Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

He won us two trophies and one European semi final. No recent manager can match that. He has a rags to riches story much like our own. He found Fofana. With an injury free season he will win us more silverware. No club is bigger than their manager.

Lmao

Same old 60% plus of possession with no goal to show for it.

Same old conceding from a set piece.

Can anyone genuinely say why they think that’s going to change when it hasn’t thus far for so long?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

He won us two trophies and one European semi final. No recent manager can match that. He has a rags to riches story much like our own. He found Fofana. With an injury free season he will win us more silverware. No club is bigger than their manager.

We concede most games from corners. B a s i c.

Yeah well we have had injures all season, and its a young squad, and er the tea lady left (i presume). Cannot wait for a rinse and repeat next season interupted by some defensive England Southgate borefest, yay! 

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We have persistently faltered at key junctures under him, often limply. On top of that there's a borderline endless list of hilarious implosions and a complete lack of game awareness / management all too often. The FA Cup can't be taken away but that final increasingly looks the outlier and involved a one-in-a-million strike from Tielemans and save from Schmeichel.

Players have been run into the ground (which he has form for at previous clubs) and terribly managed on return from lay-offs, often meaning they're out for even longer. He's wasted a small fortune on absolute shite with his mate Congerton who we clearly didn't want sticking around. Several players have notably regressed and the style of football has fallen off a cliff, as has the speed. We are soft, slow, ponderous and terrible to watch. We create nothing. And it's never his fault. It's injuries, it's budgets, it's the age of the squad. He's a bloody coward who ducks accountability and this side are now in the mould of him.

He gets paid a king's ransom to manage an expensively assembled squad and he's not doing a good enough job to justify it at the moment. The set piece issue is the most glaring example of an outright failing that he simply can't address. 

We aren't at Taylor vs Wycombe levels but anyone ~30 and over will appreciate what this club feels like when it's on the slide. This season has been a joyless misery from start to finish and I don't see him turning it around. 

This is a huge, huge summer for the club and I don't want Rodgers anywhere near it. 

Only read the last 6 words but fully agree. Top poster and pleased to see you back. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Bore off!

You have to wonder what will change next season, if anything.

Will the set plays be addressed? Do we get back to a high pressing style and being the brave Leicester of old or remain obsessed by possession stats?

We're a good side but just have a manager who constantly plays with the safety catch on. 

• Like 4

Claude Aftv GIF - Claude AFTV Its Time To Go - Discover & Share GIFs

I can't see how he gets us back playing even semi-decent football now, any excitement has been completely drained out of these players.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the injury issues all season, but even with our best players back the football is monotonous, and the failure to rectify or even slightly improve the set piece issue is inexcusable.

An absolutely massive game for the club and we go out with a wimper and not even a performance we could even remotely be proud of.

I will be forever grateful to him for the trophies and getting us into a position to even play European football, but there comes a point where it just doesn't seem beneficial in really anyway to have him as manager going forward.

Mourinho was pestering the ref all game, encroaching, giving it some, while Brendan had his little notepad. Can you imagine Jose's reaction to the calls against us if they were at Roma?

Brendan just doesn't have that mentality and this has highlighted it. 

• Like 1