Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

I didnt pick Sam over Jose but I can bet a big sam team would have had more attempts on goal and kept it tighter at the back in one of the biggest games in the clubs history. 

I almost hate watching us play at the minute, its unbelievably dull. I dont care about results, i’d rather the team went out week in week out with the intent of winning a football game. The only thing we can say about Leicester under Rodger this season is that the team go out to win the possession stats and thats it. 

We can do better and we deserve better.

Kept it tighter we conceded one goal didn't we?

And I must be missing something if big Sam has a reputation for going out to win games especially against the big sides. Forged a reputation on frustrating didn't he. Check our record, pur issue is on nights like tonight we can't break sides down, we often upset the big sides. Because they come out and play.

14 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Two big problems for me. Firstly the disconnect between how he describes his teams playing (with pace and aggression) and how we actually look. Secondly his recent record shows on transfers ahead of what looks like a bit of a summer rebuild squad wise.

Could very well be the two are interlinked with squad players too comfortable resulting in the squad overall not being hungry enough. It all just looks a bit static.

Big call coming for Top to either back or sack. And I’m not talking about his shaving ritual!

He didnt say we played with pace and aggression surely ?

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think above all, we are Leicester City supporters and want the best for our club. If we can get a better manager, great I will support that. If we can’t we are changing for the sake of changing.

If people think Rodgers should go, then we should be thinking about who should be next and who would do a better job with the resources available.

We don't have to come up with a replacement to have an opinion that it's time for Rogers to go. But yes everyone can speculate on a new manager as soon as the owners get rid of him. No point in speculating now though.

• Like 2

Just now, Bayfox said:

Kept it tighter we conceded one goal didn't we?

And I must be missing something if big Sam has a reputation for going out to win games especially against the big sides. Forged a reputation on frustrating didn't he. Check our record, pur issue is on nights like tonight we can't break sides down, we often upset the big sides. Because they come out and play.

We conceded one goal because tactically our 5’7 right back was chosen to mark their 6’3 striker. 

Not a mistake that would have been made under Sam Allladyce.

No he wouldnt have gone all out attack but with the tie poised at 1-1 he would have utilised the counter attack far more effectively. 

I dont even want big sam but he would have done better than Rodgers tonight. 

• Like 2

Just now, Webbo said:

Excuse me, were we playing Plymouth Argyle? No we were playing a top European side, believe it or not, they were trying to win too. If we didn't attack as much as you'd like, it was because they defended well. 

1st statement is incorrect. They were trying to win. There is no too. We literally didn't turn up or even look up for it. 

2nd statement, we didn't have a shot on target unti the 78th minute. In a European semi-final. 

Your original statement sounded very Brendan like, almost as if we should have expected to lose "well, we were away and they are a wonderful club with great fans and it was only the one goal, I was expecting it to be three or four to be honest". 

We didn't turn up

We were tactically poor

We tried to mark their key striker on set pieces with a player 2 foot shorter.

We had no ideas going forward

We created nothing

We passed it around at the back and kept going backwards like It was an mid-table end of season nothing game

There was no passion or fire

There was a lack of quality in every position.

Just a reminder this was a European cup semi-final which makes the list of things above (which have been an issue all season and at the back end of the previous two) even more unforgiveable. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We don't have to come up with a replacement to have an opinion that it's time for Rogers to go. But yes everyone can speculate on a new manager as soon as the owners get rid of him. No point in speculating now though.

Surely, it’s the biggest thing isn’t it? Who will replace him? If there is someone better out there then replace him, if there isn’t then we should stick with what we’ve got?

4 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Right so just because you can't come up with a suitable replacement  we should put up with this awful brand of dreary negative  football, with the same mistakes being made time and time again by the same manager without challenging his right to continue as the manager? You have no say in who are manger is or will be, not now or at any other time. A replacement is clearly needed so let the owners get one , and the sooner the better.

