Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

The Brighton who were 3rd and dropped like a stone? Might aswell keep Brendan if that's the benchmark you want

The be all and end all is, if we look for a new manager, we'll be looking for someone with the same CV as Brendan....  So what's the point? Let him build

Yeah but look at their squad and ours and then compare the respective current league positions and style of football. 

53 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Trouble we have now is. Arsenal and Spurs are back, with good managers and top 5 finishes. West Ham are likely to be European finalists and have potential Champs League football. Newcastle will spend like Billy oh in the summer and price us out or even come for our players. Utd have a new manager who will no doubt have interest in at least 2 of our players.

It's the wrong time to be on a downward trajectory and with a massive need for a rebuild. The market is going to be too competitive in the summer particularly when the club are as poor in the talent identification stakes as they were last year. 

Spurs are back as what? 

Sorry but today showed just how average they are. They can have the manager and have the shouting coach but at the end of the day they hardly dominated our reserves. 

However I do think Rogers today should have been braver with his subs and the corner situation is beyond a joke now. 

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

So you want to go from 11th, to 9th? 

Crikey calm down those crazy ambitions! Heads in the ccloud stuff that lad! 

When did I say that? I said Potter has managed to get a much worse squad than ours to 9th. So if he had our players and Rodgers had theirs where would each team be? 

32 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Has to win the Conference League or he has to go. Its the same issues, over, and Iver again, regardless of personal in the side. Even if we win in Europe, I'm still not sold he's the right man. He's living off the goodwill of the FA cup this season. Our end to this year is exactly as the past 2 have gone 

Remember the quote from Brendan “my sides always finish the season stronger than we started”. Laughable based on his 3 full seasons as our manager. 

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

When did I say that? I said Potter has managed to get a much worse squad than ours to 9th. So if he had our players and Rodgers had theirs where would each team be? 

He also had a fully fit squad all season, which we haven't had the luxury of at any point this season. Let's see how good bright would be without 6 first team players for 3/4 of the season, they already dropped 6 positions with a full team and lost 6 on the bounce at one point.

But if you hate Brendan that much then that's your agenda. We are below where we should be but with a summer rework we'll be fine

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

He also had a fully fit squad all season, which we haven't had the luxury of at any point this season. Let's see how good bright would be without 6 first team players for 3/4 of the season, they already dropped 6 positions with a full team and lost 6 on the bounce at one point.

But if you hate Brendan that much then that's your agenda. We are below where we should be but with a summer rework we'll be fine

I don’t hate Brendan at all, I’m very balanced and have no agenda. On the contrary you seem to be unable to accept reasonable criticism on our current situation.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Also Potter seems to manage his teams fitness pretty well then if that is the case. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Steve Cooper....Arnie Slot or Diego Martinez if Brendan goes in the summer.

Young managers who have proved themselves playing successful football on a limited budget.

LOL!

Edited by Simoken

13 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Steve Cooper....Arnie Slot or Diego Martinez if Brendan goes in the summer.

Young managers who have proved themselves playing successful football on a limited budget.

Probably had a slim chance of someone like Slot, but I think he'll be off to a bigger club than us.

• Like 1

You can give him another season to manage, perspective is not that tragic in this case, but main concern is - can you let him "rebuild" team this summer?

new players we have did not adapt well. Daka and Soumare are yet far from being good PL players and i am not even going to mention other 2 defenders. Lookman is best "purchase" but still he is not consistent enough and he is not a right winger. 

I dont think club can take another disaster transfer window, we can become hard stuck bellow mid table team 

52 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it all comes down to not being brave enough on the ball!!!

We are not willing to take the ball under pressure and are weak in possession. We were a weakened team today, we expected no more than we got today.

But he says that so is that not on the players?

listen what gets me is that there is no rationale in the thinking, posters are saying we are not doing good enough and he is taking us one way…but what are they marking that on?
They are marking that against the 2x 5th place finishes right?..but what starting 11 got those 2x 5th place finishes.. bang… they are marking this season with our 2nd string against our 1st string, it’s chalk n cheese ffs the mere fact we know where we can be with our 1st string but “fans” would rather get rid despite being handcuffed this season just blows my mind…surely you see that? 

3 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

But he [Potter] also has had  fraction of the budget.. It's time, things have gone stale 6000 passes 60% possession 2 shots on target, same every week. Lose on Thursday and it's been a terrible season. I would love him to turn it around, but think it would be same shit just a different day..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozman said:

But he [Potter] also has had  fraction of the budget.. It's time, things have gone stale 6000 passes 60% possession 2 shots on target, same every week. Lose on Thursday and it's been a terrible season. I would love him to turn it around, but think it would be same shit just a different day..

So go and watch Brighton then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
37 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

So go and watch Brighton then

What a stupid thing to post 

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

. He also has a track record of saying we need to integrate injured players slowly then wacking them on for 90 minutes for 4-5 games in a row and injuring them again. It's one of the things that piss me off the most about Rodgers when he whines about injuries. It's not a coincidence. 

This perhaps used to be an issue. But when did it last happen? Has he not shown some level of patience recently? Vardy, Fofana, Evans, Castagne, Justin all coming back in last few months and didn't play 90 mins first up to my memory.