Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers man. He’s a top bloke and tbf if anyone tries to mock my love for him I just laugh. I have never met someone associated with football who has been so down to earth as Nigel. I am embarrassed  for any Leicester fan who mocks him. He absolutely loved his time at Leicester and respects all Leicester fans. 

Fair play. You’ve always been consistent over that 👍

Just now, nathan. said:

Its not the team that needs the overhaul its the management we have a fantastic squad.    

we have a squad made up of young, inexperienced guys (for whom tonight would have a been a new, difficult experience), some outgoing players who probably aren't in it as much as they should be and some old guard who questionably are coming to the end of their time here.

this 'fantastic squad' who would be top 4 with a decent manager stuff is a myth - there are people on here who can't wait to spout their big brain ideas about how rodgers is our sole issue whilst choosing to ignore a multitude of other factors that make up the game of football.

rodgers doesn't get everything right, but he isn't the only problem we've got; not by a long shot. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Brendan, you say we lacked aggression, why was Ricardo 5ft9 marking Abrahams 6ft3? 

Playing devils advocate.

Evans,Fofana and JJ take their centre backs…who else should take Abraham?

• Like 1

Our corner problem is down to physicality and we have not been consistent enough. - The problem is that we are focusing on Man Marking, Zonal Marking, what exact position we should be in. - What about the basic - Go attack the ball and win the header! Why has Kasper not even attempted to claim a corner in 3 years - did I imagine that he used to be able to collect corners and quick dispatch to release Vardy. How has this not been addressed. Oh and we are very consistent, laughably consistently poor

We were better in the 2nd half...  we dominated the first leg - No we are allowed the ball because everyone can see we have no idea how to turn possession into goals

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What the f*** does he write when he taking notes within 10minutes of the start.

Haven't seen any other manager do this!

He was crossing another seven clubs off the list of where he was planning on sending his CV to.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Playing devils advocate.

Evans,Fofana and JJ take their centre backs…who else should take Abraham?

Wouldn't they ha e planned for this when considering the lineup? Especially considering out set peice frailties... 

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Yet this all started by your antagonizing comment about fellow Foxes fans comments on here?

That in itself is sadly more of a bizarre comment if ask me.

I typically agree with a lot of your posts having been a reader for years and new member but strongly dislike how comments dismissing valid faults with our performance is “throwing a tantrum”.

It is only because there is deluge of such comments after every defeat, like we cannot and should not ever lose. It is tiresome and childish and I am sorry if you think that is unreasonable, perhaps it’s my age. lol but it is how I view it. :dunno:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Brendan, you say we lacked aggression, why was Ricardo 5ft9 marking Abrahams 6ft3? 

58f4f27321f453c742abee8aed5fa4e9.jpg

The small ones are always the most aggressive 

One thing I will say though is that we ALL need to stop getting worked up by post match comments from Rodgers.

It would be career suicide for him to say what he would privately say to the team/coaches.

The lack of learning/same continued mistakes (goals conceded from corners, 60% toothless possession, no style of football right now) is a much more damning issue.

• Like 1

Just now, lifted*fox said:

we have a squad made up of young, inexperienced guys (for whom tonight would have a been a new, difficult experience), some outgoing players who probably aren't in it as much as they should be and some old guard who questionably are coming to the end of their time here.

this 'fantastic squad' who would be top 4 with a decent manager stuff is a myth - there are people on here who can't wait to spout their big brain ideas about how rodgers is our sole issue whilst choosing to ignore a multitude of other factors that make up the game of football.

rodgers doesn't get everything right, but he isn't the only problem we've got; not by a long shot. 

Absolutely, Rodgers isn’t our only problem but the move forward requires us to remove the first problem, which is the manager. Then we start with the squad. 

Rebuilding the squad with a philosophy that doesn’t work consistently or hasn’t worked for some time for the players this club can attract is not the right idea. The coaching has hit its limit this year and simple matters like defending/attacking corners have suffered - attacking corners has been an issue for two years now. 

A manager who can’t come up with solutions to basic matters such as that can’t be the way forward.

• Like 1

Imo he didn't need to change to 3 at the back, Barnes needed hooking, he needed to tell the full backs to push up, he could have put maddison on the left and brought nacho on for Barnes in a 4-4-1-1, that would have been better

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers man. He’s a top bloke and tbf if anyone tries to mock my love for him I just laugh. I have never met someone associated with football who has been so down to earth as Nigel. I am embarrassed  for any Leicester fan who mocks him. He absolutely loved his time at Leicester and respects all Leicester fans. 

pearson was the daddy anyone who cant see it, pfft in the bin 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

We are in pretty shocking form with a pretty much full strength squad so the injury excuse just doesn't wash now. 

Get him out in the summer and start again fresh, it's all so stale.

The squad just seems so weak mentally and that stems from the manager imo. Set piece goals nearly every week, frequent goals conceded in extra time, literally never been less excited to watch us in premier League games.

Spot on. But even if this team had a strong mentality, we’re still missing the aggression, strength and off the ball desire to fight for every ball. We’re far too soft and are in desperate need of a few more Dewsbury-Hall’s in our team. 

Brendan can’t be trusted with the summer window. He will sign players to fit his style, who are good on the ball but terrible off it. It would also not surprise me if he signed more duds like Vestergaard and Bertrand. 

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

One thing I will say though is that we ALL need to stop getting worked up by post match comments from Rodgers.

It would be career suicide for him to say what he would privately say to the team/coaches.

The lack of learning/same continued mistakes (goals conceded from corners, 60% toothless possession, no style of football right now) is a much more damning issue.

First half of your post is bang on.

The second half of your post is also bang on but suggests to me that those reflections and difficult conversations are not happening behind closed doors either. 

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

This. I was dumbfounded when I saw this mismatch at the previous corner. It was an invitation for them to score a gift goal and they gratefully accepted the invitation. A high school soccer coach wouldn't have allowed that. Beyond belief! 

• Like 3