Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

No....Because we are all completely aware of Rodgers's terrible managerial record in Europe.

We have the Squad to win the Europa League, looking at the 4 sides in the Semis.

But we have the most overrated Manager, by the British Media, in European Football.

I'd back us to have got to the Semis/Final with David Moyes in charge. He can organise a side, improve players and has far superior recruitment compared to Rodgers.

You say this, but what has Moyes ever won in his career?

Football is about winning trophies and as far as I am aware Moyes has won nothing in the game, yes he had good spells at Everton and West Ham, but, hasn’t ever won anything.

Dont know, dont need Moyes at Leicester.

The guy got sent off for booting a ball at a girls head today and then instead of apologizing he said the ball sat up nicely for the volley. He also sympathized with Kourt Zouma after he abused his cats, he said the squad needs a vaccination diversity so a few unvaccinated players wouldnt hurt and to top it all off told a female reporter that he'd slap her if she asked naughty questions again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Perspective is needed.

we’ve had bad injuries this season, we have the 9th highest wage bill in the league (albeit a manager who is paid 4th highest). So really a top half finish is OK.

Rodgers Is a decent manager.. what worries me is he talks about a big re-build? I disagree we need 2-3 quality additions. For the wages we pay we won’t get better than a spine of Kasper, Evans, Ndidi, Vardy. 

I don’t think we should sack him but we need to be careful he doesn’t sign a bunch of Bertrand and Vestergaards.. that’s been his biggest crime this season 

Sadly I think Vardy is gone. Time was always going to creep up on him. Evans is getting towards the end of his career. Ndidi was awful this season, and that's worrying, whilst Kasper, albeit a wonderful shot stopper, is still making the same mistakes he did as a callow keeper. Pessimistoc? Maybe but probably realistic. So building around those might not be the best strategy. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

He has destroyed everything that has made Leicester what it was in the past 10 years.  Its all gone.  There is nothing left.  He has to go.  He can't be trusted to rebuild what he has fvcked up.

These types of posts really confuse me. 

Destroyed Leicester from the past 10 years? 

10yrs ago we were under Pearson and had fight, yeah so I get the sentiment 

5yrs ago we had Puel and played pretty turgid football and won nothing, but rebuilt a squad 

We've now reached the end of what was that rebuild having won 2 trophies, had 2 European tours and now clearly need another refresh. 

He's destroyed nothing, just as with every side, the team needs a refresh 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It does feel like we have reached a major cross road. He has been given dough.  According to Transfer markt website £110m over last 2 seasons. The way we have lost our way throughout his reign for long periods worries. If it was my money I'd be nervous about investing further in him. My hope is their's a good replacement out there  , and there's a good lawyer who can exit us from Rodger's reign without a massive pay off.

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t get why people think that getting the manager gone will suddenly change everything. The squad needs a refresh. Rodgers has proven throughout his career that he’s good enough to manage a side of our quality - we need to give him the start of next season with a few new players and see where we’re at, if nothing changes then then is the time to question him, but how can he make things suddenly happen with players that simply aren’t capable of doing what he wants them to? 

The manager is everything.

Look at Newcastle, absolute rubbish who were destined to go down with their players unable to do the basics. They changed the manager and he changed the fortunes of that team with only a couple of additions to the squad, now they play like Champions League contenders and are above us in the league 

Coaching is everything. Rodgers has proven time and time again that he isn't up to scratch.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John12345 said:

It does feel like we have reached a major cross road. He has been given dough.  According to Transfer markt website £110m over last 2 seasons. The way we have lost our way throughout his reign for long periods worries. If it was my money I'd be nervous about investing further in him. My hope is their's a good replacement out there  , and there's a good lawyer who can exit us from Rodger's reign without a massive pay off.

If you want to, and expect to challenge the top Six £110m over two seasons is peanuts. Especially when one of those signings, Fofana, is worth just about that value on his own.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

There will definitely be some awkward conversations had over the coming days. Don’t be naïve enough to think those who run the club won’t pull the trigger, they’ve sacked the man who won us the premier league. If they feel Brendan’s time is up, they will make the move. 

He possibly hasn’t achieved anything on this seasons targets, and with the potential of not even making the top ten being on the cards, he could be in serious trouble. 

Plus, he’s waffles on about a refresh, when we’ve probably spent the most money in a pre-season than we ever have before, and have less than nothing to show for it. 

He’s a dead man walking in my opinion.

There is no way, In my opinion, Rodgers goes without it being his decision.

Did we really spend that much preseason? Daka, Soumare and Vestergaard were the only signings we made for money a grand total of about £55m. We didn’t heavily invest, unless I’m completely forgetting someone. Some clubs are spending that on one player alone.

I agree we haven’t achieved this season targets and that is disappointing, I think preseason we would have all aimed for a top 6 finish and a decent run in one of the cups. Maybe 1/4 of the Europa League. The obvious disappointments this season were games in the group stage of the EL and that game down the road. At times it’s not been good enough, but there have been mitigating circumstances. 

I would back the ownership model we have to understand this, reinvest in the summer and go again next season.

The talk of the refresh is largely due to two factors; it’s clear Soyuncu and Tielemans want to move on to better things, they both have had rumours of CL football teams coming in for them and when Real Madrid come knocking heads are turned no matter who you play for. It is also clear some of the backup players aren’t up to playing for a top six club; Choudhury, Perez, Mendy, Amartey that next line who you need to step up when we have injuries simply aren’t at the level required, they need to be moved on and better players brought in.

It’s not a full rebuild, but there is a minimum of six that will need replacing, that’s a significant summer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I think it's a fair point, we have too few players who actually want to head the ball. Coaching has absolutely played a part no doubt about it, but we are lacking people who want to go and head the ball. 

