Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

When this is the pro-Rodgers argument you know he's not doing a great job, really. Up there with "careful what you wish for".

It’s literally the reason Bojo is still in charge of the country too lol “ooh but who could do better during a pandemic” oh I don’t know Margaret, ****ing anyone?!?!? lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I said this at the back end of last year, a Crystal Palace type refresh is needed for us and that includes the manager.

We’ve been very average or very shit for the majority of the season, we had a decent spell in March but since the Newcastle performance, we’ve turned to crap again.

New ideas and a new voice is needed, it’s been stale for too long now.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes get Pearson back please at least a manager who inspires  others and has a ****ing backbone

Top man and great shout. I think most would take him back in a heartbeat now. I’m not one to say I told you so so I won’t.

• Like 2

Just now, SafewayFox said:

So you’re happy with us conceding our 101st set piece goal?

Happy with a performance that at best is turgid but clueless and pathetic is a more fair description?

What a bizarre comment.

Of course I am not happy, but I am able to entertain the concept that some times we get beaten and/or undone by factors beyond the manager having zero capacity to manage.

It is not a binary situation.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I’m still struggling to see how 10 million quid a year (10 million!) equates to a side who STILL can’t defend corners?

That bit just doesn’t compute….

There is no way BR will get sacked so just stop going on about it. The owners have given him the 4th highest salary in the league. He’s returned an Fa Cup and two top 6 finishes whether you think he deserves to go or not, he ain’t going. 

• Like 1

Just now, TrentFox said:

I thought Rudder’s body language was cold and distant. 

I think that’s just his personality/mannerisms mate lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kingfox said:

I said this at the back end of last year, a Crystal Palace type refresh is needed for us and that includes the manager.

We’ve been very average or very shit for the majority of the season, we had a decent spell in March but since the Newcastle performance, we’ve turned to crap again.

New ideas and a new voice is needed, it’s been stale for too long now.

Patrick Viera to Leicester :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Having 3 CB’s on doing fvck all second half was woeful tactically. BR was bamboozled by Jose’s 20 year old tactics.

FUMING with that performance, there’s a way you got out of a competition and it wasn’t like weak as piss effort we seen tonight.

So angry and what I just watched.

So true, 2 up top was expected but why not go 442?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

When this is the pro-Rodgers argument you know he's not doing a great job, really. Up there with "careful what you wish for".

The thing is, there is no pro-Rodgers argument anymore. It’s either rubbish like whose the replacement or look at the tantrums. Then the odd like or 3. Absolutely nothing of value of why Rodgers is the man. 

The only response is, tell me why we can’t defend a corner then let’s talk. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We have persistently faltered at key junctures under him, often limply. On top of that there's a borderline endless list of hilarious implosions and a complete lack of game awareness / management all too often. The FA Cup can't be taken away but that final increasingly looks the outlier and involved a one-in-a-million strike from Tielemans and save from Schmeichel.

Players have been run into the ground (which he has form for at previous clubs) and terribly managed on return from lay-offs, often meaning they're out for even longer. He's wasted a small fortune on absolute shite with his mate Congerton who we clearly didn't want sticking around. Several players have notably regressed and the style of football has fallen off a cliff, as has the speed. We are soft, slow, ponderous and terrible to watch. We create nothing. And it's never his fault. It's injuries, it's budgets, it's the age of the squad. He's a bloody coward who ducks accountability and this side are now in the mould of him.

He gets paid a king's ransom to manage an expensively assembled squad and he's not doing a good enough job to justify it at the moment. The set piece issue is the most glaring example of an outright failing that he simply can't address. 

We aren't at Taylor vs Wycombe levels but anyone ~30 and over will appreciate what this club feels like when it's on the slide. This season has been a joyless misery from start to finish and I don't see him turning it around. 

This is a huge, huge summer for the club and I don't want Rodgers anywhere near it. 

Get rid now, don't wait till the end of the season...the only thing he talks about is mentality....well you need a framework to hang mentality on, you need tactics that suit the personel, you need to be a leader who inspires, who demands performance, who is not afraid to make big calls, who can think tactically, who has the right people around him to disseminate the message so the players understand exactly the game plan and what is expected of them.......He simply does not have these qualities....find someone who does.. that is the job for Top and the board now IMO...

If Rodgers is staying, he has to take a long hard look at himself and admit he should do better. He's obviously not daft, he's popular with players, he's well-spoken, but he seriously needs to adapt his approach to games and stop making excuses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskay said:

You need to look at this season objectively. 17 goals conceeded from set pieces is madness!!

The Forest performance was unforgivable but tonight is the final nail in the coffin 

Don’t forget the pathetic Spurs collapse too.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm backing Brendan. In 6 months we'll be blowing teams away again. Remember this post.

Trip to Thailand?!? 

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

There is no way BR will get sacked so just stop going on about it. The owners have given him the 4th highest salary in the league. He’s returned an Fa Cup and two top 6 finishes whether you think he deserves to go or not, he ain’t going. 

You wait and see what happens when the fans turn on him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m still struggling to see how 10 million quid a year (10 million!) equates to a side who STILL can’t defend corners?

That bit just doesn’t compute….

That’s a lot of corner defending courses, we definitely should do better

We are just a boring nothing club at the moment, nothing exciting about us. Another team that keeps the ball and does nothing with it. We collapse constantly and can't fix mistakes that have occured since the start of the season. Couldn't defend for half the season, but could attack, now we can't do either. It's just shite.

I want the old Rodgers back, pre-bumper contract Rodgers. If he can turn it around, maybe win the remaining games there will be hope. If not and he goes then meh. 

• Like 1