Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Nobody can actually come with a quote of him blaming the owners though. It's like a lot of things on here, someone dreams up a stick to beat Rodgers with and it becomes undisputed fact. 

I can't be arsed to wade through the first five pages of Google but he's had a dig before now. 

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He's a good coach/manager but he's oilier than the Exxon Valdez and it pisses folk off. 

The whole financial moaning - its untrue and unfair on our owners who have backed him and paid him handsomely. He wanted a defender and he elected Vestegaard - not our scouting team - and yet he's spinning a narrative of some kind of hardship. 

The owners have done great things for the club and its galling to hear him using them as a token for self preservation. 

People moan about him as we’re not anywhere near the champions league places yet I can’t imagine any of those teams challenging would only be spending £15m on a defender if they were desperate for one. We spend £20m net a year it’s not exactly guaranteeing champions league is it

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He's a good coach/manager but he's oilier than the Exxon Valdez and it pisses folk off. 

The whole financial moaning - its untrue and unfair on our owners who have backed him and paid him handsomely. He wanted a defender and he elected Vestegaard - not our scouting team - and yet he's spinning a narrative of some kind of hardship. 

The owners have done great things for the club and its galling to hear him using them as a token for self preservation. 

He will eventually go to far with his blame everything, and everyone else comments, I like him as well, he is a great manager, but wont accept he like everyone has faults, i cringe sometimes, the Everton game, blaming the equaliser in added time on a group of very young players, it's annoying 

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He’s getting criticised because his side can’t keep leads nor defend corners. Not because he isn’t one of the cool kids. 

If we were where we should be like the last 2 seasons I wouldn't be so critical. @WebboI dont like him but if he does well I'll put up with him. He's not doing well. 

I've stated my facts, it's not just conjecture. 

If your happy good for you 🦊👍🏼

7 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

People moan about him as we’re not anywhere near the champions league places yet I can’t imagine any of those teams challenging would only be spending £15m on a defender if they were desperate for one. We spend £20m net a year it’s not exactly guaranteeing champions league is it

I'm not moaning about the league result right now. I'm realist. I can see why we are where we are. 

If you actually read it I'm fed up with the excuses and blame game he's been trotting out for the better part of two years now. 

At some point it ceases to be the experience of the squad or whatever nebulous reason he's giving and instead the results sit at his door. 

Barking on about respecting and complimenting Newcastle's owners after a humiliating loss was a new low, too. Just snake oil oozing all over the place. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alrog said:

I’ve read this forum for many, many years and never been motivated to do more than swear at the screen as I read some of the crazy opinions on display. But I can’t stop myself now, as I’m so aggravated at some of the opinions that seem unconnected with reality. To illustrate my point, I went to the ‘spotrac’ website, which gives info on clubs’ wages and transfer outgoings. It has the following info for the current season:

1 Manchester United F.C. £208,415,000

2 Chelsea F.C. £162,642,000

3 Manchester City F.C. £142,944,000

4 Liverpool F.C. £134,518,000

5 Arsenal F.C. £80,941,273

6 Everton F.C. £71,479,000

7 West Ham United F.C. £59,630,000

8 Tottenham Hotspur F.C. £55,295,200

9 Leicester City £54,525,000

10 Crystal Palace £51,765,000

11 Newcastle United F.C. £46,606,200

12 Aston Villa F.C. £44,921,396

13 Southampton F.C. £43,790,000

14 Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. £43,055,600

15 Brighton & Hove Albion £33,407,333

16 Burnley F.C. £32,548,000

It has a lot more detail, but my limited keyboard skills mean that I have just copied the minimum.

In the light of the above, I would be interested in how the people raging at our inability to be ‘up there’ with the top four clubs justify their fury. Yes,  we defied the odds once, but that very fact increased the financial gap between those top-spending clubs and the rest of us - thus making a repeat even less likely.

...in that case, we should never be able to play teams above us on this list and hope to beat them!!!