Amartey replaced Ricardo and on the first corner he didn't even jump, he just held onto Abraham.  

But the players have had that previously, we've defended set pieces successfully in past seasons, how much have the squad has changed?

It all just looks very clueless, when it really shouldn't be. I don't get how a group of professional players all make the same repeated errors time and time again. Players who have in the past been commended for their defensive displays before don't suddenly lose their ability to defend a box. It really wouldn't surprise me if we have taken something so simple as how to defend and make it some form of master piece that has back fired big time.

4 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Dont know, dont need Moyes at Leicester.

The guy got sent off for booting a ball at a girls head today and then instead of apologizing he said the ball sat up nicely for the volley. He also sympathized with Kourt Zouma after he abused his cats, he said the squad needs a vaccination diversity so a few unvaccinated players wouldnt hurt and to top it all off told a female reporter that he'd slap her if she asked naughty questions again.

Always thought with Moyes you didn't need to look too deep beneath the veneer to see the true article.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Surely, it’s the biggest thing isn’t it? Who will replace him? If there is someone better out there then replace him, if there isn’t then we should stick with what we’ve got?

That's got to be the most stupid excuse for not sacking a totally inept manager I've ever heard.

Unless the fans come up with a viable alternative we just keep him, no matter what? How good does the candidate have to be to be better than Rogers? Do we judge them on number of sideways passes or % possession in own half?

Just out of interest can you name Burnley's new manager and the supporter who chose him. What? an unknown manager whose transformed a team without having to waste millions? Can't happen here though can it? Not if you listen to the Rogers PR machine 

• Like 1

Just now, DanDare said:

That's got to be the most stupid excuse for not sacking a totally inept manager I've ever heard.

Unless the fans come up with a viable alternative we just keep him, no matter what? How good does the candidate have to be to be better than Rogers? Do we judge them on number of sideways passes or % possession in own half?

Just out of interest can you name Burnley's new manager and the supporter who chose him. What? an unknown manager whose transformed a team without having to waste millions? Can't happen here though can it? Not if you listen to the Rogers PR machine 

I think you’ve completely misunderstood what I’m saying.

I’m saying the single most important factor in if you sack a manager is can you get a better one? If yes, then go and get that better manager, if no, then don’t get rid of what you have.

If we want to be challenging for top six and winning trophies, I think that’s everyone’s expectations for the club right now? How about we judge a manager on what they’ve won? 

• Haha 1

The biggest question is replace him with whom ? I was a staunch defender of Rodgers but reality is the squad has gone backwards,  for me he has earned another season to try rectify that

the rebuild that’s need is massive 

kasper is no longer a top keeper, decent shot stopper but he sprays the ball like my dad sprays his wee all over the floor in the middle of the night ! 

evans is older than my uncle and he has 6 kids !  Needs to go 

youri Has been diabolical and very unprofessional, he wants to go and is going 

vardy: well is plain to see by all he has about 10-12 games in him next year ! He was very poor these last few games and reality is we need his huge wages for a replacement, he needs to go really 

Barnes : stopped developing after signing a huge contract, lost his hunger really, squad player 

Perez/Daka/Mendy …. All poor need to go 

HUGE rebuild needed 

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think you’ve completely misunderstood what I’m saying.

I’m saying the single most important factor in if you sack a manager is can you get a better one? If yes, then go and get that better manager, if no, then don’t get rid of what you have.

If we want to be challenging for top six and winning trophies, I think that’s everyone’s expectations for the club right now? How about we judge a manager on what they’ve won? 

Its not even about getting a better manager who has won loads of trophies at this point but one that will get the best out of this squad. 

I doubt we’d sack him. 

He’s a great coach for 2 years. The shot in the arm he gave us after Puel can’t be denied. Since then, we’ve had these bumps in the road and it’s just dire football so watch at times. 

He's too nice, and that comes across on the pitch. Jose is a b****rd and that showed last night through their players. Can any of ours say they left it all on the pitch last night like they did? I doubt it.

Sometimes I wonder what game he's watching with some of his post match comments!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

There is no way, In my opinion, Rodgers goes without it being his decision.

Did we really spend that much preseason? Daka, Soumare and Vestergaard were the only signings we made for money a grand total of about £55m. We didn’t heavily invest, unless I’m completely forgetting someone. Some clubs are spending that on one player alone.

I agree we haven’t achieved this season targets and that is disappointing, I think preseason we would have all aimed for a top 6 finish and a decent run in one of the cups. Maybe 1/4 of the Europa League. The obvious disappointments this season were games in the group stage of the EL and that game down the road. At times it’s not been good enough, but there have been mitigating circumstances. 

I would back the ownership model we have to understand this, reinvest in the summer and go again next season.

The talk of the refresh is largely due to two factors; it’s clear Soyuncu and Tielemans want to move on to better things, they both have had rumours of CL football teams coming in for them and when Real Madrid come knocking heads are turned no matter who you play for. It is also clear some of the backup players aren’t up to playing for a top six club; Choudhury, Perez, Mendy, Amartey that next line who you need to step up when we have injuries simply aren’t at the level required, they need to be moved on and better players brought in.

It’s not a full rebuild, but there is a minimum of six that will need replacing, that’s a significant summer.

Totally agree & perfectly explained.

Last night’s game was a microcosm of what this Rodgers-led team has become.

Plenty of possession. Next to no penetration. Set piece humiliation. And precious little passion.

We are a team stuck in neutral, and until or unless the manager recognises and admits that his favoured playing style is no longer productive (and furthermore that a sizeable percentage of fans are bored to tears by it), this is how it will remain.

• Like 4