Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Rodgers will surely be done if we lose on Thursday anyway, I'm not sure what the point of keeping him would be after that.

I can't with this. I honestly can't.  Imagine wanting our second most successful manager out after one poor season. I truly can't fathom the collective tantrum.

Edited by Tanya

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

Another successful afternoon for Brendans philosophy.

success.jpg

This is the sort of thing I am alluding to. You know what’s coming week in week out. It has to be the tactical plan, unfortunately the ‘second team’ aren’t anywhere near good enough. 
And the supposed first team don’t seem to be firing on all cylinders either, so really don’t know why we just stick to this same style when results have been so mixed - performances lacking any excitement / creativity 

I honestly feel like I need a break from foxestalk as some of the things some of you say is mind blowing not to mention the rudeness.  A forum is all about debate and discussion but some of you take it too far. We all get upset after a loss and emotions are involved but for goodness sake 😕 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

No he doesn't. 

It's funny when people say they're done with the club. They're not. It's just the emotion talking. You've got fans talking about not watching us next season. They can do one to be fair. Hardly a 'supporter' are they? 

Bizarre comment to make, saying they won't watch next season just because this season has not gone to plan. Utter shite. 

My comment had nothing to do with fans not watching us next season. It was about him responding aggressively and trying to act like the tough guy. Anyone doing that on an Internet forum is a prat in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Don’t forget the two seasons in a row where we bottled 4th when it was harder not too. 

No doubt he’s our second best ever manager on paper but we’ve had our best ever squad on paper and unless he wins the conference league it will always feel like ‘what could have been’. I personally don’t think he’s managed to get the absolute best out of this team, in patches he has but its not been sustained. 

Then may I would suggest we need a narrow scrape with relegation to foster the same spirit that managed to win us the league?

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

I honestly feel like I need a break from foxestalk as some of the things some of you say is mind blowing not to mention the rudeness.  A forum is all about debate and discussion but some of you take it too far. We all get upset after a loss and emotions are involved but for goodness sake 😕 

It can be a very toxic place. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Nobody can hand on heart say they enjoy watching us play.

This was really what I was trying to articulate but it’s been taken way out of context 😂 

It just isn’t that fun, and thinking ahead to next season, unless we end up having a mass overhaul, I don’t see it really changing. 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nobody can hand on heart say they enjoy watching us play.

I think this is the point for me

Apart from a few flashes of real intensity and quality from this squad, we’ve been subjected in the main to a lot of dross for a very long time

I don’t enjoy how we play anymore

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

It's not short sighted at all though. It's been a downward trend for 18 months (generally speaking) and he makes the same mistakes over and over again whilst refusing to ever deviate from his philosophy. That European semi final is after he failed abjectly in the original European competition we were in, you know, the one we were (justifiably) joint favourites to win so any success in that is just salvaging from another failure.

Anyone who will tell you that he's not a good manager and has done a very good job here is talking rubbish. But equally, anyone who can sit there and say that they don't have major reservations about him taking us forward is choosing ignorance.

I think 90% of fans probably sit in the category that is accepting of a job well done with some fantastic moments but real concern for the future, but may still fall either side on whether he should stay or go. If you're outside of that thinking he's done a terrible job and is awful or that he should definitely stay and shouldn't be under pressure, it's safe to say that your opinion isn't based on any slither of logic of reason.

Spot on. People still thinking the FA Cup win absolves him is madness but to quote the two 5th place finished as a job well done when we clearly should have finished 4th on both occasions is utter, utter madness imo. It was literally harder both years to finish 5th than 4th in those final run-ins. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I think this is the point for me

Apart from a few flashes of real intensity and quality from this squad, we’ve been subjected in the main to a lot of dross for a very long time

I don’t enjoy how we play anymore

We must change immediately then, can't have you not enjoying it.

We're in a cost of living crisis and people are having to choose whether or not to attend regularly. Prices are likely to rise at matches. 

There's going to be a lot more scrutiny on the level of entertainment served up. I think many on the back of this drab season will be making decisions or demanding more for their time and money.

Rodgers has to provide more.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Spot on. People still thinking the FA Cup win absolves him is madness but to quote the two 5th place finished as a job well done when we clearly should have finished 4th on both occasions is utter, utter madness imo. It was literally harder both years to finish 5th than 4th in those final run-ins. 

Yet Tielemans who quite literally won us that game gets pelters every week on here

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Yes but this very now thinking, over a 5 year period are we not on a good trajectory?

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Then may I would suggest we need a narrow scrape with relegation to foster the same spirit that managed to win us the league?

If an FA cup win cannot galvanise a team to beat a horrendous Spurs side to qualify for the Champions League I dread to think what a scrape with relegation would do to this lot. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I can't with this. I honestly can't.  Imagine wanting our second most successful manager out after one poor season. I truly can't fathom the collective tantrum.

Context though,

Second most successful manager with the greatest tools at his disposal.

Players 

Funds 

Wages

Training ground.

When the club spent 10m a year on a manager, expectations increased.

Personally I'm on the fence at the moment, 

See how the season pans out and what players want to move on under Rodgers.

Despite the league finish, you would expect players want to stick around and flourish under such an esteemed coach with 2nd most expensive training facilities in the league.

• Like 2

Just now, Dames said:

If an FA cup win cannot galvanise a team to beat a horrendous Spurs side to qualify for the Champions League I dread to think what a scrape with relegation would do to this lot. 

Who knows? Thought you were talking about this game for a minute! Yes, you would have hoped it would have pushed us on, but somehow it did not.