Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Stop it, Tom. You're being childish and reactionary by expecting the manager to have given consideration to such basic things.

I've decided to join the patronising bunch of w@nkers saying that Rodgers should stay - and let me tell you, it feels good. I feel so warm from my new found smugness that I doubt I'll have to spend a penny on heating this winter.

🙈😂

Nothing ever changes when we're losing- no mixing it up, trying something different, chucking a CB up front and lumping it. Still playing to the style we always do and doing did all.

The most infuriating part of this period of time.

On 03/05/2022 at 10:26, Aus Fox said:

Just an apology to @lcfceaves, although I disagree with some of the views around Rodgers, I think I took my frustration at the situation out on you a bit after the game on Sunday. 
I do enjoy the discussion and reading different LCFC viewpoints on here, but shouldn’t have let myself take it out on you. 
Sorry mate!

No worries... I was also reacting in the heat of the moment, but I was only trying to point out how bored / frustrated I am watching this. Good on you for owning it

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Puel? Shakespeare? Sven? Sousa? Ranieri season 2 (although if we get an equivalent season 1 I'll be ok with that). 

You just need to look back at our recent managerial history to see what the alternatives could be. 

Or at other clubs: Benitez, De Boer, Hodgson, Lampard, Farke, any of Watford's million managers, Gerrard, Emry (ticked all the boxes until he came to Arsenal and was shite). Sarri, Bielsa, Dyche, Allardyce, Hassenhutl, Howe.

You look around the footballing landscape and there are no sure things, you could take a punt and get a Viera, but most will be underwhelming overpaid. 

Rodgers is a very good manager he will go down as one of our most successful. He 100% deserves our backing for the following season, an injury free season with no European distractions a chance to rebuild after the inevitable loss of Youri (who has been part of the problem) is the least he deserves after the last 3 years. There is nobody out that that we could attract that would definitely be better than Brendan. Give it until Christmas next season and if we are languishing in the lower third of the table then it's probably time to go, but not because he's a bad manager, it's just these things run their course.

Support Brendan, back the boys, because if this is classed as a bad season then it is a great time to be a Leicester fan.

While I'm inclined to agree, there's a sense of inevitably that your Christmas scenario comes to pass.

Just can't see it changing.

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Puel? Shakespeare? Sven? Sousa? Ranieri season 2 (although if we get an equivalent season 1 I'll be ok with that). 

You just need to look back at our recent managerial history to see what the alternatives could be. 

Or at other clubs: Benitez, De Boer, Hodgson, Lampard, Farke, any of Watford's million managers, Gerrard, Emry (ticked all the boxes until he came to Arsenal and was shite). Sarri, Bielsa, Dyche, Allardyce, Hassenhutl, Howe.

You look around the footballing landscape and there are no sure things, you could take a punt and get a Viera, but most will be underwhelming overpaid. 

Rodgers is a very good manager he will go down as one of our most successful. He 100% deserves our backing for the following season, an injury free season with no European distractions a chance to rebuild after the inevitable loss of Youri (who has been part of the problem) is the least he deserves after the last 3 years. There is nobody out that that we could attract that would definitely be better than Brendan. Give it until Christmas next season and if we are languishing in the lower third of the table then it's probably time to go, but not because he's a bad manager, it's just these things run their course.

Support Brendan, back the boys, because if this is classed as a bad season then it is a great time to be a Leicester fan.

Good measured post. We need wins to at least tide us over

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

think some guys whole week / world revolves around the 90 mins - lives in their heads

when things don't go our way it feels personal to them, whereas i feel like i can mostly just shrug it off these days, win some lose some. 

some of the vitriol that gets spouted in the first few hours after a loss just comes across as a bit unmeasured, unhinged. i get it, annoying in the moment, but some of it lacks perspective. 

it's like people think we have a divine right to go to rome and steamroll a quality team with an experienced manager and 65,000 fans behind them - they set up to make life difficult, a silly error gifted them an early goal and they shut up shop and defended like we know jose will have them doing. 

it's like all this 'season over' stuff - yeah it is - sometimes that happens, it ends sometimes and you come away with nothing, that's a pretty likely outcome for a team like us, prepare yourself for it.

I must block out some of the OTT comments or I just appreciate that we all love football for the highs and then dissect what causes repeated lows.

