Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree. 

He definitely deserve criticism and also deserves to be under pressure to perform. 

Like most on here I don't think this season has been good enough.

But unlike some, I've seen a few green recovery, and would like to see him get the summer and to start the season.

But I caveat that with the club management being in control of the summer transfer business.

I also would like to see the new approach to player fitness to continue, the way the return of Fofana and Evans has been dealt with give me some hope we can get a fit squad again.

Nothing really to do with BR but I'm also liking the small changes in the academy.

Yeah that's about my stance as well with him. Keep the squad fit and get back to playing the football him and the squad are best suited to and I've little serious complaints.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course it doesn't but one of the biggest attempted shut downs on the Rodgers criticism is that we should be thankful with what we've got as there's very little chance we'll get someone better. It's lazy retort.

It's not lazy at all. Whos better, available and would come? There's genuinely very few.

Amorin maybe? Would he adjust? It's a gamble.

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah that's about my stance as well with him. Keep the squad fit and get back to playing the football him and the squad are best suited to and I've little serious complaints.

You keep mentioning this sexy football, can you name a period of time we've played like this in the past 2 years? :D

You're like a woman stuck in a dead marriage, remembering the good times, when he bought you a WKD in the local and took you for a kebab and gave you a good seeing to back at his flat. Those days are gone Ric. Now he's stuck in a 9-5 council job and only spends his non-working time tending to his allotment. The greatest excitement you get at 8:30 when he leaves the house and rides his single gear bike to work. You overhear him on the phone to his mum on his weekly phone call telling her that things are going great between you both and everyone incredibly happy and that you're a beautiful human who's life is richer for his presence. After all, he did take you on that holiday to Greece, you hadn't been abroad in decades.

Don't fall for it Ric, there's plenty of men out there.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's not lazy at all. Whos better, available and would come? There's genuinely very few.

Amorin maybe? Would he adjust? It's a gamble.

It is lazy because its easy to hide behind managers currently in other jobs and assuming they aren't attainable. Or dismissing managers not being capable of doing better than Rodgers has in the last year, where we have clearly dropped off (mitigating circumstances) because they haven't won something in England.

I agree that the pool of managers currently out of work isn't at its strongest but given we herald our club as being ran as good if not better than all of our rivals then I'd put confidence in our board finding a manager to help build on what's been done here in recent years.

Galtier has a strong CV at clubs who like to invest in youth - got a new project at Nice but £10m a year is different ball game.

Arne Slot is a very progressive manager from his time at AZ and now at Feyenoord.

Lucien Favre is probably the best out of work coach for the short term for a club like us, him and Rudi Garcia have a very strong record at improving clubs quickly but long term I'd not be that keen but I'm also not as bothered by the thought of us not having a manager here for more than a few years at a time as long as the model and the vision remains progressive and the manager fits that.

Unai Emery has unfinished business in England, what he's done pretty much everywhere is just ridiculous. A bit of a joke figure because he can't wish anyone a pleasant evening properly but at £10m a year he'd be interested given he wanted £7m a year to go to Newcastle.

I'm still intrigued by Diego Martinez who left Granada last summer bit he's not got that much of a CV, likewise love what Xabi Alonso has been doing in his early managerial years with youth teams and Sociedad B.

Obviously I don't want any of the above if Rodgers is the man to carry on which I'm content with given the shoots of recovery I've seen since February. I just don't buy the stance that it's unthinkable that he shouldn't be under scrutiny or that he's irreplaceable.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You keep mentioning this sexy football, can you name a period of time we've played like this in the past 2 years? :D

You're like a woman stuck in a dead marriage, remembering the good times, when he bought you a WKD in the local and took you for a kebab and gave you a good seeing to back at his flat. Those days are gone Ric. Now he's stuck in a 9-5 council job and only spends his non-working time tending to his allotment. The greatest excitement you get at 8:30 when he leaves the house and rides his single gear bike to work. You overhear him on the phone to his mum on his weekly phone call telling her that things are going great between you both and everyone incredibly happy and that you're a beautiful human who's life is richer for his presence. After all, he did take you on that holiday to Greece, you hadn't been abroad in decades.

