Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

We're in a cost of living crisis and people are having to choose whether or not to attend regularly. Prices are likely to rise at matches. 

There's going to be a lot more scrutiny on the level of entertainment served up. I think many on the back of this drab season will be making decisions or demanding more for their time and money.

Rodgers has to provide more.

Yeah. We will not sell 40k home tickets to watch this every fortnight.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Looks like it's starting to head downwards again to me I'm afraid.

Euro semi (albeit the auto glass one) and I think the loss of 4th twice in a row still leaves a scar, but personally, it still feels optimistic. Another season like this, may feel different.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Euro semi (albeit the auto glass one) and I think the loss of 4th twice in a row still leaves a scar, but personally, it still feels optimistic. Another season like this, may feel different.

Not directed at you because I agree with some of what you say but the acceptance of the performances this season are a worry for me. How far are we going to let the standards drop? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Not directed at you because I agree with some of what you say but the acceptance of the performances this season are a worry for me. How far are we going to let the standards drop? 

I think the acceptance is because we are gauging performance of our 2nd string which is mid table quality and not our starting 11 which is top 6 quality.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NasPb said:

His lack of ability to fix the defence is very worrying. Basic stuff we're currently conceding. Too bloody stubborn for his own good our good 

Was there a special Rodgers window outside of summer and winter windows?

27 minutes ago, Corky said:

The away record this season is disgusting. 

No buzz around the club at all.

We’re on a downward spiral. We’re not winning the Euro Conference cup. The whole season has been a miserable affair. We need a major shake up and I don’t think Todgers is up to it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Really? We played the second team, for obvious reasons and you're using the fact we didn't win as a stick to beat Rodgers with? You've got to be desperate for validation to try that. 

Its not the result, its the manner of the performance. Our second team had 60% possession against top 4 chasing Spurs but did nothing with it. How many other teams second strings would see that much of the ball against Spurs? None. The only reason we had so much of the ball is because we’ve been sussed out. 

There needs to be a new approach to games because we are becoming very easy to play against. 

Edit - not to mention this was against Spurs first team at their own ground.. 

Edited by Dames
  • Like 4

I don't think today was too bad really. We had a pretty good first half with the exception of some individual errors. Second goal was too soft but that was our undoing really, we were never getting anything out of it after that.

What I will say though, is that Brendan having us playing some of the best football most of us will have ever witnessed at the City is actually part of his problem.

When you know what potential is there, it makes it all the more difficult to stomach the predictable shite we have been watching all too often this season.

• Like 1

Just now, ajthefox said:

I don't think today was too bad really. We had a pretty good first half with the exception of some individual errors. Second goal was too soft but that was our undoing really, we were never getting anything out of it after that.

What I will say though, is that Brendan having us playing some of the best football most of us will have ever witnessed at the City is actually part of his problem.

When you know what potential is there, it makes it all the more difficult to stomach the predictable shite we have been watching all too often this season.

First half I was pretty pleased, but I hate seeing players not going in for challenges… we were pathetic really, and that isn’t good enough 

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its not the result, its the manner of the performance. Our second team had 60% possession against top 4 chasing Spurs but did nothing with it. How many other teams second strings would see that much of the ball against Spurs? None. The only reason we had so much of the ball is because we’ve been sussed out. 

There needs to be a new approach to games because we are becoming very easy to play against. 

Edit - not to mention this was against Spurs first team at their own ground.. 

I dont think we'd have conceded the first 2 goals at least if Fofana and Evans had played. Once they'd gone  ahead they could sit back and contain us. 

Better players get better results, it's no secret. 

Our signings not working out is what's worrying me, I'm hoping Rodgers has a plan of how he wants to play, and signs first 11 players to make us better. We don't improve, players like maddison, dewsbury-hall and fofana are going to want to move on.

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not sure that’s a question I can or should answer tbh. Not trying to chicken out, but I am happy with Top to make this choice, and he is highly unlikely to make a decision this season whilst we have won the Community Shield and are in our first Euro semi-final. However, should achievements decrease and our direction of travel falter, I have no doubt he will as he has a far more holistic view on how are doing club progressing.

Could it be more entertaining? Sure could, but there has to be a balancing act between gung ho, balls to wall, charging forward as I honestly believe the football we played in the title season would see us relegated in the last few seasons.
That is one of the many reasons that season was so spectacularly special.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Better players get better results, it's no secret. 

The game would have likely gone the same way, the system doesn't allow better players to thrive as our results of late show. We play like robots in possession that have a specific routine they must stick to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

The game would have likely gone the same way, the system doesn't allow better players to thrive as our results of late show. We play like robots in possession that have a specific routine they must stick to.

Which seems to be pass left pass right. Don't shoot under any circumstances. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mark said:

The game would have likely gone the same way, the system doesn't allow better players to thrive. We play like robots and have a specific routine they must stick to.

We wouldn't have conceded 3 goals though. 

Also, let's be honest, we were playing a team chasing a champions league place at their place, that's not a gimme for any team. 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Which seems to be pass left pass right. Don't shoot under any circumstances. 

Remind me how we scored our goal today. 

Not negating anything else that went wrong in the game, but your 'don't shoot' comment doesn't really work lol

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure that’s a question I can or should answer tbh. Not trying to chicken out, but I am happy with Top to make this choice, and he is highly unlikely to make a decision this season whilst we have won the Community Shield and are in our first Euro semi-final. However, should achievements decrease and our direction of travel falter, I have no doubt he will as he has a far more holistic view on how are doing club progressing.

Could it be more entertaining? Sure could, but there has to be a balancing act between gung ho, balls to wall, charging forward as I honestly believe the football we played in the title season would see us relegated in the last few seasons.
That is one of the many reasons that season was so spectacularly special.

Oh yeah 100% we can't just go gung ho. My worry is that we only have one style under brendan and for the large part it just doesn't work or even make us competitive. The only time we look decent is when we aren't pressed 

• Like 1