Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

now matter how bad the results were everyone loved Pearson surely because of that Passion and the limited squad he had, Claudio had charisma, this guy brought us to years of wonderful football, but if your in a good relationship for 2 years and then u have a mostly shit 1 year, you don't have as much faith that things will be good again as 33% of that time as been unhappy.

Two big problems for me. Firstly the disconnect between how he describes his teams playing (with pace and aggression) and how we actually look. Secondly his recent record shows on transfers ahead of what looks like a bit of a summer rebuild squad wise.

Could very well be the two are interlinked with squad players too comfortable resulting in the squad overall not being hungry enough. It all just looks a bit static.

Big call coming for Top to either back or sack. And I’m not talking about his shaving ritual!

5 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

It doesn't matter who we think should take over, it doesn't negate are right to the opinion that he should get the boot.

Of course it does. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but our owners went all in. Paid millions in compensation, extended and improved his contract I just would love to know where we go,  we ain't getting pep, klopp, ten haag (would have been my choice)  by the way,  don't want a Dyche, Jose, type personally although I accept the later is a winner. 

Just think it's really easy to call for him to go then complain at the successor picked 

Lest be honest if we hadn't have had 2016, 2 top 5 finishes and an FA CUP is as good as its ever got.

43 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

63% possession and barely a chance created. Rodgers isnt the only problem, but the tactics and mentality he brings to the side are both fundamental to our struggles. Both of which are arguably the two most important contributions a manager can make alongside substitutions (which i thought he got right) so it seems he's not bringing much to the table at the moment

Edit: also the individual ability of our squad is worsening under him as well despite him supposedly being a great coach

Evans had half of that possession stat

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

14 pages in 3 hours. Some of you need to get a life. 

Yes we lost, away, by 1 goal, to a very decent side. Yes it's been a crap season, but this ridiculous hate is achieving nothing. 

Do you feel we have played well overall this season?

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Jose won tonight and got a result last week with arguably 4 attacks across 2 legs. 

Not a good comparison to make. 

You picked Sam over Jose was my point. Is that because you don't believe we could get Jose?

But my point still remains you want to watch that week in week out? I mean I love winning but isn't half the modern day problem the media have driven us to wanting to win but by playing like pep and klopp sides.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Yes we lost, away, by 1 goal, to a very decent side. Yes it's been a crap season, but this ridiculous hate is achieving nothing. 

You didn't watch the game then? 

• Haha 1

I think above all, we are Leicester City supporters and want the best for our club. If we can get a better manager, great I will support that. If we can’t we are changing for the sake of changing.

If people think Rodgers should go, then we should be thinking about who should be next and who would do a better job with the resources available.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do you feel we have played well overall this season?

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

You didn't watch the game then? 

Did you miss the bit where I said it'd been a crap season? 

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

At least we went out by giving it a right good go eh..

• Haha 1

Too much emotional overreaction. Next season will be a transition year with fresh players and new scouting too. Bad idea to restart the entire project unless there's a long-term coach available who wants to build something. I imagine Potter will be Leicester's next manager if Brighton do decent again next year. Brendan Rodgers didn't turn into a shit manager overnight. This year's injury list was horrendous and hopefully force prep changes over summer.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

We needed a plan B tonight, someone like Ulloa to come on, hold the ball up. Win free kicks and give them a different option to think about. Or even throw a centre half forward with 15 mins to go Ala Steve Walsh. 

He would never choose those options. 

Now this I agree with. Been mentioned on twitter but we needed a tammy 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Did you miss the bit where I said it'd been a crap season? 

I caught the bit where you said:

"Yes we lost, away, by 1 goal, to a very decent side"

We lost because we are dross and tactically awful and play anti-football.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You picked Sam over Jose was my point. Is that because you don't believe we could get Jose?

But my point still remains you want to watch that week in week out? I mean I love winning but isn't half the modern day problem the media have driven us to wanting to win but by playing like pep and klopp sides.

I didnt pick Sam over Jose but I can bet a big sam team would have had more attempts on goal and kept it tighter at the back in one of the biggest games in the clubs history. 

I almost hate watching us play at the minute, its unbelievably dull. I dont care about results, i’d rather the team went out week in week out with the intent of winning a football game. The only thing we can say about Leicester under Rodger this season is that the team go out to win the possession stats and thats it. 

We can do better and we deserve better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Of course it does. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but our owners went all in. Paid millions in compensation, extended and improved his contract I just would love to know where we go,  we ain't getting pep, klopp, ten haag (would have been my choice)  by the way,  don't want a Dyche, Jose, type personally although I accept the later is a winner. 

Just think it's really easy to call for him to go then complain at the successor picked 

Lest be honest if we hadn't have had 2016, 2 top 5 finishes and an FA CUP is as good as its ever got.

Right so just because you can't come up with a suitable replacement  we should put up with this awful brand of dreary negative  football, with the same mistakes being made time and time again by the same manager without challenging his right to continue as the manager? You have no say in who are manger is or will be, not now or at any other time. A replacement is clearly needed so let the owners get one , and the sooner the better.

• Like 1

I hate the possession based bollocks that we play… where it doesn’t go forward… but we have to be in possession…

players in forwards positions where we may have to thread a ball… but we pass sideways/backwards for possessions sake.

tonight..at 1-0 down we needed to take risks, but we played as dull as shit..

it’s methodical, it’s a plan A, and if plan A doesn’t work, we continue to play plan A…

we have gone out of the competition tonight by not giving it a go.. so disappointing.. 

• Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

I caught the bit where you said:

"Yes we lost, away, by 1 goal, to a very decent side"

We lost because we are dross and tactically awful and play anti-football.

Excuse me, were we playing Plymouth Argyle? No we were playing a top European side, believe it or not, they were trying to win too. If we didn't attack as much as you'd like, it was because they defended well. 

• Haha 4

Playing staff and non playing staff let us down massively tonight but in reality it’s been piss poor for a little while now. Huge overhaul needed to progress this club and it saddens me to say it but I’m not sure BR is the man for it anymore.I’ve backed him to the hilt but tonight has really, really done it for me. 

The near future is going to be very, very tricky. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 3