Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our away form is a disgrace, in the last 12 away league games only Everton have a worse record than we do, astonishing. 

If Rodgers does decide its time up here (it'll be his choice any time soon, Top won't get rid until further regression next season at the earliest) then Arne Slot has got to be the man for us, what a job he's done at Feyenoord and was impressive at AZ too. 

He'd slot in just fine.

He can bring Kokcu and Senesi with him too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

He'd slot in just fine.

He can bring Kokcu and Senesi with him too.

Sinisterra is absolutely lethal an'all, Diaz vibes but just a shame we need a right winger above all.

• Like 1

Just feel he is never going to be able to address the set piece conceding problem and his policy of possession over efficiency with the ball isnt winning me over.  His sub decision making also remains poor.

Edited by Chrysalis

This summer is huge, and we need to decide quickly what we plan on doing. Do we keep Rodgers? Or do we gamble and give someone else a chance? If so, who? (I wouldn't say no to Diego Martinez) Can we trust Rodgers to rebuild the squad? Or would you trust a new manager more for a rebuild? If so, why? 

I personally think that he will still be manager at the start of next season, and out of a job by Christmas if we are still boring and mid table.

All I want is to see us recruit some genuine talented players who can slot straight into the first 11 and make a difference. I also just want to see some grit, resilience and determination to win in the teams performance on a consistent basis, enough of this tika taka nonsense, it's the score that counts not the possession stats. I want to see the old Leicester again, purely because counter attacking done correctly is just the best type of football for me. We were once THE counter attacking team, but we shyed away from it when we should've embraced it. 

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our away form is a disgrace, in the last 12 away league games only Everton have a worse record than we do, astonishing. 

If Rodgers does decide its time up here (it'll be his choice any time soon, Top won't get rid until further regression next season at the earliest) then Arne Slot has got to be the man for us, what a job he's done at Feyenoord and was impressive at AZ too. 

Slot is probably more likely compared to other names also in jobs as well. Add in the talent he's brought through and the style he plays, he'd be class.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd just like to add that anyone saying 'I want him sacked but it's not my job to replace him' is wanting their argumentative cake and eat it (again). 

Why? Well, by your logic, it's also not your job to sack him, so that point of view is rendered null and void. 

I think this is valid if someone says ‘there’s loads of managers that can do a better job!’ and then provides no evidence of this.

I haven’t seen that really. I’ve seen people becoming increasingly frustrated by how poor we are & wanting Rodgers to pay the price for it.

There’s a difference between the two. 

My pick personally would be Potter. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Look it has been crap I’m not denying it now, after two 5th places and a fa cup, I think you should give the guy time. Now this is the first time I’m saying this but the performance against Roma means his time is running really short, I can’t deny that. 

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd just like to add that anyone saying 'I want him sacked but it's not my job to replace him' is wanting their argumentative cake and eat it (again). 

Why? Well, by your logic, it's also not your job to sack him, so that point of view is rendered null and void. 

That's just not logical.   Wanting Rodgers out is a reasonable opinion to hold because it is based on the observation by fans of our declining performances on the pitch. On the other hand, knowledge of the various managers around is not in the remit of being a Leicester supporter, but it is the responsibility of the owners who have all the resources available to gather that knowledge and to act on it.

• Like 1

It's obvious people haven't read on after my post - I acknowledged the initial reactions to what I said.

My point is logical, but I accept that people don't agree, with justification. 

Let me put it differently perhaps - the culture of wanting people sacked without a plan smacks of a gambling mentality, and as a reformed compulsive gambler, doesn't sit comfortably with me. Maybe that's a better way to put it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Which players would you pick then if it’s that simple.

We must be the smallest team in the league, Fofana is a sec ent size for a CB, that’s about it, even out goalie is short and then shrinks when crosses come in

Vestergaard is quite tall.  Just saying.

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Look it has been crap I’m not denying it now, after two 5th places and a fa cup, I think you should give the guy time. Now this is the first time I’m saying this but the performance against Roma means his time is running really short, I can’t deny that. 

We have given him time - we’ve given him a whole (horrible) season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, deep blue said:

That's just not logical.   Wanting Rodgers out is a reasonable opinion to hold because it is based on the observation by fans of our declining performances on the pitch. On the other hand, knowledge of the various managers around is not in the remit of being a Leicester supporter, but it is the responsibility of the owners who have all the resources available to gather that knowledge and to act on it.

That is the perfect reply!

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I'm torn, resigned to him not being that under pressure from our owners and given the good things he's done here I still support him but its wearing very, very thin. If he decided to leave, I'd not be that upset either. Huge summer ahead for him.

• Like 4

Imperative we get fresh blood in this summer, Rodgers here during an important summer thats likely to have high turnover could genuinely set us back 4 or 5 years.

Really hope that Newcastle decide they fancy him over the summer. 

For all my criticism of Rodgers this is sad to see. 

He should be viewed as one of the greats but as it stands I'll remember the what could have beens.

If only he had a better advisory team around him and was capable of immediate change rather than watching the failures for too long. He would be sensational. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

Imperative we get fresh blood in this summer, Rodgers here during an important summer thats likely to have high turnover could genuinely set us back 4 or 5 years.

Really hope that Newcastle decide they fancy him over the summer. 

Newcastle have taken 38 points in 25 matches under Howe with the same squad that was in relegation territory when he got there.  Why in the world would they fancy downgrading to Rodgers?

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

Reading the papers today we are SKINT and have to sell to buy ! 

maybe Rodgers will welcome the sack and £30m pay off ! 

He cleverly used the fake arsenal interest to get his pay bumper to £10m a year and a FULL pay out of remainder of contract if sacked ! No gardening leave , all if it straight away in cash !

we have big problems ahead and most seem oblivious to it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Newcastle have taken 38 points in 25 matches under Howe with the same squad that was in relegation territory when he got there.  Why in the world would they fancy downgrading to Rodgers?

And they’re set to finish above us…… 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ttfn said:

First leg he said it was a young team and we had the joint-highest average age of any of the 12 sides playing in European semi finals that week.

Just utter waffle isn't it. Why does he do it?

He's killed my enthusiasm. To be honest he did a long time ago but the pure circumstance and the luck of the fact the conference league was introduced this season has kept it a bit interesting. On the pitch it's been ****ing abysmal. Indefensible.

• Like 2