Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

They sacked Ranieri the season after we won the prem title.  And how do you know they " they can't either" ? believe me if they see their investment going tits up because of a bad manager they won't hesitate in getting rid. They have form for it.

They sacked him because it was going south rapidly. Infact I'd have sacked him in Nov/Dec the CL saved him. We aren't in danger of going down unless we start next season in taster peeler style.

The money men/ Susan might not like it but 1 game a week next season may benefit us. 

• Like 2

It all comes down to bar anything, Rodgers assigning Ricky to mark Abraham. When he's scored countless goals this season, with the shortest man marker in the team. When Lesta are awful at corners. Absolute negligence. Criminal negligence in a semi final. I couldn't believe it. 

2 minutes ago, Diffco said:

It all comes down to bar anything, Rodgers assigning Ricky to mark Abraham. When he's scored countless goals this season, with the shortest man marker in the team. When Lesta are awful at corners. Absolute negligence. Criminal negligence in a semi final. I couldn't believe it. 

And yet the very next corner it was exactly the same and Abraham had a free header again. 

Just now, Webbo said:

3 at the back, but only in the second half, when we did actually have some shots on target. 

Did anyone actually think we'd get to a European final this season? I mean, sure, we were in with a shout, but did anyone actually predict we'd win a trophy? 

We were favourites for the Europa league 

So yeah quite a few predicted it 

“Leicester City and Napoli are deemed the favourites to win the Europa League from the outset of the competition, with bet365 offering odds of 14/1 on the Group C duo.”

So considering this was the tin pot version yeah expectations were high

• Like 4

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

And yet the very next corner it was exactly the same and Abraham had a free header again. 

It's a damn semi final innit, it's not a friendly or random fixture. At the very least have a bloody effective gameplay?! It beggared belief

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

We were favourites for the Europa league 

So yeah quite a few predicted it 

“Leicester City and Napoli are deemed the favourites to win the Europa League from the outset of the competition, with bet365 offering odds of 14/1 on the Group C duo.”

So considering this was the tin pot version yeah expectations were high

Im not interested in what the bookies say, did anyone on here predict it. 

Perspective is needed.

we’ve had bad injuries this season, we have the 9th highest wage bill in the league (albeit a manager who is paid 4th highest). So really a top half finish is OK.

Rodgers Is a decent manager.. what worries me is he talks about a big re-build? I disagree we need 2-3 quality additions. For the wages we pay we won’t get better than a spine of Kasper, Evans, Ndidi, Vardy. 

I don’t think we should sack him but we need to be careful he doesn’t sign a bunch of Bertrand and Vestergaards.. that’s been his biggest crime this season 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Im not interested in what the bookies say, did anyone on here predict it. 

No....Because we are all completely aware of Rodgers's terrible managerial record in Europe.

We have the Squad to win the Europa League, looking at the 4 sides in the Semis.

But we have the most overrated Manager, by the British Media, in European Football.

I'd back us to have got to the Semis/Final with David Moyes in charge. He can organise a side, improve players and has far superior recruitment compared to Rodgers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Well being favourites for a competition is a good barometer for expectations, so I'm pretty sure people will have.

Favourites very often don't win, but that's not what I'm asking. 

28 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So we turned up hoping to lose? 

Right oh mate. I don't think there's much point in continuing this conversation. 

You could say that about literally any opposing opinion to yours.

Of course we tried to win.

Our efforts were just some way short of satisfactory, which is becoming all too commonplace.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Obviously we didn't play as well as the other team or we wouldn't have lost. Am I missing something about your point here? 

Yes. You seem to jump to our defence regardless of circumstance. 

Sometimes when football teams lose, it's because they didn't do as much as they could have done. It isn't always the case that the opposition just happened to be a better team.

There's an element of performance which plays a factor in the outcome of sport events.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

You could say that about literally any opposing opinion to yours.

Of course we tried to win.

Our efforts were just some way short of satisfactory, which is becoming all too commonplace.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Yes. You seem to jump to our defence regardless of circumstance. 

Sometimes when football teams lose, it's because they didn't do as much as they could have done. It isn't always the case that the opposition just happened to be a better team.

There's an element of performance which plays a factor in the outcome of sport events.

I respect your opinion, honest. 

48 minutes ago, Webbo said:

3 at the back, but only in the second half, when we did actually have some shots on target. 

Did anyone actually think we'd get to a European final this season? I mean, sure, we were in with a shout, but did anyone actually predict we'd win a trophy? 

Lol did anyone predict we would be a bottom half premier league team? Because that’s the way it’s looking.

Just got back in now after being held in the ground for a decade. 

I think most championship sides would have given them more of a game than we did tonight. Slow, ponderous and sclerotic football. A change is needed, he needs to go.

Edited by Stadt

We’re a cm away from hearing “brilliant strategic nous by Rodgers, getting us booted from Europe so we can contend in the league with a smaller squad.”

Edited by Deeg67

Losing to Forest was unforgivable, and that set the rot in motion for this season. If we give him the summer and are still floundering we will really be in the shitter, best case scenario is for us to get a new manager in the summer and rebuild.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

No....Because we are all completely aware of Rodgers's terrible managerial record in Europe.

We have the Squad to win the Europa League, looking at the 4 sides in the Semis.

But we have the most overrated Manager, by the British Media, in European Football.

I'd back us to have got to the Semis/Final with David Moyes in charge. He can organise a side, improve players and has far superior recruitment compared to Rodgers.

Why is David Moyes coming to Leicester City?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm backing Brendan. In 6 months we'll be blowing teams away again. Remember this post.

Interesting way to win a game. But if you think about it, post blow they will be passed out on the pitch  and we just go bang one in the goal. Great plan but wouldn't want to be one of our players.

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What the f*** does he write when he taking notes within 10minutes of the start.

Haven't seen any other manager do this!

Making a grocery list mate.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

didn’t have a shot on target until the 75th minute! That’s worse than Terrible!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Lol did anyone predict we would be a bottom half premier league team? Because that’s the way it’s looking.

I mean it’s not is it, if we drop more than three points at home to Everton and Narch you may have a point, otherwise you are chatting sensationalist nonsense.

• Haha 1