Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m sorry but how was my comment bizarre?

You do realise that the definition of fan is - A fan, aficionado, or supporter is someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for a sporting club

So rather than acknowledging that fans are entitled to question decisions/tactics we’re supposed to just accept losing to an extremely average, quite frankly unimaginative Roma side that aren’t getting into the Champions League places in Serie A btw.

You act like because I am not swearing and raging I somehow am not disappointed we did not win. I get there is frustration but you do not know me or how I express such things, so to draw your conclusion was rather presumptuous, hence bizarre.

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not sure what else that he could have done tonight, we went full strength and unfortunately it wasn’t enough. If we don’t do well next season with a few extra additions then he’ll go, but think we give him until Christmas to turn the tide and go again. I’m confident that with just a few minor tweaks and new faces that we’ll be fighting for top 6/7 next season. 

With you on this! If we can replace our wingers and get a box to box midfielder we should be good.
However I would only give him until the end of the season to sort out our issues.

Our poor form has been a problem for over a year now.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t get why people think that getting the manager gone will suddenly change everything. The squad needs a refresh. Rodgers has proven throughout his career that he’s good enough to manage a side of our quality - we need to give him the start of next season with a few new players and see where we’re at, if nothing changes then then is the time to question him, but how can he make things suddenly happen with players that simply aren’t capable of doing what he wants them to? 

At what stage did my comment suggest Rodgers out though?

I get it, every single post of yours is clearly Rodgers in but surely you can admit the performance was similar ilk of a plucky lower league side against a giant.

This Roma side are not world beaters and should feel disappointed with the lack of press/urgency in our passes.

All whilst we conceded yet again from a corner.

Guest ttfn
Just now, pmcla26 said:

I don’t get why people think that getting the manager gone will suddenly change everything. The squad needs a refresh. Rodgers has proven throughout his career that he’s good enough to manage a side of our quality - we need to give him the start of next season with a few new players and see where we’re at, if nothing changes then then is the time to question him, but how can he make things suddenly happen with players that simply aren’t capable of doing what he wants them to? 

Has he shown anywhere that he is capable of managing and delivering with an overhauled squad?

I don’t want him here any more for a variety of reasons some of which may be deeply unfair on Rodgers, but the main one for me is that we are not hiring for the same job we were hiring for 3 years ago.

3 years ago we needed a manager who could develop a huge bunch of very talented 22-24 year olds (Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison, Chilwell, Maguire, Iheanacho and Barnes) and get more from seasoned title-winning pros like Schmeichel, Vardy and Evans.

Now we have a far weaker pipeline of talent (basically Fofana, Justin, KDH, maybe Daka), those still here from that previous cohort have either left or are in their prime and the old hands are coming to the end.

If Rodgers were not the manager today we would not be hiring him for the job that needs doing over the next 2-3 years. He was a perfect fit in 2019, not now. Obviously his contract is a huge millstone for the club and will factor into the inevitable non-decision.

Well, we aren't getting Europe next season. Some players certain to leave and others playing nowhere near their potential; the regression of Barnes is a big concern. Tielemans whether saving himself or not will struggle to attract a top 4 club playing like he has been.

Big changes are inevitable this summer, so it has to be fresh and we need a clear plan.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Season ticket renewal coming round with a 5% price increase, could be a difficult sell if the style doesn't change.

The main reason people will renew is because lose your seat now and after all those years, you won't get it back.

I just hope Rodgers goes sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

Didn't seem up for a European semi final and that's down to Brendan, still hasn't sorted the set piece weakness thanks for all you've done Mr Rogers time for a fresh start if we don't finish this season strongly I think we will carry on the poor form into next season. 

Guest nathan.

We are becoming as predictable as his pre/post match interviews.

The FA cup win is papering over the cracks.

Its not the team that needs the overhaul its the management we have a fantastic squad.    

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah not saying Barnes was good, the post stated Lookman was looking sharp and up for it and he was far from either of those things.

He was pressing the best out of out front three, he turned his fullback and fouled constantly. The game showed taking him off was a bad decision. We were much worse second half without him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Standard post defeat tantrums I see

Yeah, and the fact there's been so many of them highlighting the same deficiencies shouldn't need a brain surgeon to work out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are you sure Pearson isn’t your ‘Big Uncle Nige’?

😂

Your love of him really does know no bounds 

Cheers man. He’s a top bloke and tbf if anyone tries to mock my love for him I just laugh. I have never met someone associated with football who has been so down to earth as Nigel. I am embarrassed  for any Leicester fan who mocks him. He absolutely loved his time at Leicester and respects all Leicester fans. 

• Like 3

Just now, DanDare said:

Yeah, and the fact there's been so many of them highlighting the same deficiencies shouldn't need a brain surgeon to work out

You should all get your CV’s in now I guess….

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Our corner problem is down to a lack of physicality

We dominated the home leg

Young players finding their way but great experience

It's the same old ****ing shite. Also BT saying he doesn't make excuses. He's the master of throwing everyone and anyone under the bus.

He said what….we are ****ed.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

He was pressing the best out of out front three, he turned his fullback and fouled constantly. The game showed taking him off was a bad decision. We were much worse second half without him.

Yep I agree 👍

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You act like because I am not swearing and raging I somehow am not disappointed we did not win. I get there is frustration but you do not know me or how I express such things, so to draw your conclusion was rather presumptuous, hence bizarre.

Yet this all started by your antagonizing comment about fellow Foxes fans comments on here?

That in itself is sadly more of a bizarre comment if ask me.

I typically agree with a lot of your posts having been a reader for years and new member but strongly dislike how comments dismissing valid faults with our performance is “throwing a tantrum”.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Well, we aren't getting Europe next season. Some players certain to leave and others playing nowhere near their potential; the regression of Barnes is a big concern. Tielemans whether saving himself or not will struggle to attract a top 4 club playing like he has been.

Big changes are inevitable this summer, so it has to be fresh and we need a clear plan.

Barnes is the big loser of our transition to a possession for possessions sake team.

He simply isn't proficient enough technically, nor have enough skill or guile to make an impact against a set defence.

• Like 1