Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Personally, think we have to judge this season with caution due to injuries. Even as bad as we were last night, tactically probably set up wrong in hindsight, we’ve struggled to get the best 11 out on the pitch. Tielemans clearly wants away but we’ve had to go without Ndidi to cover him for a long period so he’s slightly deeper than normal. 
he got out foxed last night, should have started with two up top which was a mistake looking back but I thought with Barnes and Lookman we’d be more threatening. 
Think with injuries we’ve done ok, the biggest issue is the set piece defending, cost us so many goals, we’re behind in many games due to it. If we sort that and get the team fit, get someone to hold it up at the top and we’ll have a strong team again. Maybe he needs to appoint a (new) defensive coach just for set pieces?
We should stick with BR 

• Like 1

Just now, Sudjambon said:

Personally, think we have to judge this season with caution due to injuries. Even as bad as we were last night, tactically probably set up wrong in hindsight, we’ve struggled to get the best 11 out on the pitch. Tielemans clearly wants away but we’ve had to go without Ndidi to cover him for a long period so he’s slightly deeper than normal. 
he got out foxed last night, should have started with two up top which was a mistake looking back but I thought with Barnes and Lookman we’d be more threatening. 
Think with injuries we’ve done ok, the biggest issue is the set piece defending, cost us so many goals, we’re behind in many games due to it. If we sort that and get the team fit, get someone to hold it up at the top and we’ll have a strong team again. Maybe he needs to appoint a (new) defensive coach just for set pieces?
We should stick with BR 

What about the second half of last season and the season before? 

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Paying off Rodgers will take out a significant portion of our transfer budget that's the problem. 

There will be clauses in place you would imagine based on targets , not finishing top half and not qualifying for Europe it will be easier for us to pay him off.

10 minutes ago, Joefox said:

People need to offer a solution for a replacement manager then who is better and who we can get. This guy won us the FA cup and led us to two top 6 finishes. People are getting ahead of themselves calling him a fraud. Just because we finished mid table one season he is useless and a fraud? I’ve read some comments on here suggesting we should get Nigel Pearson back ffs. Are you for real? You have to take the rough with the smooth. When we were going for champions league the same posters calling him a fraud now were probably calling him a genius then. People need to calm down. He goes on a good run at the start of next season playing some good stuff people will be straight back up his arse again.

Any one that wants BR gone cannot back it up with a suitable replacement. 

There is a lack of top class managers that would come to Leicester. Look below the top 6 and is there a manager that excites you? one that would come to Leicester and do a better job? Or do you take a risk on someone from abroad? are they going to be better? Changing a manger is a risk at any point but changing one that  on a whole has been brilliant for us is just madness. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

Also the bloke’s ability to insult the intelligence of fans is unrivalled. Calling it a historic achievement to be in the semi final.

We were in this competition because we got dumped out by two mid table teams in farmers leagues in the secondary European competition.

(not that I care, given that it’s got us a trip to Rome, but to judge the situation as ‘historic’ on a footballing level is mental).

Historic achievement to be in a competition he had never heard of?

It's literally Europe's Johnstons paint trophy.

We only wanted to win it for Europa league next season. Be better off weighing what ever cup you 'won' in for scrap.

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Also the bloke’s ability to insult the intelligence of fans is unrivalled. Calling it a historic achievement to be in the semi final.

We were in this competition because we got dumped out by two mid table teams in farmers leagues in the secondary European competition.

(not that I care, given that it’s got us a trip to Rome, but to judge the situation as ‘historic’ on a footballing level is mental).

Yea think I be exact same. This was a moment to enjoy for the fans. Players haven’t done much right for this. Rodgers is just thoroughly unlikeable bloke, even if he has been a good manager for us 

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Please, stop. I'm sure people high up at the club will have spent a little time profiling and analysing potential replacements before pulling the trigger (much like they did with Rodgers before Puel got the chop). 

To suggest there isn't someone out there in the global game of football that could do a better job all because Joe Bloggs on FT can't pull a name out of a hat is such a ridiculous argument. It's not their job.

Thank you, jesus. I'm so fed up of seemingly normally quite bright people asking me "yeah but who would you replace him with?" 

If I had the answer to that the club should be paying me six figures a year ffs. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Paying off Rodgers will take out a significant portion of our transfer budget that's the problem. 

But not paying him off means virtually all of our transfer budget will be wasted and because of that any potential new manager will have nothing to rebuild with.

All academic anyway because although he's a fraud, he clearly talks the talk with Top.

Its the perambulation he has a major problem with.

Too many players know they won't be here next season and it's drained the intensity from the team. 

Rodgers will get the start of next season + the transfers to sort this out but if things don't change I can see him going quickly 

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Please, stop. I'm sure people high up at the club will have spent a little time profiling and analysing potential replacements before pulling the trigger (much like they did with Rodgers before Puel got the chop). 

To suggest there isn't someone out there in the global game of football that could do a better job all because Joe Bloggs on FT can't pull a name out of a hat is such a ridiculous argument. It's not their job.

And what happens when the next guy can’t get us in the top 6 either? Get rid of him as well? Fact is Rogers has WON things at this club and got us two of our highest finishes in the Premier League. He deserves more respect than people calling him a fraud. Finishing in the top 6 is going to very difficult no matter what manager we have. I think it’s disgusting how he gets treated by some people on here actually throwing their toys out the pram cos we’re not competing for the champions league this season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Joefox said:

And what happens when the next guy can’t get us in the top 6 either? Get rid of him as well? Fact is Rogers has WON things at this club and got us two of our highest finishes in the Premier League. He deserves more respect than people calling him a fraud. Finishing in the top 6 is going to very difficult no matter what manager we have. I think it’s disgusting how he gets treated by some people on here actually throwing their toys out the pram cos we’re not competing for the champions league this season. 

Sorry Brendan. 

4 minutes ago, Joefox said:

Regardless of where we finish the performances are rancid and we have no other style

3 minutes ago, Joefox said:

It's not a case of us not finishing top 6 though? It's that we've been stale for a calendar year and people (in my opinion, rightly) have concerns.

It's perfectly achievable to think the guy has done a respectable job but reckon a change suits all parties, here. You don't have to be angry or apologetic to either's extreme.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's not a case of us not finishing top 6 though? It's that we've been stale for a calendar year and people (in my opinion, rightly) have concerns.

It's perfectly achievable to think the guy has done a respectable job but reckon a change suits all parties, here. You don't have to be angry or apologetic to either's extreme.

It really is that simple 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanDare said:

That's got to be the most stupid excuse for not sacking a totally inept manager I've ever heard.

Unless the fans come up with a viable alternative we just keep him, no matter what? How good does the candidate have to be to be better than Rogers? Do we judge them on number of sideways passes or % possession in own half?

Just out of interest can you name Burnley's new manager and the supporter who chose him. What? an unknown manager whose transformed a team without having to waste millions? Can't happen here though can it? Not if you listen to the Rogers PR machine 

Good post, I did laugh at the Burnley supporter bit, if you do manage to get that Burnley supporters name, that found their new Manger, let me know 😂

No doubt Matt Gilles would have been given the push after losing the 61 and 63 Cup finals and finishing 4th. If many on here had been around. It is a worry how we have declined this season but can't see benefit of sacking Brendan. Let him rebuild for next season.

• Like 2