Don't fall for it Ric, there's plenty of men out there.

January 2021 - mid February 2021. Played some immense stuff

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes I see everything through a lens of Rodgers incompetence.   I am unhappy with his decisions and his style of play.   So I call it out.  We could achieve do much more with this squad and our club.   He is not taking us in the right direction.   Short term we now have to put fuch feelings aside and hope we can get passed Roma....  but that will not fix Brendan's flaws

I agree on some of your points over this season, but there has been so mitigating circumstances that as built up each month.

It feels a bum season,because what achievements was delivered after Puel..

We performance wise have been well off the mark..

Yes I do believe,Rodgers has made mistakes,and fairly he can be called out on them…but he hasn’t been personally responsible for coaching mishaps,nor players

ill discipline on their expected basic skills..

For what we all thought was potentially possible we have had bum season,Rodgers as manager takes an high responsibility because they were and are in his tenure…I definitely don’t agree he is stubborn or arrogant & that is why

hes been bad. Fans forget through all descicions on player change & tactics, are not selected/chosen for one game periods,with Tweeks a coach, understanding fans will want to see them have a run,even when they are not successfull.
We have to recognise & accept our injuries would of upset that and unbalanced

those ideas. If a manager has a 80% squad ,with returnees showing old form,

managers can balance that out, but our squad was torn for long periods with quality & star players not being at the races ,team sufferered,even when at different times individuals had good periods..ie Maddison of 2022..+ others.

Sometimes it seems nothing works..

Just my honest opinion,he deserves a bit of trust because the success,

also with the thought,I would like to see what

The product ‘Brendan Rodgers’ can do with…

small changes, new player investment & turn around plus a 90-  99% fit squad.

IMHO he deserves that..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is lazy because its easy to hide behind managers currently in other jobs and assuming they aren't attainable. Or dismissing managers not being capable of doing better than Rodgers has in the last year, where we have clearly dropped off (mitigating circumstances) because they haven't won something in England.

I agree that the pool of managers currently out of work isn't at its strongest but given we herald our club as being ran as good if not better than all of our rivals then I'd put confidence in our board finding a manager to help build on what's been done here in recent years.

Galtier has a strong CV at clubs who like to invest in youth - got a new project at Nice but £10m a year is different ball game.

Arne Slot is a very progressive manager from his time at AZ and now at Feyenoord.

Lucien Favre is probably the best out of work coach for the short term for a club like us, him and Rudi Garcia have a very strong record at improving clubs quickly but long term I'd not be that keen but I'm also not as bothered by the thought of us not having a manager here for more than a few years at a time as long as the model and the vision remains progressive and the manager fits that.

Unai Emery has unfinished business in England, what he's done pretty much everywhere is just ridiculous. A bit of a joke figure because he can't wish anyone a pleasant evening properly but at £10m a year he'd be interested given he wanted £7m a year to go to Newcastle.

I'm still intrigued by Diego Martinez who left Granada last summer bit he's not got that much of a CV, likewise love what Xabi Alonso has been doing in his early managerial years with youth teams and Sociedad B.

Obviously I don't want any of the above if Rodgers is the man to carry on which I'm content with given the shoots of recovery I've seen since February. I just don't buy the stance that it's unthinkable that he shouldn't be under scrutiny or that he's irreplaceable.

I think that's it though - under Puel I could name you half the Premier league that were better than him. Currently I think there's possibly 3 or 4 better - pep, klopp, tuchel and conte - beyond that I'm struggling. Same goes for other leagues - of those that you mention some don't speak the language and there's very few examples of a coach not speaking English and it working and others don't want to leave their current role. It's very very difficult now to get a better manager that would be a definite upgrade, there's going to have to be a massive punt when he leaves as Rodgers was to sone extent.