No because you can't and as you say it's up to our owners and guess what. They can't either. Hence why they went all in on him, haven't sacked him, extended and improved his contract.  And that dress negative football is responsible for 2 of the what 4 best finishes in over 130 years and pur 1st fa cup. 

But yeah cleary you know better.

I'm not actually saying I want him gone or he's the messiah but I'm trusting the owners and for about 20 million reasons they ain't sacking him. But feel free to email them with your suggestions. 

Fix the corner situation 

A keeper that commands the high balls would be a good start moving forward.
Rather have an average all rounder than an “excellent shot shopper” with an inability to claim high balls that has seen us concede 17 plus corners.

Squad needs needs refreshing badly.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

1st statement is incorrect. They were trying to win. There is no too. We literally didn't turn up or even look up for it. 

2nd statement, we didn't have a shot on target unti the 78th minute. In a European semi-final. 

Your original statement sounded very Brendan like, almost as if we should have expected to lose "well, we were away and they are a wonderful club with great fans and it was only the one goal, I was expecting it to be three or four to be honest". 

We didn't turn up

We were tactically poor

We tried to mark their key striker on set pieces with a player 2 foot shorter.

We had no ideas going forward

We created nothing

We passed it around at the back and kept going backwards like It was an mid-table end of season nothing game

There was no passion or fire

There was a lack of quality in every position.

Just a reminder this was a European cup semi-final which makes the list of things above (which have been an issue all season and at the back end of the previous two) even more unforgiveable. 

So we turned up hoping to lose? 

Right oh mate. I don't think there's much point in continuing this conversation. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

We conceded one goal because tactically our 5’7 right back was chosen to mark their 6’3 striker. 

Not a mistake that would have been made under Sam Allladyce.

No he wouldnt have gone all out attack but with the tie poised at 1-1 he would have utilised the counter attack far more effectively. 

I dont even want big sam but he would have done better than Rodgers tonight. 

I'll give the choice of marking.

But utilised the counter attack lol I'm actually almost crying. Counter attack a jose side that knew it was job done and barely left their half. 

Our gapping flaw for seasons has been the fact that the likes of madders and youri who are meant to be world class can't open a side up when it sits in.

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yep he did. Just the usual post match delusional clap trap we have come to expect from him I'm afraid.

Amazed….or am I..

No, in fact I’m not because he usually sees a different fave to everyone else ..

who actually ran at them ?????

As much as I hate everything about Liverpool, the way Klopp refers to his team as mentality monsters is basically the opposite of what this team is under Rodgers. We're soft, lacking any characters or leaders, and in pretty much every big game of the last 3 years we have bottled, with the exception of the FA Cup final (dubious VAR offside saved us, if Chelsea had equalised we would have 100% lost.) 

Who really thought even with half hour left we were going to get back into that game and create anything significant?

So many players have been at the club for a long time, so I'm not buying this bollocks that we are a young side and still learning. The likes of Soyuncu, Tielemans, Ndidi etc have been hear for almost 5 years each, we should have the know how to grind out wins in Europe by now against a team who showed no ambition across the 2 legs.

Massive rebuild job in the summer, can see close to double figure amount of players from the 1st team squad moving on, and I'm not sure I trust Rodgers to get the right characters in given his track record of signings here.

Tonight was a culmination of 3 years of Brendan Rodgers, and a single FA Cup and 2 5th Place finishes given the positions we were in during those seasons has to represent disappointment. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Excuse me, were we playing Plymouth Argyle? No we were playing a top European side, believe it or not, they were trying to win too. If we didn't attack as much as you'd like, it was because they defended well. 

Is it remotely possible in your view that perhaps, just sometimes, we might play badly? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bayfox said:

I'll give the choice of marking.

But utilised the counter attack lol I'm actually almost crying. Counter attack a jose side that knew it was job done and barely left their half. 

Our gapping flaw for seasons has been the fact that the likes of madders and youri who are meant to be world class can't open a side up when it sits in.

It was only job done because they scored a goal due to a tactical error from management.