Roma in Serie A have lost 10 in 35 games and 5th in the league so of course you could argue that with our recent investment, considerably higher net spend and Rodgers very handsome salary (to name a few) that if all the stars aligned we could have hoped to get a result there.

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You should all get your CV’s in now I guess….

Nah nobody's got the same desire to turn a potentially exciting team into one so pedestrian, predictable and ponderous as good ole Brendan 

Brendan cannot get a tube out of these players. Many of them are top notch players too. So something needs to change. Brendan is likely the easier option, but we’ve seen this before and will likely again. 

my personal opinion is that Brendan is not intelligent enough to adapt and change. Possession is his mantra and that is that, even when it produces stagnant, rancid football. 

The players, though, need to shoulder some responsibility. 

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to hold your hand up and say we were played out of the game. They marshalled Barnes and Lookman out of the game in the first half and Brendan changed that at half time to his credit but by that time and being a goal down to a Jose team it was difficult to break down.. 

I think our wing play was the plan for tonight. Why not that got us the goal in the first leg. But when that wasn't working we didn't really have an alternative.

The only other change I think available to us in the second is bringing on a different defensive midfielder and pushing teilemans up in place of Madison of KDH. But not sure that really would have had an effect.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Brendan cannot get a tube out of these players. Many of them are top notch players too. So something needs to change. Brendan is likely the easier option, but we’ve seen this before and will likely again. 

my personal opinion is that Brendan is not intelligent enough to adapt and change. Possession is his mantra and that is that, even when it produces stagnant, rancid football. 

The players, though, need to shoulder some responsibility. 

Your absolutely right.  He loves possession football.

What he doesn't realise is that the further down the food chain you go in terms of player quality, the less effective retention football is.  Possession football is only good if you have a load of players who can grind the opposition down, wear them out, see passes to unlock doors that other players can't see.

What works at Liverpool, man city, or a league where you are favourites for the title (like his stint at Celtic)  great, knock yourself out with possession football because eventually, you'll find a way through.

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Far too nice. Couldn’t stand his love in about Newcastle the other week then the bollox about getting Jose a bottle of wine. 

Sadly it’s all about his PR.

I said it earlier we need to ignore his post match comments, I have for a while now and feel much more “meh” about him, he could write Jose love letters during the 90 mins for all I care.

However, making us not look inept at defending OR attacking corners would be a much more area of focus for me.

Binning off this passive and quite frankly anti-football brand would also be bigger things to hope for than who he flirts with after a match for future job prospects/boys club etc.

2 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Sometimes you have to hold your hand up and say we were played out of the game. They marshalled Barnes and Lookman out of the game in the first half and Brendan changed that at half time to his credit but by that time and being a goal down to a Jose team it was difficult to break down.. 

I think our wing play was the plan for tonight. Why not that got us the goal in the first leg. But when that wasn't working we didn't really have an alternative.

The only other change I think available to us in the second is bringing on a different defensive midfielder and pushing teilemans up in place of Madison of KDH. But not sure that really would have had an effect.

It's a shame he didn't **** up all the signings this year or we may have had better options. 

28 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Would Abraham not have been the most dangerous player? What height are the centre backs, smalling obviously has some height I know 

....if the plan was to go zonal, then Abrahams just chooses who he matches up with!!!

Once you go zonal, you have already shown your cards.

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Far too nice. Couldn’t stand his love in about Newcastle the other week then the bollox about getting Jose a bottle of wine. 

Exactly. BR wants to be liked, its extremely important to him. Even his post match interviews, he doesn't show any fire, just like his team. Personally I would've taken that ref to task for his display and the blatant penalty decisions. BR, absolutely nothing, talked about how inexperienced we are and how good the Roma crowd were. 

22 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

As you know, I've always been Brendan in but I don't enjoy watching us play anymore and haven't for a while if I'm being honest. What was so strange about tonight's game is that it didn't feel exciting, it didn't at any point feel like we were going to do anything to even remotely trouble them. 90 minutes of sheer frustration. Again. I really respect Rodgers and think he's a good manager but I do wonder if we've come to the end of the road here. It's all very, very stale.

I don't know, maybe it's just the utter disappointment clouding my view.

Pretty much sums it up for me... I've used the word stale to describe it tonight too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

I think Rodgers needs a good run to the end of the season to ensure that he'll still be here next season

No. He’s done here. That performance was nothing short of disgraceful. Our first 11 in 2006 would have shown more intent.