Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thats a fair point. As suggested by (Lord) Brendan, can you coach aggression into Daniel Amartey? Can you make want to win the ball?

Yes you can and you can also coach it out of players. Soyuncu is supposed to be one of the most aggressive players in the squad that ‘loves causing pain’ yet last week he bottled a 50/50 in the most disgraceful fashion. 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

But if it's such an issue he's had enough budget over the time he's been here to identify it. Aggression and positivity aren't the same but okay. 

Interested to know your thoughts on his young team comments?

The bit in italic, its an excuse in my opinion, if he feels the youth needs supplementing, he should have done this already. much much earlier in his tenure.

Does this warrant sacking him? No, of course not.

But someone like Craig Dawson, very unfashionable, our fans would largely be unwhelmed by andyet West Ham showed great savvy in getting him on board (Hindsight I agree)

These are types of players we would greatly benfit from, but in my suspicious mind, Brendan does not want such strong figures, and younger players can be more easily moulded and controlled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Even the staunchest backer of Brendan must be struggling now lol

The excuses are no longer there and we're suffering from his play style and lack of motivation in the squad. We played last night as if it was a end of season midtable league game

I reckon some of my mates will find some reasons. I don’t know though as I left the WhatsApp group in a mardy last night 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Interested to know your thoughts on his young team comments?

Its total rubbish of course, we are not a young team. If you include Castagne and Ndidi in that team , our average age is mid to late twenties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Yes you can and you can also coach it out of players. Soyuncu is supposed to be one of the most aggressive players in the squad that ‘loves causing pain’ yet last week he bottled a 50/50 in the most disgraceful fashion. 

Not sure, seem differing opinions on the ability to do so   :dunno:

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The bit in italic, its an excuse in my opinion, if he feels the youth needs supplementing, he should have done this already. much much earlier in his tenure.

But someone like Craig Dawson, very unfashionable, our fans would largely be unwhelmed by andyet West Ham showed great savvy in getting him on board (Hindsight I agree)

These are types of players we would greatly benfit from, but in my suspicious mind, Brendan does not want such strong figures, and younger players can be more easily moulded and controlled.

Brendan is a big part of the problem.  All the stuff he says is just narative to deflect from his own blind spots.  He has not been wise enough to surround himself with elves to compensate for his blind spots (another blind spot)

His ideas about posession are removing creativity, high intensity and aggression... but he cant see it.

Do I think top will throw him out?  No... but he should.

I appreciate that other opinions are available... but next season looks dire with Brendan.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If he actually held himself accountable for more things and was a bit more honest on that front I'd be more understanding.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no doubt what so ever that it this fraud stays, we'll be next seasons Everton.

The way we have regressed, with the funding, players and infrastructure that we have is shocking and if the owner is willing to stand for this kind of return, he's a mug.

Need a complete clear out and that  begins with the manager.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Not really, last night doesn’t change anything for me. We were just beaten by a better side. 

Absolutely we were but wasn't our miraculous run in the conference league being used as an excuse for our dismal domestic campaign. Also its fine being beaten by better sides but at least have a go! 

I’m honestly done with football until Rodgers has gone now. I genuinely can’t bare to watch us play under him. The cracks that begun 18 months ago are now well and truly exposed

Im not spending any more money not time following his pathetic style of football 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

I have absolutely no doubt what so ever that it this fraud stays, we'll be next seasons Everton.

The way we have regressed, with the funding, players and infrastructure that we have is shocking and if the owner is willing to stand for this kind of return, he's a mug.

Nah we'll be a Brighton next season and then an Everton the next 

• Haha 1

It's just strange because these are mostly the same players that had two consecutive top 6 finishes plus won the FA Cup. Several players have regressed or stood still. Soyuncu, Barnes and Tielemans. A few others like Vardy and Evans just got age caught up with them. I want Rodgers to get another season because he has done a lot for the club but I fear another mediocre season coming up, especially if Rodgers is heading the rebuild. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 19:56, snoopy87 said:

Has to win the Conference League or he has to go. Its the same issues, over, and Iver again, regardless of personal in the side. Even if we win in Europe, I'm still not sold he's the right man. He's living off the goodwill of the FA cup this season. Our end to this year is exactly as the past 2 have gone 

Stand by this even more this morning. Wasn't so much as a whimper we went out with last night. All the eggs into the European basket just to turn that out!

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I have absolutely no doubt what so ever that it it this fraud stays, we'll be next seasons Everton.

Paying off Rodgers will take out a significant portion of our transfer budget that's the problem. 

I think Brendan can easily turn around and point at his record:

19/20 - 5th - Injury hit, having to play Ryan Bennett after he wasn't backed in January

20/21 - 5th & FA Cup win

21/22 - Conference League Semi and lets say 9th-12th finish - Injury hit again.

Now, his transfers this summer were pretty abysmal, but are they Brendan signings? Are they Congerton who's now gone? Even looking back, whilst Rodgers obviously wanted to bring in Perez, did he sanction the 30m fee or was that Rudkin & Congerton?

He 100% needs to focus on the injury problems, but with no European football next year, he's in a perfect position to do so.

If we back him, and get our recruitment right, there is no reason to think we can't be chasing Europe next year - which is a good season for us.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not buying this 'players are getting off lightly' nonsense either. All season the individual player threads have been full of criticism whilst this one has been full of excuses 

Yeah that’s why all the player threads are 750 pages long 😂

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Paying off Rodgers will take out a significant portion of our transfer budget that's the problem. 

It is a problem, but sometimes the biggest risks pay the biggest rewards.

Centering a team rebuild around an incompetent manager is only going to end one way.

I think the time has come to cut our losses and get rid, regardless of the financial hit.

It's like paying 10k for a nice car, that keeps going wrong. Do you keep taking financial hits trying to right continuous problems, or do you cut your losses and get rid of the problem at source.

If we got rid of Rodgers, and got into Europe, the decision pays for itself rather than sitting mid table for the next 3 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Whatever your opinion of BR, calling him a fraud instantly discounts any validity of what's being said. It's just lazy internet /pub gob speak. 

People need to offer a solution for a replacement manager then who is better and who we can get. This guy won us the FA cup and led us to two top 6 finishes. People are getting ahead of themselves calling him a fraud. Just because we finished mid table one season he is useless and a fraud? I’ve read some comments on here suggesting we should get Nigel Pearson back ffs. Are you for real? You have to take the rough with the smooth. When we were going for champions league the same posters calling him a fraud now were probably calling him a genius then. People need to calm down. He goes on a good run at the start of next season playing some good stuff people will be straight back up his arse again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joefox said:

People need to offer a solution for a replacement manager then who is better and who we can get. This guy won us the FA cup and led us to two top 6 finishes. People are getting ahead of themselves calling him a fraud. Just because we finished mid table one season he is useless and a fraud? I’ve read some comments on here suggesting we should get Nigel Pearson back ffs. Are you for real? You have to take the rough with the smooth. When we were going for champions league the same posters calling him a fraud now were probably calling him a genius then. People need to calm down. He goes on a good run at the start of next season playing some good stuff people will be straight back up his arse again.

Arne Slot is an option.