If they didnt score so early with the home advantage at some point they would have had to come onto us. Making them more prone to the counter.

Speculation aside, it was a disgusting performance and for a manager paid 10 million pounds a year we should expect better. 

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Surely, it’s the biggest thing isn’t it? Who will replace him? If there is someone better out there then replace him, if there isn’t then we should stick with what we’ve got?

Stick with what we've got? are you serious? Why stick with a manager who is taking the club backwards on a fast track trajectory? Did you see that turgid excuse for a game we played tonight? our biggest game in the clubs European history and Rogers carried on playing the negative pissing about at the back tactics that have never worked and and put a 5ft 9 defender on their 6ft 3  attacker , I mean what could go wrong? Then he sits there scribbling on a note pad. The King isn't wearing any clothes.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Is it remotely possible in your view that perhaps, just sometimes, we might play badly? 

Obviously we didn't play as well as the other team or we wouldn't have lost. Am I missing something about your point here? 

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So we turned up hoping to lose? 

Right oh mate. I don't think there's much point in continuing this conversation. 

We turned up hoping to win, no doubt. But hope doesn't win games does it, you actually have to turn up and play. It's not rocket science. Don't worry about ignoring all the valid points I've raised. I'll get over it. 

But I'm glad you thought we were clearly massive underdogs and shouldn't have any gripes. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

It was only job done because they scored a goal due to a tactical error from management.

If they didnt score so early with the home advantage at some point they would have had to come onto us. Making them more prone to the counter.

Speculation aside, it was a disgusting performance and for a manager paid 10 million pounds a year we should expect better. 

I'm gonna leave it at IF.

I have no disagreement there.

But you brought up counter attack. And I think the last time I saw big sam offer anything he had Jay Jay, a bloke called youri himself. And that's a long time ago.

I just feel angry and upset. He’s obviously put all his eggs in one basket and we were absolutely woeful  and it’s ruined the season as  he’s clearly not been bothered about the league for weeks now so we’re left with nothing to play for or fight for.  If we put in such an inept performance in a must win  game  like today, how can he expect players to fight for meaningless   End of season prem games? How on earth he can even try and put a positive spin on the game today is beyond me.

I just want him to go away and to never come back. I want him to disappear.

20 minutes ago, Webbo said:

but it’s not just that we didn’t attack. It’s that we couldn’t even get a shot on target until about the 75th minute. We’d had several shots before that but couldn’t even  get one on target… and it’s easy to say they might have defending well when they were playing at home against a team playing 5 at the back with a lone striker… the problem isn’t the losing, most people can cope with that as long as we at least put up a fight  and make some effort… but passing back to the GK from a corner when you are losing late into the second half is just indefensible..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

No because you can't and as you say it's up to our owners and guess what. They can't either. Hence why they went all in on him, haven't sacked him, extended and improved his contract.  And that dress negative football is responsible for 2 of the what 4 best finishes in over 130 years and pur 1st fa cup. 

But yeah cleary you know better.

I'm not actually saying I want him gone or he's the messiah but I'm trusting the owners and for about 20 million reasons they ain't sacking him. But feel free to email them with your suggestions. 

They sacked Ranieri the season after we won the prem title.  And how do you know they " they can't either" ? believe me if they see their investment going tits up because of a bad manager they won't hesitate in getting rid. They have form for it.

The thing is., we knew how Roma would line up, we knew how Roma would line up should they take the lead.

But we showed no urgency whatsoever unfortunately and got what we deserved..

wish we had a die trying approach

Just now, MPH said:

but it’s not just that we didn’t attack. It’s that we couldn’t even get a shot on target until about the 75th minute. We’d had several shots before that but couldn’t even  get one on target… and it’s easy to say they might have defending well when they were playing at home against a team playing 5 at the back with a lone striker…

3 at the back, but only in the second half, when we did actually have some shots on target. 

Did anyone actually think we'd get to a European final this season? I mean, sure, we were in with a shout, but did anyone actually predict we'd win a trophy?