Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I’ll give him another season regardless, but I’m really worried about our summer signings, we’ve looked dreadful for most games for a long time. I won’t blame him for putting the ECL first, it’s what most of us wanted. 

Sometimes think being out of Europe for a season wouldn’t be such a bad thing, would allow us to regroup, be fresh in most games and allow us to get rid of a couple of unwanted squad players, as they wouldn’t be needed due to less games. 

If he does eventually go as well, at least the payout will probably be less, as we’ve had another season out of him. 

Trouble we have now is. Arsenal and Spurs are back, with good managers and top 5 finishes. West Ham are likely to be European finalists and have potential Champs League football. Newcastle will spend like Billy oh in the summer and price us out or even come for our players. Utd have a new manager who will no doubt have interest in at least 2 of our players.

It's the wrong time to be on a downward trajectory and with a massive need for a rebuild. The market is going to be too competitive in the summer particularly when the club are as poor in the talent identification stakes as they were last year. 

• Like 1

Rodgers had had a horrific list of injuries to deal with. Our first 11 can be very good but we have had little opportunity to play it this season. The loss of both Fofana and Evans has been massive. No team outside the big clubs can cope with their two best defenders by a distance being out. It can’t be underestimated. We have also been massively impacted by serious injuries to key players like Castagne, Maddison, Ricardo, JJ, Ndidi, Vardy. On top of that our two signings bought more for potential (Daka, Soumare) haven’t been a success to date and in general our back up players aren’t consistently good enough for a team aiming to disrupt the top 6. The market we are trading in, basically younger players or those below the top tier brings much more risk and we’ve been the wrong side of that risk recently! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

This is constantly brought out that we play slow ponderous side to side Rodgers ball but every interview from either a player or himself it is mentioned we didn’t move the ball quick enough, we didn’t show enough aggression, we didn’t show enough courage.

We can see him on the side getting them to push up, we can often hear him shouting get the ball to Barnsy, he and they don’t want to be ponderous but you realise there is another team on the pitch trying to stop us and trying to score also?

....it all comes down to not being brave enough on the ball!!!

We are not willing to take the ball under pressure and are weak in possession. We were a weakened team today, we expected no more than we got today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Rodgers had had a horrific list of injuries to deal with. Our first 11 can be very good but we have had little opportunity to play it this season. The loss of both Fofana and Evans has been massive. No team outside the big clubs can cope with their two best defenders by a distance being out. It can’t be underestimated. We have also been massively impacted by serious injuries to key players like Castagne, Maddison, Ricardo, JJ, Ndidi, Vardy. On top of that our two signings bought more for potential (Daka, Soumare) haven’t been a success to date and in general our back up players aren’t consistently good enough for a team aiming to disrupt the top 6. The market we are trading in, basically younger players or those below the top tier brings much more risk and we’ve been the wrong side of that risk recently! 

But the injuries, the lack of strength in depth and the recruitment…. these are all things Rodgers has big influence over and should be accountable for.

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Been said before the only way we’ll get rid is if we’re in a relegation battle. He’ll be here next season. 

Or a bigger club come in for him. Thats very unlikely though. 

Has to win the Conference League or he has to go. Its the same issues, over, and Iver again, regardless of personal in the side. Even if we win in Europe, I'm still not sold he's the right man. He's living off the goodwill of the FA cup this season. Our end to this year is exactly as the past 2 have gone 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

A theme of his career, I sound like a broken record at this point, but something is massively wrong with his training. Every single club he has managed has had multiple injury crisis that have dramatically affected the league finish, literally all of them. 
Any excuse regarding the injuries is of his own doing. He also has a track record of saying we need to integrate injured players slowly then wacking them on for 90 minutes for 4-5 games in a row and injuring them again. It's one of the things that piss me off the most about Rodgers when he whines about injuries. It's not a coincidence. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan

Unless our two ‘reserve’ CB’s (and our GK) are SO awful to stop set pieces going in (a definite possibility) OR Rodgers is simply showing he can’t sort this issue out.

Think about that…. How the Hell can a top class manager have not sorted out our frailty in defending corners after all these months??

He’s reputedly paid 10m a season and we STILL concede from all these corners

That’s just ridiculous tbh

It really is

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its not quite 18 months but add the last 5 games of last season to the 33 of this season we’ve taken 46 points in a calendar year which is a 20 point drop off. Its not good enough for what we are paying our manager. 

Not great I agree, but it about context, which is a injury crisis. 

If we had a fullyish team for that period I would be with you. 

One of the difference between bigger clubs and one like ourselves is they can held playing in multiple comps, we can't last year we had the FA Cup which became our focus, this year we have the ECL. 

We have play a 105 games since the start of last season by the end of the season that will be 110+, our squad has coped. 

Take a look at West Ham, no 1 win in 6.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

And bring in who? 

If we were to change I think that would be obvious 

The Brighton boss has got to be a good shout, though I’m not sure he’d come tbh

He’s got them playing ridiculously well 

5 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

And bring in who? 

Poch could be getting the sack at PSG, so he could be avaliable this summer. I know you may remind me that he's got the likes of Messi, Mbappe and Neymar and still can't win the champions league but in his defence, can you have too many big egos in one dressing and how much control of transfer does he get his say in at PSG.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you forget the part were they lost 6 league games on the bounce during a run of 2 wins out of 13.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The Brighton who were 3rd and dropped like a stone? Might aswell keep Brendan if that's the benchmark you want

The be all and end all is, if we look for a new manager, we'll be looking for someone with the same CV as Brendan....  So what's the point? Let him build