Also wouldn't assume there'd be the same budget for the next manager, likely to be a lot less if Rodgers has to leave early.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, coolhandfox said:

Just though I point out with the win against Palace, Rodgers has now won more PL matches (54) then any other LCFC manager, surpassing Martin O'Neill (53) and has achieved it in 34 less games.

So statistically and objectively our greatest ever manager. Yet apparently we can very easily do much better.....

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I definitely think Emery has unfinished business here like you say, I actually wouldn't be opposed to having him should Rodgers be relived of his duties, Like you say what he has done abroad with most teams is brilliant. 

Look what he has done with Villarreal, quite amazing really. 

would love to see them beat Liverpool. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just though I point out with the win against Palace, Rodgers has now won more PL matches (54) then any other LCFC manager, surpassing Martin O'Neill (53) and has achieved it in 34 less games.

33 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

So statistically and objectively our greatest ever manager. Yet apparently we can very easily do much better.....

You're both doing it on purpose, dropping lovely delicious bait everywhere. I'm not biting! :Dlol

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

I definitely think Emery has unfinished business here like you say, I actually wouldn't be opposed to having him should Rodgers be relived of his duties, Like you say what he has done abroad with most teams is brilliant. 

Look what he has done with Villarreal, quite amazing really. 

would love to see them beat Liverpool. 

Emery was treated like s**t at Arsenal.

The players took the p**s out of him because his English was poor and the fans kept slagging him off while the board never backed him unlike the 200m they've given Arteta.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Emery was treated like s**t at Arsenal.

The players took the p**s out of him because his English was poor and the fans kept slagging him off while the board never backed him unlike the 200m they've given Arteta.

Yeah agree, like @Ric Flair said he gets rinsed simply cause he can't say good evening properly. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Emery would be the ideal successor, but think he'd be mad to come back to England. You'd imagine he'll be a good candidate for any top foreign jobs, maybe the big 3 in Italy.

He was absolutely abysmal at Arsenal and got played off the park twice by Brodge.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is all relative......!!!

Relatively better than O'Neil?

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was absolutely abysmal at Arsenal and got played off the park twice by Brodge.

He wasn't absolutely abysmal at all, he matched Wenger's league position and got to a European final. He didn't push them forward but he had a lot off issues off the pitch to sort out, received absolute pelters for freezing out Ozil in the squad which hindsight proved him to be absolutely spot on

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

He wasn't absolutely abysmal at all, he matched Wenger's league position and got to a European final. He didn't push them forward but he had a lot off issues off the pitch to sort out, received absolute pelters for freezing out Ozil in the squad which hindsight proved him to be absolutely spot on

He matched once and then went on a downward spiral. Rodgers is getting pelters for a 'downward spiral'.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Doesn't mean we will get the right one.

People seem to think hiring a new manager guarantees success, there is as much risk in finding a new manager as there is as keeping Rodgers.

Man U have plenty of money, they have gone though Moyes, Van Gaal, Jose, Ole, Rangnick.

I think we needed a reset, but for me that BR having less control on Transfers and Medical and just focusing on being a good coach. 

There are candidates out there but every few with some knowledge of the division. I don’t think we are currently in the position to gamble on a ‘prospect manager’. 

Surprised Galtier comes up again cos he could well be sacked this summer. 2nd biggest budget by far in France but won’t qualify for the Champions League 

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

He matched once and then went on a downward spiral. Rodgers is getting pelters for a 'downward spiral'.

Think you're on the wrong end of the stick here pal, I'm not Rodgers out I've calmed down from Forest. But he is the ideal replacement if/when Rodgers leaves 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Think you're on the wrong end of the stick here pal, I'm not Rodgers out I've calmed down from Forest. But he is the ideal replacement if/when Rodgers leaves 

If our fans didn't take to Puel there's no chance they'll take to him.