We should not be able to beat Man. City, Man. United, Liverpool or Chelsea, going by what you are saying, it should never happen.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...in that case, we should never be able to play teams above us on this list and hope to beat them!!!

We should not be able to beat Man. City, Man. United, Liverpool or Chelsea, going by what you are saying, it should never happen.

Alternatively the owners could just increase the wages of all the players by 50% and we're in business. 

There's a cult springing up around Rodgers. It's not enough to acknowledge he's a good manager but hold the view that he isn't getting everything right. You must worship at the altar. 

31 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I can't be arsed to wade through the first five pages of Google but he's had a dig before now. 

Him saying we don’t have the financial resources of other clubs is not the same as I’m not being backed by the board/owners.

In fact he is on record saying and probably quicker to find on Google how much they have backed him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Ok I understand your points. He has given us historically great seasons. With a great side however! This isn't the Leicester City of administration. 

Everyone who defends him doesn't seem to accept that, we have our best squad we have ever had. All the great work over the last decade is being eroded slowly in front of me, and I have to watch, like catching some guy rodgering the love of your life, and everyone agreeing he's a great guy whilst doing so 🙈😂 it's just awful!!! 

We didn't sell anyone at the start of this season. 

Yet he complains about support... Frankly that's outrageous. He describes the situation he has like we are some minnow, when we are in the top 20 of clubs in the world, based on revinue generated. We aren't Barnsley (no disrespect intended I could have chosen many half decent clubs) and I know we aren't Real Madrid, but we are closer to the elite now more than ever before, because of the boss, the great recruitment, and Tops continued support, and we have this manager complaining with inaccurate facts and shit football, shit tactics, and shitty results, and unacceptable comments in interviews. 

He's failing!!! 

Apologies, I'm just passionate about my club, I'm not entitled, I have supported LCFC since 1990, Ive been down in the depths of relegation, play off defeats and administration. And what is happening now, is so difficult for me to accept. 

So you’ve watched us in the depths of relegation, administration, and play off defeats, and a slightly middling Premier League season with European football all season, is so difficult for you to accept?

57 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I think Brendan’s right about it being one of his best seasons. It will be the first for a while that we’ve not bottled a Champions League place. 

Well that's not entirely correct, only 3 weeks ago we where on a winning run and playing quite well and we looked like only 3 games in hand away from a European spot... then made 7 or 8 changes back to loosing team again ... focusing elsewhere.... so in effect bottled 8 or 9th now.

I'm just frustrated and still in a mood from last 2 games lol

Edited by damolcfc

1 minute ago, damolcfc said:

Well that's not entirely correct, any 3 weeks ago we where on a winning run and playing quite well and we looked like only 3 games in hand away from a European spot... then made 7 or 8 changes back to loosing team again ... focusing elsewhere.... so in effect bottled 8 or 9th now.

Managing a injury ravaged squad over a very long season that followed on from the Euros.

Yes, it’s been frustrating but this season was always going to be difficult with the entire back line and Vardy out for most of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I am really worried about Brendan.   He seems to avoid any suggestion that there are things to do.  I believe he is a good coach... yet he would be better if he surrounded himself with helpers who would address his blind spots.  Worse, either he cant see his flaws or he is in denial about the need to fix them. 

For completeness tbe issues to fix are:

Focus and concentration of players (this is trainable)

Upper body strength of lightweight players.

Fitness to promote intensity. 

Chance creation... possession obsession means no one will shoot or put in a risky ball

Set piece defending 

Corners attacking.

Stop panicking and transmitting fear in injury time. 

Introduce personal coaches to make player epl ready (daka  soumare nacho plus the young kids pushing for places)

This is an interesting one in particular as BR has basically done the exact same thing as Puel in this regard.
Puel took over from a team playing real dog water football, and in his first x amount of games completely unlocked them and let players play, I remember watching those early games and it was night and day compared to the weeks before, then eventually Puel wanted to transition us to a team that could hold the ball, and we went to the extreme where we lost pretty much all fluidity upfront and seemed to not want to make a pass forward that could be considered a risk. 

