Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Playing devils advocate.

Evans,Fofana and JJ take their centre backs…who else should take Abraham?

Would Abraham not have been the most dangerous player? What height are the centre backs, smalling obviously has some height I know 

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Imo he didn't need to change to 3 at the back, Barnes needed hooking, he needed to tell the full backs to push up, he could have put maddison on the left and brought nacho on for Barnes in a 4-4-1-1, that would have been better

Good god, thank goodness you aren't the manager. Maddison on the left?!!

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

It is only because there is deluge of such comments after every defeat, like we cannot and should not ever lose. It is tiresome and childish and I am sorry if you think that is unreasonable, perhaps it’s my age. lol but it is how I view it. :dunno:

Now that I totally agree with.

Emotions are flying high and we should rightfully look forward rather than the odd “12 years ago we were playing Rotherham” as that’s what my non City fans say who can’t see our clear business model which has been extremely successful.

However, having a healthy debate about what Rodgers or any future manager could do is a good thing in my eyes.

I just want to see much quicker passing for one thing - my head hurts trying to fathom how we can go from that pressing style of football to a disjointed and obsession of sideways pointless possession club.

Rodgers needs to consider what our identity is as part of this “refresh”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t want to reply to everyone who’s responded to my post individually.. but I know I’m very Rodgers in on this thread and vocal about it.. but must say I do acknowledge the short comings from the side this year and the frustrations from a lot of you guys too. It’s been a disappointing season, to be frank, and we haven’t done well enough in getting the basics right and playing at a tempo and standard we’ve seen during Rodgers tenure, but I do really believe that if we stick with him we’ll get it back. I’m more than in agreement though that if he does get some new faces in in the summer, and the same trends continue, that the club will have to consider that option.

For now though, I think we need to look to the future and hope that next season is a more positive one, and I’m confident that it will be. 

This is probably the most sensible Rodgers in post I’ve seen. Don’t agree with a word of it but I respect it. Beats the clever clog “tantrum” “perspective” rubbish with absolutely no insight as to why.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

He said we've tried every structure and set up with regards to marking, at the end of the day we lack physicality.

I think it's a fair point, we have too few players who actually want to head the ball. Coaching has absolutely played a part no doubt about it, but we are lacking people who want to go and head the ball. 

Amartey replaced Ricardo and on the first corner he didn't even jump, he just held onto Abraham.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Ordering his take away.

I thought it was updating his CV...Won the possession game again, what else do they want from me?

How bout some entertaining football ya gimp!!

Guest ttfn
Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is probably the most sensible Rodgers in post I’ve seen. Don’t agree with a word of it but I respect it. Beats the clever clog “tantrum” “perspective” rubbish with absolutely no insight as to why.

My thoughts exactly.

26 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Nobody's come up with a viable option yet

There's bound to be over the summer. Would you have kept Holloway, Taylor or Puel without an instant manager? 

Give this bloke money to spend and we could be in serious trouble sooner than some think. At worst, let our recruitment team buy them and the next manager would at least have some decent players to choose from. There'll always be someone half decent wanting to come to Leicester albeit not the top of the tree some supporters dream about. We are a great opportunity for someone, lest we forget, that's why Rodgers dumped Celtic in the first place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Wouldn't they ha e planned for this when considering the lineup? Especially considering out set peice frailties... 

Stop it, Tom. You're being childish and reactionary by expecting the manager to have given consideration to such basic things.

I've decided to join the patronising bunch of w@nkers saying that Rodgers should stay - and let me tell you, it feels good. I feel so warm from my new found smugness that I doubt I'll have to spend a penny on heating this winter.

• Haha 3

Forget Roma in a European semi.....is playing like that enough to beat Everton? Burnley? Bournemouth? 

This is Robbie Savage level of insight, but if you don't create chances, you won't score. 

The team is now entirely playing to Rodgers' will. And I don't like it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t want to reply to everyone who’s responded to my post individually.. but I know I’m very Rodgers in on this thread and vocal about it.. but must say I do acknowledge the short comings from the side this year and the frustrations from a lot of you guys too. It’s been a disappointing season, to be frank, and we haven’t done well enough in getting the basics right and playing at a tempo and standard we’ve seen during Rodgers tenure, but I do really believe that if we stick with him we’ll get it back. I’m more than in agreement though that if he does get some new faces in in the summer, and the same trends continue, that the club will have to consider that option.

For now though, I think we need to look to the future and hope that next season is a more positive one, and I’m confident that it will be. 

What a splendid balanced opinion from someone pissed up and upset in the olympico. 

we should stick with him and see what next season brings, with no Europe and the chance to focus on the premier league. 

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

First half of your post is bang on.

The second half of your post is also bang on but suggests to me that those reflections and difficult conversations are not happening behind closed doors either. 

Great point.

Watching Jose and his Assistant (couldn’t work out who it was) pacing the touch line is something clearly missing under the Rodgers regime.

I’m not foolish to say passion guarantees results/performances but you could argue that looking from the outside in that it’s all too comfortable/dictatorship with Rodgers the only voice from our coaching set-up and he’s gone on record 100’s of times about he believes in positive affirmation from his youth playing days.

