Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

The game would have likely gone the same way, the system doesn't allow better players to thrive as our results of late show. We play like robots in possession that have a specific routine they must stick to.

This is constantly brought out that we play slow ponderous side to side Rodgers ball but every interview from either a player or himself it is mentioned we didn’t move the ball quick enough, we didn’t show enough aggression, we didn’t show enough courage.

We can see him on the side getting them to push up, we can often hear him shouting get the ball to Barnsy, he and they don’t want to be ponderous but you realise there is another team on the pitch trying to stop us and trying to score also?

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We wouldn't have conceded 3 goals though. 

Also, let's be honest, we were playing a team chasing a champions league place at their place, that's not a gimme for any team. 

Its not a gimme for any team but back to my original point, who elses second string would go away to Spurs in these circumstances and have 61% of possession? Liverpool and Man City?

We are not of the quality of Liverpool or Man City so what it shows is that our style needs to change because we are easy to play against and negate tactically. 

I don’t care who’s in charge it just needs to change because its now at the point of diminishing returns. If we approach the next season the same way it will be even worse. The negative against the current manager is that he’s shown massive reluctance to deviate from his style for more than a game or two. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We wouldn't have conceded 3 goals though. 

Also, let's be honest, we were playing a team chasing a champions league place at their place, that's not a gimme for any team. 

The roles were reversed last season and they battered us lol 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah 100% we can't just go gung ho. My worry is that we only have one style under brendan and for the large part it just doesn't work or even make us competitive. The only time we look decent is when we aren't pressed 

Get what you mean, we can see ponderous whilst we move around the back 4 for what seems like ages. 
I do to some degree understand why we do this, and not just us , but it is irritating after a while.

• Like 1

I think we all need a summer break after a pretty relentless 2 years. Go all out for Europa Conference, league games id like to see him introduce some of the youngsters we have.

Big concern for me is how threatening we are going to be up front next season if you assume Vardy may start to slow down further. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I dont think we'd have conceded the first 2 goals at least if Fofana and Evans had played. Once they'd gone  ahead they could sit back and contain us. 

Better players get better results, it's no secret. 

Can I ask do you or anyone else for that matter feel it’s fair to now expect ECL success ? 

I would never expect as a LCFC fan to win a trophy as bare minimum for a season. However, this season I think it’s ok to expect that. The manager has thrown league games this year to prepare for that competition. Whether it be today, Villa, Newcastle or even Everton. All winnable games but we’ve not shown up. We can add the Arsenal game to that. Considering the coaching inabilities and shortcomings this year, I class anything less then picking up the ECL to be managerial failure. I never thought I’d say that but he has let himself down too many this year.

live by your sword.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Remind me how we scored our goal today. 

Not negating anything else that went wrong in the game, but your 'don't shoot' comment doesn't really work lol

I think you're being a bit too literal Stan.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Can I ask do you or anyone else for that matter feel it’s fair to now expect ECL success ? 

I would never expect as a LCFC fan to win a trophy as bare minimum for a season. However, this season I think it’s ok to expect that. The manager has thrown league games this year to prepare for that competition. Whether it be today, Villa, Newcastle or even Everton. All winnable games but we’ve not shown up. We can add the Arsenal game to that. Considering the coaching inabilities and shortcomings this year, I class anything less then picking up the ECL to be managerial failure. I never thought I’d say that but he has let himself down too many this year.

live by your sword.

You can't expect to win a trophy but you should expect to make your chances as good as possible. Resting players improves our chances. Unfortunately for us the opposition also want to win so you can't guarantee it'll work. 

We all knew he was going to do this before the match, it was mentioned by lots of people on here many times. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I think you're being a bit too literal Stan.

You're not wrong. 

Agreed we don't create enough and do look afraid to shoot on occasion to be honest. 

Games like today do show how good Maddison is and how creative he can be for us today, both setting up goals or shooting from distance. 

I just don't think any side has a don't shoot under any circumstances policy lol

49 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its not the result, its the manner of the performance. Our second team had 60% possession against top 4 chasing Spurs but did nothing with it. How many other teams second strings would see that much of the ball against Spurs? None. The only reason we had so much of the ball is because we’ve been sussed out. 

There needs to be a new approach to games because we are becoming very easy to play against. 

Edit - not to mention this was against Spurs first team at their own ground.. 

I agree but especially in the second half. First half we bossed it. Second half was pathetic 

When we have our best 11 out, I enjoy watching us play and think we’re a top 6 side. Injuries scuppered us being able to do that for a lot of this season, but now Rogers had almost a fully fit squad, he continues to rotate so we rarely see our strongest side. 

I’m appalled at the way he has seemingly tossed off a lot of Premier League games this season by making up to 8 changes. No other club do it 

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You can't expect to win a trophy but you should expect to make your chances as good as possible. Resting players improves our chances. Unfortunately for us the opposition also want to win so you can't guarantee it'll work. 

We all knew he was going to do this before the match, it was mentioned by lots of people on here many times. 

I’m not criticising Brendan for resting players for this particular game. However, I think it’s fair game where we are in the league and the manner of our general performance this year to expect some sort of expectation. 

We’ve let ourselves down considerably in the league. 6 games ago we were still within a shout (especially so given the way others have perform) to aim for a top 6/7 finish. Our squad is good enough to compete in two competitions. 

I want a fresh start. I’m disappointed in the players and manager this season. With exception of Maddison, Fofana and Vardy because he is Vardy, I wouldn’t mind seeing any players leave. 

With the manager, I think there are too many shortcomings - I think we’d develop better with someone else. 

The only way I’d be happy to start next season now with Brendan is with a trophy. I know it’s not usual or expected as a Leicester fan but we’ve thrown this league season. I expect some sort of reason for that.

• Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

That really is dreadful. 

It is awful. Truly awful

I think City fans have such a fear of us replacing Rodgers with a complete duffer that a lot of us are just not prepared to even contemplate it

But the reality is that the football we have been playing for a long time is not much good at all

He’s signed some poor players too

If another manager had signed Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez etc we’d have been on his back massively.

Rodgers really IS living on past glories. And if we make the Euro conference final, he’ll continue to do so

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m not criticising Brendan for resting players for this particular game. However, I think it’s fair game where we are in the league and the manner of our general performance this year to expect some sort of expectation. 

We’ve let ourselves down considerably in the league. 6 games ago we were still within a shout (especially so given the way others have perform) to aim for a top 6/7 finish. Our squad is good enough to compete in two competitions. 

I want a fresh start. I’m disappointed in the players and manager this season. With exception of Maddison, Fofana and Vardy because he is Vardy, I wouldn’t mind seeing any players leave. 

With the manager, I think there are too many shortcomings - I think we’d develop better with someone else. 

The only way I’d be happy to start next season now with Brendan is with a trophy. I know it’s not usual or expected as a Leicester fan but we’ve thrown this league season. I expect some sort of reason for that.

Agree. The only way Rodgers can realistically keep his job now is by winning the Europa Conference League.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Agree. The only way Rodgers can realistically keep his job now is by winning the Europa Conference League.

Completely disagree

I think Rodgers is pretty much untouchable at the club and will stay regardless. I think the fans will turn on him, particularly if we then continue to fook up the league campaign. But I think he’s in the pocket of the Thais 
Never a healthy situation 

Edited by Col city fan

4 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

When we lose to Roma I genuinely think he will be gone and we’ll end up with some other Duche. 🤣

• Like 1