Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I tend to agree. 

But we played with one arm tied behind our back by playing Marc, who just isn't inventive enough for anything other than being a reliable understudy. 

On another note, Hallelujah to see JJ playing near to his old self. The enforced switch to left back did him the world of good. He's been struggling at RB.

...it is funny how circumstances forces Rodgers, to do the thing that people have been calling out for him to do, but he fails to see the opportunity!!!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is funny how circumstances forces Rodgers, to do the thing that people have been calling out for him to do, but he fails to see the opportunity!!!

Maybe because Castagne has been playing out of his skin since he returned to the team, easily the best option at Left Back we have.

• Like 1

Yeah I feel like the combination of Castagne left and Justin right is the wrong way round, although I said this against Brentford before Castagne goes and scores that lol but as a general rule I think that's the case.

Castagne's the savviest defensively of the three so I'd imagine he'll keep him on the other side to Albrighton for balance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmm I don't agree. If he picks Justin and Castagne together then it's clear Justin's best position is on the left and Castagne is at his best on the right, a no brainer. I do see why he's gone Castagne and Ricardo though in the key games in which case Castagne is better on the left than Ricardo.

When he's recently played Justin and Castagne though they should have swapped. Justin had his best game for us in weeks last night.

I think it's because he has shared RB duties between Riccy P and Justin, more then likely thinks it a bit much to ask Castange to swap to LB when Riccy P plays and back to RB when Justin plays. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Maybe because Castagne has been playing out of his skin since he returned to the team, easily the best option at Left Back we have.

All a matter of opinion I suppose. Being an international he's certainly the most experienced but I don't think he's the best option there, he's a makeshift left back at best, in fact when he came off, for me, he was having a poor game and was quite exposed. JJ was a vast improvement I thought. I think I'd sooner have Thomas there also as he's more natural albeit inferior experience wise. Castagne however, wherever he plays, always gives of his best. I just hope he's alright. 

• Like 2

On 29/04/2022 at 00:15, sacreblueits442 said:

These posts about Brendan being forced to do what the fans knew all along are bizarre. They're purely based on the misconception all fans think in the same way (as if that could even be measured) and the irrational belief that the poster knows the detailed plans and ideas within the club.

They're purely designed to create an imagine of Brendan to reinforce the irrational despising felt.

And the taxi for Rodgers posts... Must be under the influence.

Edited by LaCiudad
  • Like 4

Just now, Dames said:

Don’t trust him to ‘rebuild’ in the summer. A team that is even more in his image terrifies me. I’ve never known a Leicester team to be so physically and mentally weak. 

Come on, have a day off and maybe smile

• Like 2

On 25/04/2022 at 10:28, lcfceaves said:

I understand everyone's argument about what we have achieved on paper, under Rodgers, we have had 2x 5th place finishes, won the FA Cup for the first time in our history. Those first 3-4 months of both seasons, we played some of the best football I have seen... I just wonder why that isn't happening anymore. 

Now I can only speak on behalf of myself, I don't know what everyone else's motives are for disliking Rodgers, it may be that they have their head in the clouds and think we are going to be challenging top 4 every season. My issue isn't with that, I know our level, and to be honest, where we are in the league right now, with the amount of injuries we have had to key players, I think 9th-10th is about right...

My issue with him and this style / philosophy, is the obsession with possession and thinking that more possession, means you are the better team / manager (which he clearly believes as you hear it nearly every week in the aftermath). 

To sum up what we have become, we just played a team at home, who had lost 4 on the bounce, are below us in the league, yet we finished the game with more possession (64%) and yet lower xG (think it was 0.26). Villa's was 0.8 something. From memory (although I soon erased most of it) our best chance, and most our xG probably came from 2 Maddison free kicks...  

Just utterly boring, non-penetrative football. This was the reason I wanted Puel out. Puel on paper, again, probably had us where most would expect us to be 8th-10th. But the football was dreadful.  

There is obviously a lot else that is wrong, the conceding free headers week in, week out, at set plays, the high amount of goals we concede within the last 10 minutes of games, the persistent injuries. But for me, above all that, it is the snooze fest of a game we have seen a lot in the domestic games because of the obsession with possession. Thinking we are going into next season with him doesn't get the 'juices flowing'... 

As I said, won’t discredit what he has done here, but I can’t watch anymore of this next season. You know what’s coming, it’s depressing before we’ve even kicked off. 

Rodgers Out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

As I said, won’t discredit what he has done here, but I can’t watch anymore of this next season. You know what’s coming, it’s depressing before we’ve even kicked off. 

Rodgers Out

Forest are coming up soon, you can watch them, don’t worry.  :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Rodgers Out

Piss off and support someone else then

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Aleksz said:

Over 60% possession in all three games this week. 1 goal. Not good enough. 

Horrifying stat. 

We look fookin awful going forward, like actually fooking awful, it's embarrassing.