I’m sorry but sometimes a complacent/lack of urgent performance could be quickly lifted with a rousing call to arms, similar to a KDH sliding tackle etc 

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

As you know, I've always been Brendan in but I don't enjoy watching us play anymore and haven't for a while if I'm being honest. What was so strange about tonight's game is that it didn't feel exciting, it didn't at any point feel like we were going to do anything to even remotely trouble them. 90 minutes of sheer frustration. Again. I really respect Rodgers and think he's a good manager but I do wonder if we've come to the end of the road here. It's all very, very stale.

I don't know, maybe it's just the utter disappointment clouding my view.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It is only because there is deluge of such comments after every defeat, like we cannot and should not ever lose. It is tiresome and childish and I am sorry if you think that is unreasonable, perhaps it’s my age. lol but it is how I view it. :dunno:

I think many people are simply tired of losing in the exact same way.

We're not generally being outclassed or losing thrillers. We're conceding set pieces, we're not scoring enough and we look pretty limp.

Individual results aren't (I think for most of us) the be all and end all. But when you're seeing the same mistakes week in week out and a lack of honesty and transparency from the man in charge, how can you not get fed up with it?

Plenty of childish and petulant stuff thrown about though.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 2

On 03/05/2022 at 21:56, smudgerfox said:

The question is for you not for me. Like BR you disparage our squad players but offer no explanation as to how you replace them. You sell Ihenacho to Brighton and replace him with who? You sell Amartey and replace him with who? Praet?Mendy? Hamza? Perez even? It’s easy to say some squad players are not as good as the first choices but the whole point is you need a squad who the manager trusts. Would BR have rated Nicky Butt ? 

Graham Potter

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

think some guys whole week / world revolves around the 90 mins - lives in their heads

when things don't go our way it feels personal to them, whereas i feel like i can mostly just shrug it off these days, win some lose some. 

some of the vitriol that gets spouted in the first few hours after a loss just comes across as a bit unmeasured, unhinged. i get it, annoying in the moment, but some of it lacks perspective. 

it's like people think we have a divine right to go to rome and steamroll a quality team with an experienced manager and 65,000 fans behind them - they set up to make life difficult, a silly error gifted them an early goal and they shut up shop and defended like we know jose will have them doing. 

it's like all this 'season over' stuff - yeah it is - sometimes that happens, it ends sometimes and you come away with nothing, that's a pretty likely outcome for a team like us, prepare yourself for it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

we have a squad made up of young, inexperienced guys (for whom tonight would have a been a new, difficult experience), some outgoing players who probably aren't in it as much as they should be and some old guard who questionably are coming to the end of their time here.

this 'fantastic squad' who would be top 4 with a decent manager stuff is a myth - there are people on here who can't wait to spout their big brain ideas about how rodgers is our sole issue whilst choosing to ignore a multitude of other factors that make up the game of football.

rodgers doesn't get everything right, but he isn't the only problem we've got; not by a long shot. 

63% possession and barely a chance created. Rodgers isnt the only problem, but the tactics and mentality he brings to the side are both fundamental to our struggles. Both of which are arguably the two most important contributions a manager can make alongside substitutions (which i thought he got right) so it seems he's not bringing much to the table at the moment

Edit: also the individual ability of our squad is worsening under him as well despite him supposedly being a great coach

Edited by honeybradger

Before I get onto Rodgers... it is only fair to say, that was one of the worst refs I have ever seen... and after Jonn Moss a few years ago, I didn't think it possible!

However, unfortunately that game summed up the season and what we have become... Bit weak, bit feable in attack, have a handicap every game with the whole set piece thing. The football is unimaginative, not sure he or the players really know what they are doing (well that is at least how it appears). 

Yes we have done well to get to a semi in europe, but we shouldn't have been knocked out that Europa league group we had... Yes we have had 2 top 5 finishes, but we should have finished 4th at least once. This Season has been pretty poor, full stop. 

Again, not taking anything away from him, on paper he is one of the best we have had, but this team needs freshning up in my opinion, and includes the backroom staff. Unless Top just decides to give him another run at it, with no Europe, hopefully meaning less injuries etc. 

• Like 2

Anyone who spoke to me today about the game knew I was worried the Rodger’s would get ‘out tacticked’ by Mourinho tonight and true to form that’s exactly what happened. Mourinho knew exactly what to do to win the game and once Roma got the goal it was set up for him. We are a team in Rodger’s form, we play possession football but we are too nice, too soft, too slow. We allow opponents to manage the refs. We are too set in our ways, too rigid in players positions on the pitch, too arrogant to accept we are a shambles at defending set pieces and too lazy with our own attacking set pieces, corners, free kicks and even our own shambolic fkin throw ins. We have some quality players but perhaps some not at the level they either were or think they are. Rodger’s urgently needs to stop the rot even before a potential mini rebuild because we aren’t even secure from relegation yet ffs.  

Edited by funkyrobot