Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Nope. Unless we get absolutely hammered I think he's already got the summer.

Sadly, almost certainly true.  Rodgers being in change of a roster overhaul is a truly terrifying prospect.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Sadly, almost certainly true.  Rodgers being in change of a roster overhaul is a truly terrifying prospect.

It's why we need to win it really. If we're going to have the Rodgers rebuild and he's getting the time then lets actually get something more to show for it. Crashing out to Roma is the worst of both worlds in my eyes.

I don't think he's a rubbish manager nor do I think he's done badly here but I've been sure for virtually this entire season it'd suit both parties for him to move on this summer. Nothing has changed my mind. Yet I don't think we'll get that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's why we need to win it really. If we're going to have the Rodgers rebuild and he's getting the time then lets actually get something more to show for it. Crashing out to Roma is the worst of both worlds in my eyes.

I don't think he's a rubbish manager nor do I think he's done badly here but I've been sure for virtually this entire season it'd suit both parties for him to move on this summer. Nothing has changed my mind. Yet I don't think we'll get that.

He’s not a rubbish manager but it’s concerning that of late he has seemed powerless to affect the outcome of games either by tactical switches at h/t or by personnel changes at any point in the game .he used to be able to do that and good managers can always get the best from their teams once they see what the oppo are doing . What is he scribbling in his little book ? “ playing crap ( again) - give it another 65 minutes then put Marc Albrighton on somewhere??”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Derby just went down to league one, where they will be playing morecambe, Fleetwood, Burton etc.

we won an fa cup final 11 months ago. We are playing in a semi final against the mighty AS Roma in 5 days time and I'm off to the stadio olmpico to watch City in front of 72,000 screaming Romans in 11 days. 

Maybe you should take your hard earned cash and go down Pride Park (if they are still in business). And see how much creative freedom and Flair you see down there in league 1! 

Jesus some perspective people. 

For the last 4 years I’ve been regularly going to watch Coalville Town as well as Leicester. I can say without any doubt at all that Coalville are far more entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

So I know what @Daggers is getting at.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

We should be thankful that Vestergaard and Bertrand came prior to the overhaul in this case, he is already on notice when it comes to transfers

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which would be an option if the club think there is an outstanding candidate. 

(Mancini won’t be coming here) 

It’d take a heck of a lot of cajoling and £££. 

Rodgers has made us more and more unattractive to prospective new managers the longer this seasons gone on really 

I don't like where rodgers is taking us.  I dont want him controlling our recruitment.  I dont think his tactics lead to goals. 

Now is the time to to thank him and send him on his way. 

How do we get this message across.  We need a chant.  We need to isnt what we want.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We should be thankful that Vestergaard and Bertrand came prior to the overhaul in this case, he is already on notice when it comes to transfers

You'd hope so but Vestergaard was a panic signing and Bertrand was signed on a free, so they may give him a bit of a pass on those.

21 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You'd hope so but Vestergaard was a panic signing and Bertrand was signed on a free, so they may give him a bit of a pass on those.

Read a while ago (In the Athletic) that return to the previous transfer strategy would be required after recent failures, albeit in slightly less provocative language.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Post season is going to be so important for us this year.

We'll have important players leaving and we'll likely have the opportunity to reinvest generously with this 'overhaul'

Make a few wrong signings, we'll be next years Everton. Make the right signings, without a doubt we'll be making Europe.

This is going to be so important that we get it right. We don't want to be signing players and then waiting 3 years for them to settle in, we need players who can come in and make an immediate improvement. 

Rodgers has a very mixed transfer history, some great signings and some horrors.

I suppose you never know how responsible the manager actually is with specific signings as there's so many other people Involved.

I think its the responsibility of the club as a whole to really get this right.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

For the last 4 years I’ve been regularly going to watch Coalville Town as well as Leicester. I can say without any doubt at all that Coalville are far more entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

Says far more about premier league football than anything else. Imagine supporting Everton in that time frame or even Newcastle or West ham. We've had by and large 4 pretty good years.

It's not going to get much better than this bar Top acquiring several billion and us ignoring FFP.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I fully understand that and have been doing that at another similar team also. Part of it is perhaps a general falling out of love with a greedy overhyped Premier League but a big part is definitely the sort of drivel Rodgers is serving up both on field and verbally. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

I sometimes go to watch Mansfield Town as I used to work there and I 100 percent agree that lower league football is not without its charm. 

But in terms of freedom and creative Flair which daggers mentioned in his it is in short supply compared to the Premier league and watching even this current Leicester side. 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I don't like where rodgers is taking us.  I dont want him controlling our recruitment.  I dont think his tactics lead to goals. 

Now is the time to to thank him and send him on his way. 

How do we get this message across.  We need a chant.  We need to isnt what we want.

How about:

Rodgers teeth are white, 

But his football's 'frickin' shite,

In interview he's a bore,

His tactics makes us snore. 🤣 

• Like 2

We're just so dull to watch. Move the ball so slow.  I find the comments 'if you can't win you mustn't lose' absolutley bizarre. It was villa at home and he we did nothing to attempt to win the game. We gave the strikers 0 service. I dont look forward to games anymore. Its just so boring. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

We're just so dull to watch. Move the ball so slow.  I find the comments 'if you can't win you mustn't lose' absolutley bizarre. It was villa at home and he we did nothing to attempt to win the game. We gave the strikers 0 service. I dont look forward to games anymore. Its just so boring. 

And Villa came to win it did they? I'm not defending yesterday, but Villa committed very little. We can try and pretend we don't, but like it or not, everyone in our team had eyes on Thursday. In his interview, Justin referred to it as 'the big one'.

3 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

And Villa came to win it did they? I'm not defending yesterday, but Villa committed very little. We can try and pretend we don't, but like it or not, everyone in our team had eyes on Thursday. In his interview, Justin referred to it as 'the big one'.

Having said that, we had 65% possession to their 35%, we had 5 shots to their 11, so where it counts, for me, they seemed to have shown more intent possibly?

The passing stats of us 520 to their 289 tends to suggest also that many of ours were without real effect or purpose other than keeping possession which as usual, seemed to be side to side and backwards in our own half.

All in all it was a bit of a borefest and I wouldn't put that mostly down to Villa, we've been doing this for a long time now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes

Amazed people are actually admitting this. Weird.