Then Brendan took over from real dog water football,  and in his first x amount of games completely unlocked them and let players play, I remember watching those early games and it was night and day compared to the weeks before, then eventually Brendan wanted to transition us to a team that could hold the ball, and we went to the extreme where we lost pretty much all fluidity upfront and seemed to not want to make a pass forward that could be considered a risk. 

Wait, am I repeating myself? is this the matrix?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

For a forum currently fixated with the xG stat they over look the crucial stat of spending, it’s proven that those teams that spend the most win the most.

look at the table Alrog posted then look at the actual league table it’s not a million miles out of sync 

35 minutes ago, Alrog said:

I’ve read this forum for many, many years and never been motivated to do more than swear at the screen as I read some of the crazy opinions on display. But I can’t stop myself now, as I’m so aggravated at some of the opinions that seem unconnected with reality. To illustrate my point, I went to the ‘spotrac’ website, which gives info on clubs’ wages and transfer outgoings. It has the following info for the current season:

1 Manchester United F.C. £208,415,000

2 Chelsea F.C. £162,642,000

3 Manchester City F.C. £142,944,000

4 Liverpool F.C. £134,518,000

5 Arsenal F.C. £80,941,273

6 Everton F.C. £71,479,000

7 West Ham United F.C. £59,630,000

8 Tottenham Hotspur F.C. £55,295,200

9 Leicester City £54,525,000

10 Crystal Palace £51,765,000

11 Newcastle United F.C. £46,606,200

12 Aston Villa F.C. £44,921,396

13 Southampton F.C. £43,790,000

14 Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. £43,055,600

15 Brighton & Hove Albion £33,407,333

16 Burnley F.C. £32,548,000

It has a lot more detail, but my limited keyboard skills mean that I have just copied the minimum.

In the light of the above, I would be interested in how the people raging at our inability to be ‘up there’ with the top four clubs justify their fury. Yes,  we defied the odds once, but that very fact increased the financial gap between those top-spending clubs and the rest of us - thus making a repeat even less likely.

No point playing the 38 games each season, just decide it on expenditure if that’s how it works.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

For a forum currently fixated with the xG stat they over look the crucial stat of spending, it’s proven that those teams that spend the most win the most.

look at the table Alrog posted then look at the actual league table it’s not a million miles out of sync 

Perhaps we should just play wages ball then...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

So you’ve watched us in the depths of relegation, administration, and play off defeats, and a slightly middling Premier League season with European football all season, is so difficult for you to accept?

Incompetance which is leading to regression. 

Disrespectful comments in interviews when he has had all the support and more anyone could reasonably expect. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Demonstrates what an amazing job was done by the staff between 2008 and 2016.  Glory years which we are still benefiting from. 

It's being tarnished, which upsets me. Regression. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

Well that's not entirely correct, only 3 weeks ago we where on a winning run and playing quite well and we looked like only 3 games in hand away from a European spot... then made 7 or 8 changes back to loosing team again ... focusing elsewhere.... so in effect bottled 8 or 9th now.

As ever, it’s the hope that kills you lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Everyone who defends him doesn't seem to accept that, we have our best squad we have ever had. All the great work over the last decade is being eroded slowly in front of me, and I have to watch, like catching some guy rodgering the love of your life, and everyone agreeing he's a great guy whilst doing so 🙈😂 it's just awful!!! 

BTW I don't defend him, I'm just sitting on the fence and getting splinters.  From the start of next season, he will have nowhere to hide, if he messes it up he'll be gone, but if he starts getting a tune out of this talented squad, then us football fans will forget this season, we have memories like a goldfish.  Although I will still cringe when he goes into full Rodger ism mode.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1