Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The simplistic response to my earlier contribution - of facts - to the debate confirmed why I have avoided online ‘debate’. There is clearly not a direct correlation between financial expenditure and league position - or even in the result of any particular match….the current Man U team demonstrates that! 

However, it is not unreasonable to suggest, surely, that when the team with the 9th highest expenditure finishes 5th, it is performing well. And to expect a club to compete closely with teams with two-and-a-half times its budget is expecting quite a lot. The key word is “expecting”. I’m always hoping we’ll beat these teams, but don’t expect it….which makes the joy when we do all the more unconfined! 

As I have said, we have already shown that the impossible is possible….but not, I suspect on a regular basis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alrog said:

The simplistic response to my earlier contribution - of facts - to the debate confirmed why I have avoided online ‘debate’. There is clearly not a direct correlation between financial expenditure and league position - or even in the result of any particular match….the current Man U team demonstrates that! 

However, it is not unreasonable to suggest, surely, that when the team with the 9th highest expenditure finishes 5th, it is performing well. And to expect a club to compete closely with teams with two-and-a-half times its budget is expecting quite a lot. The key word is “expecting”. I’m always hoping we’ll beat these teams, but don’t expect it….which makes the joy when we do all the more unconfined! 

As I have said, we have already shown that the impossible is possible….but not, I suspect on a regular basis.

Absolutely a balanced response, but your last paragraph should have ended with no harm in trying on a regular basis 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ho ho ho that table is indicative of a transfer table also so my comment still stands of those that spend the most win the most

My apologies, Transfer ball, we could be at this all day, your comment has logic, but isnt the complete picture, we have proven that 3 times recently 👍

13 minutes ago, Vazman said:

My apologies, Transfer ball, we could be at this all day, your comment has logic, but isnt the complete picture, we have proven that 3 times recently 👍

Ok yes we could and I accept there are once in a blue moon exceptions but just look at every league in the world and tell me if statistically the teams that spend the most aren’t sat within the top positions of that league every season 🤷‍♂️ 

40 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ok yes we could and I accept there are once in a blue moon exceptions but just look at every league in the world and tell me if statistically the teams that spend the most aren’t sat within the top positions of that league every season 🤷‍♂️ 

But our recruitment hasn't been 'blue moon'. We're routinely buying players at a low price that are better than the tag indicates.

It's a flawed figure. Fofana is included in that total and we'd all agree he's worth much more than we paid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

So boring, it’s becoming a chore to watch at the minute :( 

Hopefully we’re saving all our goals and entertainment for Roma.

No excuses, we dont win something has to change. Manager, squad something cuz this cant  continue.