Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think you’ve completely misunderstood what I’m saying.

I’m saying the single most important factor in if you sack a manager is can you get a better one? If yes, then go and get that better manager, if no, then don’t get rid of what you have.

If we want to be challenging for top six and winning trophies, I think that’s everyone’s expectations for the club right now? How about we judge a manager on what they’ve won? 

Every manager that has ever existed had at some point in their lives won absolutely nothing.

Judging on trophies is also flawed because that is highly dependent on the players you have. Guardiola and Klopp would win nothing at Burnley, but it’s highly likely they’d be clear of relegation because they regularly get the best out of their players (Klopp in particular, look at the improvement in his players since he turned up).

You judge a manager on their philosophy and character. So we find one that suits us. Doesn’t matter if he currently coaches a youth team abroad.

The tactics and mindset are what matters when you send a team out so out of the hundreds of managers out there, there must be one who can implement those things better than the current one, who frankly could not be doing any worse on those fronts, considering the players he has at his disposal.

It's best that Rodgers leaves for both parties.

If this form carries on Rodgers reputation will take a serious dent and he'll bring us down with him. You won't get many bigger clubs willing to take a chance on him if this goes on well into 2023. The evidence will be damning on him by then.

People may not believe the board will do it but when push comes to shove they'll make the right call when they need to.

Excuses for experience or average age, doesn't cut it, we dont have a group of Thomas's.

Outside Maddison last Night who tried, our midfield/front 6, didnt have anything serious to offer.

Once again this season, their mental-aptitude & approach was non-exsistent. Maybe they really wanted it, but it surely didnt show.. again

The selected team last night, was probably the best from the practical & yes majority of the fans view.!

This group of players had the chance to Show In EOS run in, they could at least put in a co-ordinated performance ( result itself not  important)..

Rodgers does have many Major mitigating circumstance excuses....

but & this is the big but, he has not at any time this half of the season got  on any regular game period his charges to put In their all for the cause.

We now have supposedly have the best individual quality Collection of players ever..

In all our years, even In those Dark periods over decades, commitment to the

" fearless foxes"  badge carried its pride  ( to be fair mixed with touching bottom) ..

Occasionally Rodgers has touched & brought the positive side to the fore....

In all circumstances he and present players are payed more to take us into those covetted higher competitive & might I say entertaining hights..

We have  as fans do have some rights to see our exaulted Group of players & manager provide regular intensity, commitment covered performances..

In these games, its not about the two managers, no matter what many fans, & Media will have you concentrate on & believe...

For Leicester wanting to climb into with Rodgers, and Roma wanting to show with Mourinho prove their consistent European credentials..

Last night, like some occasional PL games was from the Leicester side, what the players had within themselves to Show aptitude & attitude in

bringing a Top performance...Not for the First time the fans feel really let down, not by the result, but what we had again at all to offer...

This & Not the noise on the past, & some fans total nonsense over Rodgers history.

His tenure here which or somewhat  now a roller-coaster ride of top achievements & mishits. 

Most important for me & IMHO puts his tenure in question, are those which question at This expected PL high-level a top paid manager is Not getting

his players to deliver regular all round game-performances within the major expected basics...

Read my past posts, I have Defended stood up for team & Rodgers. In all Motivation differences Rodgers & Team should be delivering those expected game

Attitudes & performances....Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton have at least..given..!!

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd just like to add that anyone saying 'I want him sacked but it's not my job to replace him' is wanting their argumentative cake and eat it (again). 

Why? Well, by your logic, it's also not your job to sack him, so that point of view is rendered null and void. 

I cant agree with this view. Its very simplistic. 

When the candidates become evident, everyone will have a view on each of those also. So sort of defeats the point here. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd just like to add that anyone saying 'I want him sacked but it's not my job to replace him' is wanting their argumentative cake and eat it (again). 

Why? Well, by your logic, it's also not your job to sack him, so that point of view is rendered null and void. 

Unfortunately the extension of your logic is that: Anyone saying that someone who wants their argument cake and eat it, has a null and void point because you don’t decide what’s allowed to be discussed on a forum.

Sorry that your logic has turned on you! 

• Like 2

Lol.. Point of fact it isn't our job to sack him or suggest replacements but the raison d'etra of FT is to opine and just because people don't choose to /can't name a successor doesn't invalidate their points of view.

I trust Top to do the best for our club when the time comes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I cant agree with this view. It's very simplistic

I'm sorry, on this forum, that's not really an outlier is it? :)

I take your collective point on this @J. James@Miquel The Work Geordie, @Nod.E, but seriously, I think everyone just prefers having something to moan about - I think that is just the modus operandi of the dedicated football fan. I'd be a hypocrite to suggest I've never been that guy, so I do understand it. I'm just no longer in that place, and to be brutally honest, my mental health is all the better for it. 

@5waller5 I'm not interested in dictating anything, I was just making an observation that reflected my own opinion. 

Edited by HighPeakFox

2 hours ago, Dames said:

It was pointed out by quite a few on here that it was a complete fantasy that things were going to magically upturn when Wes came back. There were 1 or 2 good games and the rest since have been diabolical. 

Rodgers is and always has been safety first, with his first choice team almost back its a certainty he’ll go back to his methodology of ‘controlling the game’. 

