Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Dames said:

No. He’s done here. That performance was nothing short of disgraceful. Our first 11 in 2006 would have shown more intent.

Also the players were up for it they were just coerced into shit football. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if the plan was to go zonal, then Abrahams just chooses who he matches up with!!!

Once you go zonal, you have already shown your cards.

Googling height of their players, they were a big lot tbh, we do have an issue with the height of our players 

Brendan has many flaws. But honestly I've set and said it tonight. Who out there is a candidate that we can get that's got a proven track record. Or is not a massive risk from lower down. And I'm not trying to be a dick about it. I'd kive to know genuine shouts.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Googling height of their players, they were a big lot tbh, we do have an issue with the height of our players 

Rodgers bought Vestergaard for exactly that reason 

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Brendan has many flaws. But honestly I've set and said it tonight. Who out there is a candidate that we can get that's got a proven track record. Or is not a massive risk from lower down. And I'm not trying to be a dick about it. I'd kive to know genuine shouts.

This mentality holds us back. We seem to be so scared of taking a chance that as fans the majority of us will stick with something that is no longer working. Brendan had a fantastic run, an amazing run on paper, but the reality is, its over. At this point, even big sam or woy would get more out of these players.

• Like 1

Having followed us both at home and away at great personal expense I'll say this -

To witness us pay respect to a poor team and allow their biggest player to be marked by our smallest speaks to a management problem. 

I'll spend 4k a year following city without question. I love it. 

I need to know why Abraham was allowed to score that goal from the management. Every right minded fan saw that coming. Why didn't the staff.  It isn't okay to see this sort of crap every week and still pay a month's wages. It's not okay. It's rude. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

we have a squad made up of young, inexperienced guys (for whom tonight would have a been a new, difficult experience), some outgoing players who probably aren't in it as much as they should be and some old guard who questionably are coming to the end of their time here.

this 'fantastic squad' who would be top 4 with a decent manager stuff is a myth - there are people on here who can't wait to spout their big brain ideas about how rodgers is our sole issue whilst choosing to ignore a multitude of other factors that make up the game of football.

rodgers doesn't get everything right, but he isn't the only problem we've got; not by a long shot. 

Yes he's not the only problem but he is by far the biggest problem. He learns nothing from his habitual mistakes and his style of football is sucking the life out of the club. He's the manager on big bucks and the buck stops with him. There can be no excuse for the way he set up tonight, boring slow turgid football with his silly side to side backwards play even when we were one nil down and the clock ticking. His been found out and we have the Liverpool fans to thank who told us what would happen.

For me our performance on set pieces at both ends of the field is a sackable offence alone. He's moaned increasingly about missing his best CBs this season. And yet tonight with them both in the team we still concede a crap free header in our 6 yard box to lose the game. Choosing to have Ricardo marking Abraham at corners has to be up there with one of the worst ever strategies in football history. 

• Like 1

Far too many people being optimistic of some sort of miracle turn around next season. No Europe = limited choice in signings and players we have getting bored and leaving to follow ambition. Lowly league positions and lack of European football generally see you into a phase of mediocrity. I can't see the summer being a good one now (and I already don't trust Brendan with money) and so I can't see much changing next season especially in style. 

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

It doesn't matter who we think should take over, it doesn't negate are right to the opinion that he should get the boot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Learning that our 2006 team would have done a better job tonight and that Roy Hodgson/Sam Allardyce would be a better bet as manager tells me immediately that this is a thread to be ignored for a few days

So our first attempt on target at 78 minutes or whatever in our biggest game of the season is acceptable? Absolutely not.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

The annoying part is is that I don't want him gone because of results.  I want him gone because we make the same mistakes now that we made 6 months ago.  I want him gone because he sees something isn't working, then goes and does it again.  He's a one trick pony.  And that trick is to win possession stats first, actual result second. 

Does any other team, literally on the planet, pass it around the back 4 in the last 5 minutes of a euro semi final that they are losing?  No, that's a Leicester thing. Some of the things we do in a game are absurd! We are a bunch of negative bottlers but that's Rodgers that's done this.  Like I said before, he's coached the fight out of players. He wants ball retention at all costs.  Thats fine if you have a team full of De Bruynes etc.  But we don't!  We don't have the players to suit that brand of football.  We aren't Man city or Liverpool.  

One thing that always annoyed me about football teams is that you play terrible football for 80 minutes, slow, pedestrian, sluggish ugly football, then the final 10 minutes teams start lumping balls into the box showing full urgency, and I've always sat there and thought "why didn't you do this 80 minutes ago?" 

Unfortunately for Leicester, we don't even get the 5 minute rush at the end these days...

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

This mentality holds us back. We seem to be so scared of taking a chance that as fans the majority of us will stick with something that is no longer working. Brendan had a fantastic run, an amazing run on paper, but the reality is, its over. At this point, even big sam or woy would get more out of these players.

Holds us back?

So you want big Sam. So if that's the way to get results and the football we want to watch then why not Jose?

We needed a plan B tonight, someone like Ulloa to come on, hold the ball up. Win free kicks and give them a different option to think about. Or even throw a centre half forward with 15 mins to go Ala Steve Walsh. 

He would never choose those options. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

. No Europe = limited choice in signings

I don't believe in this so much anymore. We still have a decent pull and are an attractive club to play for. Out stock has grown a lot over the past few seasons. 

• Like 1

There was heart, the team hustled hard despite knowing the ref would blow for stepping on shadows.

Fluidity, confidence and guile, the lack off, was the problem.

I offer no solution

Brendan might have steered the team to 3 european years including double European qualification two years on the trot, cup wins and league finish.

He didnt.

Back to being regular Leicester again and a life time of football misery for us all?

For you young uns born into success, adapt or jump ship now.

Guys i'm not going to lie I haven't watched a single minute of tonight, I drove 30 miles to play 5 minutes in a cup game for a team I, ad hoc play for due to my main personal pursuit of running, but i'm bored now, i'm bored of listening to BR, i'm bored of the way we play, 3 years ago with the investment of Evans, Ricardo and Maddison we stepped up to be a top 10 club, BR over achieved a bit for 2 years taking us to two placed finishes and a FA cup win but if 8 years ago when we got promoted the owners set us a target of finishing in the top 5 within 3 years, when we had a championship squad, surely they are not gonna be happy finishing mid table when at worst we have a top 8 squad.

Edited by Beachyboy

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Holds us back?

So you want big Sam. So if that's the way to get results and the football we want to watch then why not Jose?

Jose won tonight and got a result last week with arguably 4 attacks across 2 legs. 

Not a good comparison to make. 

4 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

We needed a plan B tonight, someone like Ulloa to come on, hold the ball up. Win free kicks and give them a different option to think about. Or even throw a centre half forward with 15 mins to go Ala Steve Walsh. 

He would never choose those options. 

No he chose to bring on a centre back and a right back instead. He’s a fraud.