Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Remind me how we scored our goal today. 

Not negating anything else that went wrong in the game, but your 'don't shoot' comment doesn't really work lol

Because we just don't really create anything. It's keep the ball at all costs and we spend 98% of our possession passing left to right. We are boring. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Think I we lose to psv he's gone honestly can't see a team built by him and his ways 

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

If he loses a game we've already won then questions have to be asked.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I am an apologist apparently but I do feel you are being a bit hasty here. ….

Have a look at the team mentioned ;)

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Remind me how we scored our goal today. 

Not negating anything else that went wrong in the game, but your 'don't shoot' comment doesn't really work lol

Kevin Nolan also said they were under strict instructions not to shoot outside the box under big Sam at Bolton. Doesn't mean they didn't :ph34r: (I'm not saying brendan is saying dont shoot btw) we just don't try anything creative. 

Anyone think the club are going to sack him if we lose Thursday are deluded.

Not a chance, we will finish in the top 10th.

We have finished 5th twice, FA Cup win, League Cup SF, ECL SF and two QFs.

Yes we have been pretty poor, but they aren't going to make a change, unless they feel they can bring in almost certain improvement.

West Ham are having the same issue with focusing on European football, if the results stays the same, it's 1 win in 6.

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Anyone think the club are going to sack him if we lose Thursday are deluded.

Not a chance, we will finish in the top 10th.

We have finished 5th twice, FA Cup win, League Cup SF, ECL SF and two QFs.

Yes we have been pretty poor, but they aren't going to make a change, unless they feel they can bring in almost certain improvement.

West Ham are having the same issue with focusing on European football, if the results stays the same, it's 1 win in 6.

This is 18 months of form though. Not one 'focus on Europe' season 

Guest ttfn
5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

If he loses a game we've already won then questions have to be asked.

Didn’t that already happen when we played spurs at home?

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It is awful. Truly awful

I think City fans have such a fear of us replacing Rodgers with a complete duffer that a lot of us are just not prepared to even contemplate it

But the reality is that the football we have been playing for a long time is not much good at all

He’s signed some poor players too

If another manager had signed Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez etc we’d have been on his back massively.

Rodgers really IS living on past glories. And if we make the Euro conference final, he’ll continue to do so

Past glories is bit of a stretch. 

Two high place finishes and a cup win - I think most rational thinking people would expect a club to give that manager at least a seasons grace’s.

The perception of expectation if a manager at a club of Leicester’s standing was sacked in those circumstances wouldnt be a great look. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So how may point have we taken in the PL in the last 18 months?

I don't know of the top of my head but I think you'd be surprised at how low the total is. I think in the run in of last season our form had is down near the relegation zone. 

37 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So how may point have we taken in the PL in the last 18 months?

Its not quite 18 months but add the last 5 games of last season to the 33 of this season we’ve taken 46 points in a calendar year which is a 20 point drop off. Its not good enough for what we are paying our manager. 

18 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

I don't know of the top of my head but I think you'd be surprised at how low the total is. I think in the run in of last season our form had is down near the relegation zone. 

We finished 2020 on 29 points after 16 games

Since then we have taken 79 points in 55 league games -  1.43 ppg - 54 points in a 38 game season

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

As frustrating as it sometimes is, Rodgers' position is nowhere near under threat. I'm not itk but if I was the CEO then I wouldn't be even contemplating it. He's maintaining our Premier League status whilst giving the club (and King Power) more exposure/status in Europe and beyond in trying circumstances. The last thing we need is the club having to fork out a severance package and recruit a replacement whilst the infrastructure is being expanded. Stability is king. 

Bingo - the club are quite aware of the perspective they received after sacking Ranieri (apparently by managers agents). They won’t get rid unless an emergency. 

• Like 2

I’m so torn as been in the Rodgers out camp for quite some time - I think the Forest game kept me firmly in that camp.

However, as others have mentioned he isn’t going anywhere as 1) the money, he’s simply too expensive to get rid of 2) The media backlash (rightly or wrongly) but Rodgers has spent years cozying up with them so doubt they’d write/say positive things on the situation.

With this in mind, I think I’d be more willing to get behind Rodgers if he also refreshed his coaching staff, would love to see a Joe Jordan aka no nonsense, ex pro coach involved.

I don’t know why but that Chris Davis screams brown nose and a yes man to me - completely unfounded claim just my gut feeling whenever I see him.

29 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

As frustrating as it sometimes is, Rodgers' position is nowhere near under threat. I'm not itk but if I was the CEO then I wouldn't be even contemplating it. He's maintaining our Premier League status whilst giving the club (and King Power) more exposure/status in Europe and beyond in trying circumstances. The last thing we need is the club having to fork out a severance package and recruit a replacement whilst the infrastructure is being expanded. Stability is king. 

It’s the perfect match for both sides. BR gets to wait until a top 4 job comes up and we more than likely maintain our status and might sneak a few euro tours/cup wins 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s the perfect match for both sides. BR gets to wait until a top 4 job comes up and we more than likely maintain our status and might sneak a few euro tours/cup wins 

A few top 4 jobs came up when he was doing really well with us and he was never in any real contention for them then. 

He certainly won’t be in the future either, that ship has sailed. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Players have bad seasons, i think Rodgers is having one as a manager. Doesn't mean I'd sack him, give him the summer to think about it.

It's pretty obvious the club know how to address our issues. A centre back who likes heading, a right winger who scores goals and another box to box midfielder and we'll be fine.

Won't have anywhere near the injuries without Europe either.