Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Think of it as the old cup winners cup 

that was the third option when there were three trophies 

wouldn’t have turned my nose up winning that and I won’t do so with this …..

over the next decade, the winners of this trophy will all be ‘big sides’ 

The Cup Winners Cup was considered the 2nd trophy. The Fairs Cup was the 3rd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Irrelevant of what hopes we had at the start of the season, we still have a tangible chance to win a trophy that means European football for a third successive season. Few clubs get a chance these days at silverware because the money involved. Who wouldn’t want 1) another trophy?! 2) more European football irrespective of the level?

HBOS

It's important we force ourselves through life's difficult and painful times and that's why I want another season of this kind of football to help me develop the kind of grit and determination that will help me power through future episodes of depression and hopelessness.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If this conference competition is so important then I cant understand why we didnt try harder in higher  eufa  competition.

Where we routinely sacrificed points to poor sides

Might be hard to Take for many...At game time, we were Simply Not Good enough, no matter the mitigating cifcumstances

• Like 3

Apart from anything else, if we go out of this European cup, our season is finished, more or less? I know it’s not the most prestigious trophy, but it would still be a nice achievement for the lads. We should be favourites to win it too, if we get out arses in gear. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Apart from anything else, if we go out of this European cup, our season is finished, more or less? I know it’s not the most prestigious trophy, but it would still be a nice achievement for the lads. We should be favourites to win it too, if we get out arses in gear. 

Winning it would also get us into the Europa league..

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

After that timescale 

uefa cup was comp 2 ??

and if uefa cup was comp 3 then I would have been ecstatic to have won that aswell ! 

When there were 3, these were the levels of prestige:

1 European Cup

2 European Cup Winners Cup

3 European Fairs Cup

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

I can't understand how you can support a club, in any sport, and not want to win trophies? 

I am not ever going to say that I don't want my club to win. I want us to win every tackle, let alone silverware. Ultimately what this situation with BR is about is confidence not just short term, but long term, which I believe is more important. 

The conflict for those who have lost faith is that if we have an upturn or win a trophy, it could be believed that with BR we genuinely have turned a corner. If this were actually the case, I can't believe any foxes fan would be against the manager. That's illogical to want otherwise. 

The conflict is, that once you have lost faith completely with someone in their role, minor successes could buy them additional time, to only cause further damage if they are not able to turn it around.. 

I feel if you consider all of the elements and metrics on which to judge BR's performance, I believe he is failing in terms of results, with the assets he has at his disposal. I also have lost confidence in his ability to recognise & recruit new players, to take us back to challenging the top 4 or 6. I believe we scrape results because of individual quality of some of our players not because we play as an effective team. This covers the managers  tactical failings in my opinion. 

This is why some fans are conflicted about winning, what now with a few games to go, seem pointless league games. 

This Cup could get us back into the Europa League, yes. I enjoy LCFC being in the European competitions. I am unsure that they are a big draw for us to recruit the better players, for example we didn't sign Goosens because we didn't qualify for the Champions league.

I want us to win. But I want progress long term more, and I am willing to lose this battle to win the longer term war. 

I know you belive in BR. I know others do. That is great that you have these beliefs. I just don't see what you see, and vice versa. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I am not ever going to say that I don't want my club to win. I want us to win every tackle, let alone silverware. Ultimately what this situation with BR is about is confidence not just short term, but long term, which I believe is more important. 

The conflict for those who have lost faith is that if we have an upturn or win a trophy, it could be believed that with BR we genuinely have turned a corner. If this were actually the case, I can't believe any foxes fan would be against the manager. That's illogical to want otherwise. 

The conflict is, that once you have lost faith completely with someone in their role, minor successes could buy them additional time, to only cause further damage if they are not able to turn it around.. 

I feel if you consider all of the elements and metrics on which to judge BR's performance, I believe he is failing in terms of results, with the assets he has at his disposal. I also have lost confidence in his ability to recognise & recruit new players, to take us back to challenging the top 4 or 6. I believe we scrape results because of individual quality of some of our players not because we play as an effective team. This covers the managers  tactical failings in my opinion. 

This is why some fans are conflicted about winning, what now with a few games to go, seem pointless league games. 

This Cup could get us back into the Europa League, yes. I enjoy LCFC being in the European competitions. I am unsure that they are a big draw for us to recruit the better players, for example we didn't sign Goosens because we didn't qualify for the Champions league.

I want us to win. But I want progress long term more, and I am willing to lose this battle to win the longer term war. 

I know you belive in BR. I know others do. That is great that you have these beliefs. I just don't see what you see, and vice versa. 

I want us to win... but Rodgers is not the future.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Which we´d then piss away by underestimating the opposition....

Where we would have another opportunity to defend our conference title, picture the scenes, Brendan wins back to back Conferences, we become the Sevilla of the conference, the fan forum argument of the two sides of, oh but we were in League one 15 years ago, other side but we could of been in the champions league. If we are gonna piss away Europa, lets at least try an do the best we can at the European level we are at, an just enjoy it if success in any shape or form happens again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

When there were 3, these were the levels of prestige:

1 European Cup

2 European Cup Winners Cup

3 European Fairs Cup

The inter city fairs cup ended in 1971 and was replaced by the uefa cup (which became the Europa league in 2008)

I dont recall which trophy (cup winners cup/uefa cup) was the most prestigious. Perhaps they were considered pretty equal ….certainly when the European cup was only one club per country, the uefa cup was pretty tough to win with huge clubs competing …..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

If this conference competition is so important then I cant understand why we didnt try harder in higher  eufa  competition.

Where we routinely sacrificed points to poor sides

This is a great point!!!