decision makers at the club. 

Isn't this a snack in the face of Top when we have just had a pandemic? 

Especially considering that King Power is based around the Aerospace industry, which was operating well below 90% in the last 2 years... Completely out of touch to make this comment, when we sold no key players last summer. 

1 minute ago, Kilworthfox said:

For me that is a complaint directed at the Financial decision makers at the club. 

Especially considering that King Power is based around the Aerospace industry, which was operating well below 90% in the last 2 years... Completely out of touch to make this comment, when we sold no key players last summer. 

Was he complaining about that or just stating the reality? I'm going to need to see the quote. 

7 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Not only that we've bucked the model of selling a first team player each season - that represents an investment. 

We've invested HEAVILY into a training facility as well as the development of the ground. 

To moan about the lack of investment is misguided at best and pig ignorant at worst. What other team is he going to get a better financial deal at? 

When we're talking financial investment we've got a manager paid in amongst the top 5 in the league. He's saying his best season ever is finishing in the top ten? Smells like revisionist bullshit to me. 

• Like 2

There are at least 10 clubs that have spent more than us on transfers over the time BR has been with us.
Yet we continue to outperform many of them. Every fan outside of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea would have loved the last 3 years that we’ve had.

We are one of only 4 clubs outside the big six since the PL began to win the FA Cup! 
We are in the Semi final of a European competition.

We have had the worst injury list this season I’ve known any club to have and we are still not far behind the top six.

We’ve had some disappointments this season, and it hasn’t always gone the way we wanted it too. But it’s the first season in about 10 years we haven’t progressed and we could still end it with a European trophy.

He is in the conversation for our greatest ever manager, and in my eyes will be if he wins the Europa Conference. I actually can’t believe there are still people calling for his head, I’m not sure what you expect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I support the club not one person. I don’t boo him, (apart from Napoli away FT) but he deserves every bit of stick he gets this season. 

But he was getting stick last season, and the season before. Some people have just got it in for him. 

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

But he was getting stick last season, and the season before. Some people have just got it in for him. 

He's a good coach/manager but he's oilier than the Exxon Valdez and it pisses folk off. 

The whole financial moaning - its untrue and unfair on our owners who have backed him and paid him handsomely. He wanted a defender and he elected Vestegaard - not our scouting team - and yet he's spinning a narrative of some kind of hardship. 

The owners have done great things for the club and its galling to hear him using them as a token for self preservation. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

He's a good coach/manager but he's oilier than the Exxon Valdez and it pisses folk off. 

The whole financial moaning - its untrue and unfair on our owners who have backed him and paid him handsomely. He wanted a defender and he elected Vestegaard - not our scouting team - and yet he's spinning a narrative of some kind of hardship. 

The owners have done great things for the club and its galling to hear him using them as a token for self preservation. 

Nobody can actually come with a quote of him blaming the owners though. It's like a lot of things on here, someone dreams up a stick to beat Rodgers with and it becomes undisputed fact. 

• Like 4