Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest ttfn

Put all his eggs in the ECL basket, failed when faced with the only side in the competition with a comparable budget to ours. All well and good scraping past teams with a budget 1/2 our size but if you want people to take your performance seriously then you’ve got to be doing more against sides with comparable resources.

Frankly I think it’s mad that anybody was willing to swallow that this was a competition that was somehow the making or breaking of Rodgers anyway given that he had no interest in competing in it until we were knocked out of a simple Europa League group. That he decided to sack off the league season with 10 games to go is testament to quite what a disaster this season has been.

Nobody’s opinion should be changing based on tonight, equally I am astonished that at this point people are still prepared to make excuses for him. The football is dull and ineffective. Since Evans and Fofana have come back we’ve won 1 out of 6 games.

1 minute ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Get him gone. No excuses for that pathetic performance whatsoever.

I don’t mind losing, but it’s how you lose… and that wasn’t it.

Yeah I agree. I honestly don't mind losing, but they have to have had a go. I always refer back to the 14/15 season. We lost a shed load of games but Niges teams always had a go. And that's all I ask, have a ****ing go. Lose trying to win rather than this lose trying to keep the ball bullshit we are getting at the minute. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Close this thread until tomorrow. Regardless of wether or not you rate him, nothing constructive is going to be said immediately after that game. Emotions are all over the shop. 

I kind of see where you’re coming from but it’s very, very simple.

Rodgers and his philosophy has run its course with us.

We have zero players breaking the lines, gone are quick one touch passes into space/triangles and replaced with turgid possession obsession with every player taking an additional touch.

Why go 2 up top and then not have Iheanacho make a CB worry about where he’s going? 

Could argue that Vardy was even more isolated in the second half, hindsight is a beautiful thing but imagine Daka and Vardy keeping their CB’s questioning what to do rather than constantly doubling up on Vardy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

My only concern is who the hell replaces him if we pull the trigger?

Tonight wasn't good enough, nowhere near. It was totally unacceptable.

I'd rather we got thumped 5-0 and had a go at them.

Just want a manager who will actually play a style of football that creates chances on goal. 

The fact that he'll be proud of this performance as we were inevitably going to lose away to Roma makes me sick.

That's not the point - we had to have more urgency at home and away and not pansy about with this possession based piss-artistry.

It’s boring watching us. There, I said it. I didn’t want my son to watch us today because I knew we may bore him to sleep and he’s at that age where all his mates tell him about Liverpool and Man City. It’s a shit philosophy and it’s over. It played its role and won us a trophy but it’s gone. 

PLUS WE CANT DEFEND CORNERS. WE CANT SCORE FROM CORNERS. FOR 12 ****ING MONTHS!! What’s he going to sort that he hasn’t sorted yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Close this thread until tomorrow. Regardless of wether or not you rate him, nothing constructive is going to be said immediately after that game. Emotions are all over the shop. 

That’s the point. People should remember how they feel now. Let down, ripped off, frustrated, bored, angry, hating football. That is the conclusion. That’s why he has to go.

Football should be enjoyable than it is with a Brendan Rodgers team. Since the end of 2019 the team have been mostly desperate to watch and difficult to respect.

The most likely scenario is that people forget how upset they are right now and let Brendan convince them it’s ok. Then in the next match they’ll remember. And the cycle continues. 

• Like 2

Bar Ndidi, that was the much-vaunted full strength team and they offered **** all.

Score a goal against us from a set piece then watch us pass backwards, it feels like every ****ing match is the same and has been for a while.

Will always love him for the FA Cup but his total insistence on playing in a way that just does not suit our players has tipped me over the edge. Maybe it's time for a change.