For me personally its 100% over in my mind. If the team gave it a go last night and lost on fair terms then you can handle it, but to not have an attempt on target after 75 minutes with 60%+ possession is not good enough. Also 1 goal down and 2 out of the 3 subs he made were defensive. 

The sooner he goes the better. Its toxic now. You go to the KP and barely anyone can get up for the game its just so lethargic. 

It's interesting that you say that safety first has always been Rodgers' priority. 

Maybe not so, when he first came in 2019.

Leicester City's statistics under Brendan Rodgers compared to Claude Puel - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

As the Mercury article alludes, Rodgers was happy to cede possession/ give away the ball more in the final third of the field. This was because Rodgers was encouraging creativity and as he called it more "improvisation" in the final third. Dispossessions in that season increased from 6.4 per game (under Puel) to 10.4 under Rodgers.

And in terms of the comparison on possession in 2019, it actually decreased under Rodgers, to 53% compared to 54% under Puel.

I would say that over time, Rodgers has become more risk averse, and probably to our detriment. Greater possession, 60% typically now but far more reticence to go for the improvisation in the final third. 

I'd prefer that we take more chances and be less risk averse going forward, be that with Rodgers or whoever follows him.

An opinion that someone should be removed from their position does not become null and void because the complainant admits that they do not have the expertise to suggest a suitable replacement.

If an employee openly spits in my lemon split cake, will Bruccianis expect me to name a replacement if i ask for them to be removed from the shop floor?

Brendan aint spitting in our cake and personally  I am not asking for him to be sacked but it is being served stale.

However, my opinion is devalued cus I am stealing the cake from the bins outside and am not a paying customer. My only defense is that Brucianis is a loved institution that belongs to the community and as such, I want fresh cake in the bins

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

An opinion that someone should be removed from their position does not become null and void because the complainant admits that they do not have the expertise to suggest a suitable replacement.

If an employee openly spits in my lemon split cake, will Bruccianis expect me to name a replacement if i ask for them to be removed from the shop floor?

Brendan aint spitting in our cake and personally  I am not asking for him to be sacked but it is being served stale.

However, my opinion is devalued cus I am stealing the cake from the bins outside and am not a paying customer. My only defense is that Brucianis is a loved institution that belongs to the community and as such, I want fresh cake in the bins

So you're the **** that got me sacked!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

It's all very simple really its just maths, if they have 5 really tall guys & we only have 3 then their remaining 2 will be marked by smaller players from our side, there is no need to get the police involved.

4 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

But if we knew they had tall players. And we knew our record at defending set peices, why wouldn't we negate that by selecting different players to cope with their ariel threats at set pieces? 

Isn't that what good managers do? 

Which players would you pick then if it’s that simple.

We must be the smallest team in the league, Fofana is a sec ent size for a CB, that’s about it, even out goalie is short and then shrinks when crosses come in

24 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

So you're the **** that got me sacked!!!!!!!

I suspect someone here admitted to stealing my beer in Krystalls 30 years ago so on forum basis, my karma is at ease

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

A serious question - at any stage yesterday did it look like the players were “playing for Rodgers”?

Not a single player put their head above the parapet - could you alternatively ask has Rodgers started to lose the dressing room?

Rodgers stated in his BT interview before yesterday's game how they were all up for the challenge and would go all out for the win... Really? Did anybody convey that attitude to the team, or was that just him covering his back to the media so it couldn't be his fault if it went tits up.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, DanDare said:

Rodgers stated in his BT interview before yesterday's game how they were all up for the challenge and would go all out for the win... Really? Did anybody convey that attitude to the team, or was that just him covering his back to the media so it couldn't be his fault if it went tits up.

I think we did do that last night tbf ie had a go…

We just weren’t good enough……

Our attacking options were nullified because players like Barnes just weren’t on it. This meant that Vardy had nothing to feed off.

‘Maddison played ok but he can’t do it all on his own. Tielemans was so deep that he couldn’t affect the game further up the pitch. Perez didn’t change anything, not did Nacho.

Our set up WAS to have a go but we just didn’t play well enough. And the Italian sides, plus Mourinho equals very very hard to break down. 
The shame for me was again that neither Rodgers nor the players KNEW how to break them down. It was obvious it was game over quite early on tbh

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

How come we’re still so crap now everyone’s fit then? 

Defence has actually improved when evans and fofana are in … but yeah the general play hasn’t 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Defence has actually improved when evans and fofana are in … but yeah the general play hasn’t 

Has it though? We'd tightened up at the back fairly well from that West Ham game onwards but set pieces are our downfall repeatedly. We've rotated a fair bit but seemed to have regressed since doing so. Picked the worse possible time to go on a 6 game winless run after those excellent wins and performances vs Palace and PSV. Soyuncu, Amartey and a few of the rotated players form has dropped off a cliff, frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our away form is a disgrace, in the last 12 away league games only Everton have a worse record than we do, astonishing. 

If Rodgers does decide its time up here (it'll be his choice any time soon, Top won't get rid until further regression next season at the earliest) then Arne Slot has got to be the man for us, what a job he's done at Feyenoord and was impressive at AZ too. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

we can neither sack him or appoint a successor, yes that's the logic. but how does that make a view on the matter null and void? None of our opinions will actually change a thing, but if we apply logic to every scenario we would not bother to make any comments at all and we would not have this site.:dunno: I don't have to justify my opinion that Rogers needs to go by having to name a successor. Now that is logic.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU