Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, lcfceaves said:

Nice 😂 

Guys whatever you do, don’t have an opinion, your against the whole club and everything it stands for if you do 

Have an opinion, talk about it, but if you’ve had enough and only want to watch us in the good times then piss off and watch Man City or Liverpool

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Over 60% possession in all three games this week at the time of writing. 1 goal. Not good enough. 

In two of those games, we managed only 5 shots or less too and conceded more shots on our goal. (Going into injury time, obviously we decided to shoot in injury time , when 3-0 down)

We regularly play keep ball, rather than try to create anything

Edited by beepee1984
We Scored
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Why do Rodgers supporters get so aggressive ? Not all but quite a few. 

It’s not getting aggressive, I’ll happily debate the pros and cons all day, but when a poster says it’s not to their liking and they dont want to watch any more they can piss off and watch a club who is perfect every week.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

It’s not getting aggressive, I’ll happily debate the pros and cons all day, but when a poster says it’s not to their liking and they dont want to watch any more they can piss off and watch a club who is perfect every week.

I think you are overreacting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I still watch it, I just don’t want to or look forward to it 😂 you need to calm down 

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Nobody is asking for perfect every week are they? Something a step above abject shite would be nice. Not rocket science is it. If you think the football we've played this seasons has even been close to OK then you're nuts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t think he was saying that at all. Just an observation. 

Yep and he hasn’t bothered reading my original post. 
Never got aggressive about it, just don’t like what I’ve been watching which I believe in a forum you’re allowed to express … 

• Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Nobody is asking for perfect every week are they? Something a step above abject shite would be nice. Not rocket science is it. If you think the football we've played this seasons has even been close to OK then you're nuts.

So slow to attack spurs had 11 men behind the ball as we pass side to side, yet spurs gallop into space with about 3 defenders to beat inside our half when they attack 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You really come across as a prat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

Rodgers apologiststhis-is.gif

No the Rodgers Fan Club would be like "This is Great, saves on heating bills"

Disclaimer - I get frustrated by BR and the same issues being repeated so often, but I'm not living in a "BR out" camp either

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Surely you don't think that? As in you're content with the way we've played this season, injuries or not. For as much as we've suffered with injuries and tons of bad decisions from officials, we're incredibly lucky to be where we are in the league as well.

I've always been ambivalent towards Rodgers.  I think he is a good manager/coach with his flaws, but he's not at the level he and his ego believe.   I'm not fully convinced he is the man to rebuild us during the summer, if that is what we need.  I'm still a little bit confused by this rebuild though, it was Rodgers who wanted to keep the squad together and not sell anyone!  If you would have said to me a couple of years ago we need a rebuild, I would have laughed, so I'm not sure if it is Rodgers mismanagement or just a natural cycle, or both.

• Like 1

Fairly predictable result and performance. I know a lot of players were out but regardless the squad is coached to play a particular way. Watching us at the moment is a bit like paying to watch the training drill where bibs v shirts try to retain possession within a square of cones. It’s actually anti-football in terms of what the game should be about and trying to rouse the fans. Can’t say I feel particularly enthused about going to a game recently. Hope we sort this out for next season. 

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Telling people to P - Off, when they say the slightest thing about BR, isn't a debate.

I don't know what a Rodgers apologist is.

I don't like the boring possession based football we play, and I miss when we played slick, fast one touch football for the first two seasons under Rodgers.  His decision to play 4 3 3 and often have Madders out of position and have us mindlessly passing or putting in tepid crosses deserves criticism. Brendan has to fix this and if this continues into next season his position may be under threat. It's not good enough. We have enough players back but barely made a dent against teams lower than us in the table. 

But honestly.

Sacking him this season when we have won the FA Club, finished 5th twice and this season reached a European semi final is the height of short sightedness and petulance.  So if that makes me a Rodgers apologists in some people's eyes, so be it. 

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 2