Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

In terms of better managers in the league, what Moyes has done with West Ham taking them from relegation candidates to Europe (potentially twice in a row) and to a Europa league semi final I would say is equally as impressive as what Rodgers has done here. Yes Rodgers has won the FA cup but before Moyes came in we were able to roll out our B squad against west ham and still comfortably beat them, now he's somehow turned a side with a converted fullback/winger as a striker and a backline containing craig dawson into genuine contenders in Europe. 

I agree equally as impressive. Important to note West ham have a bigger budget than us though. I think over the years he's been a great manager, whether he's better than Brendan would very much be up for debate IMO.

I wish we'd got Moyes instead of Taylor, which we could have done at the time.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree equally as impressive. Important to note West ham have a bigger budget than us though. I think over the years he's been a great manager, whether he's better than Brendan would very much be up for debate IMO.

I wish we'd got Moyes instead of Taylor, which we could have done at the time.

Moyes and Rodgers are in the same bracket....... probably not "quite" glamourous or good enough for the true elite clubs, but tend to overachieve at the level just below that. 

Poch probably in the same bracket. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
42 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

I was dissapointed in the lacklustre approch to the last 3 league games and win or lose, would have prefered more ambition. Not suggesting a strict A and B team over this period, things are more subtle, but we effectively threw those last 3 away and I would have been happier giving it a good go with Hamza, Perez and Co and having fresher players today-

I've been disappointed too but I've given them the benefit of the doubt for a few reasons:

- We've already played over 50 games with a depleted squad this year, meaning some players are properly burnt out.

- We've played 4 games in 13 days, after a big win in Europe.

- Our signings have been really poor and some of that is Rodgers fault, some of it isn't.

I don't agree we've thrown them away, I think it's a side who are knackered. Personally, aside from Europe I can't wait for the season to be over.

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not unreal at all, that's fair enough and I agree. 

However, and this is nothing personal, but it's hard to take some of your points throughout the thread serious when you look at that top statement that I've quoted from yourself. 

The previous poster said that some people were hinting at everything being brendan's fault (...no.....) - so I was being sarcastic... yet trying to hightlight why some of us think there is enough to suggest that he is not taking us in the right direction.

On 27/04/2022 at 15:20, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yes and we were about to get relegated and hadn't scored in 5 games. I don't know if you knew that.

Claudio won the league title with a fraction of the transfer and wage budget.

It fell apart after he lost the player he built everything around, but to me he's our best manager, probably followed by MON.

• Like 1

Just now, Tanya said:

I thought the subs he brought on were fantastic. He deserves criticism when he gets it wrong but thought the team we ended with took advantage of a tired Roma side. 

Yes, nice to see attacking players coming on not the defensive ones we are used to. If only he'd do it when we are 1 up and on top. 

5 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I thought the subs he brought on were fantastic. He deserves criticism when he gets it wrong but thought the team we ended with took advantage of a tired Roma side. 

Should of brought nacho or Daka right at the start of the second half. Like he did against psv. Play 2 up front and gone for it. Feel like he was being cautious instead of going for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

Thought he could have been braver tbh. He made like for like changes with two players that were never going to see the 90 out. We really should have gone to two up top against a team that didn't want to attack us.

We got away with it in Eindhoven due to being the superior team, will be shocked if we get away with it in Rome.

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

I tend to agree. 

But we played with one arm tied behind our back by playing Marc, who just isn't inventive enough for anything other than being a reliable understudy. 

On another note, Hallelujah to see JJ playing near to his old self. The enforced switch to left back did him the world of good. He's been struggling at RB.

• Like 1