Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

37 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Thomas has dropped off for sure I wouldn't agree on Barnes or KDH, particularly KDH who I think has improved over the course of the season.

How many times has Barnes been hooked or left out completely lately for not making an impact? His consistency is all over the place and after 3 years of BR its not improved at all. Which is my point, there has been no improvement to what was inherited. 

I’m probably being harsh on KDH but I feel he was better Dec-March and has dropped off slightly since at least in my opinion. I imagine its a combination of being run into the ground and playing next to the most disinterested player in the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Did Rodgers sign little Wes? Genuinely can’t remember? If so… brilliant signing of course

But his others have been pretty average tbf. Soumare, Perez, Daka for instance.. none of them clear ‘first teamers’

He signed Fofona, yeah. Justin and Castagne too who are both 'first teamers'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

How many times has Barnes been hooked or left out completely lately for not making an impact? His consistency is all over the place and after 3 years of BR its not improved at all. Which is my point, there has been no improvement to what was inherited. 

I’m probably being harsh on KDH but I feel he was better Dec-March and has dropped off slightly since at least in my opinion. I imagine its a combination of being run into the ground and playing next to the most disinterested player in the league. 

It doesn't just stop with the manager. Players take responsibility for their development too and some players want it more.

Barnes is 25 this year, he's not a young player, and he's not getting any better. His decision making has always been questionable/poor and I don't know how any manager can improve that. 

We need a better winger than him if we want to consistently push for top 6. Our quality out wide, on both sides, is an issue for us.

These next 5 games have become very important after going 6 without a win. With very few injury problems in this last 3rd of the season, to bomb from the top half and finish 13th/14th would be unacceptable IMO. I'd be fascinated what excuses he could use, he'll be frantically looking for a new angle.

• Like 3

There's more to lose than gain from these fixtures. It's a load of games against sides with nothing to play for, two of them are already relegated. We beat Norwich and Watford... big deal. Lose to them however....

I can't really envisage any scenario in this next five games where I go into next season with a substantially more optimistic output than I currently do. It'll be an extension onto what's already happened.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

These next 5 games have become very important after going 6 without a win. With very few injury problems in this last 3rd of the season, to bomb from the top half and finish 13th/14th would be unacceptable IMO. I'd be fascinated what excuses he could use, he'll be frantically looking for a new angle.

Next three games have to be 6 points minimum. I'm giving Everton the benefit of the doubt tomorrow, as they should come and be right up for it, but we should be taking 6 points from the Norwich and Watford games. Southampton home should be a win also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane said:

The rebuild is just another excuse Brendan has come up with to protect his own reputation and divert blame elsewhere.

’Oh we’re playing crap because we need a rebuild in the summer!!’

Just more PR bollocks from him.

Do you honestly think our savvy owners are hoodwinked by some sweet talking Irish shyster? At the cost of their own money no less?

2 hours ago, Dames said:

One thing i’ve been considering over the the past few days is that its a complete and utter myth that he develops younger players.

I’ll give him his dues, he give them chances and trusts them but do they actually improve or develop?

Since he’s been here almost every young player has either stagnated or regressed. 

Harvey Barnes is half the player he was when Rodgers turned up.

Luke Thomas is struggling a lot more often.

KDH has not sustained the form he had earlier in the season and is making a lot more mistakes.

Throw in that Tielemans and Soyuncu are still quite young and have completely fallen off a cliff in terms of development. Maddison whilst in good form is inconsistent and arguably no better than when Rodgers joined. 

Fofana is probably the only player that has maintained any level of decent performance.

I’ll also make a mention of Justin who quite frankly defensively has been honking since he came back but he’s had a massive injury and not a consistent position so he does get a bit of slack until next season. 

Sorry but this is absolute biased nonsense.

Barnes only came back from his loan about four games before Rodgers took over? Are you saying that his peak came in the handful of game before he came in, because he didn’t score until a month after Rodgers came in. You’re completely ignoring about two-years of good performances.

Rodgers obviously gave both Thomas and KDH their break. You’re not going to put their good performances initially on Rodgers I take it? KDH, as far I can see, only really struggled on Thursday so far.

You can blame Rodgers for a number of things but from the players you mentioned there’s as much as argument that Rodgers got them over-achieving initially as anything else. I hope not but only time will that.

There’s also the fact young players will always have a dip in form as even the world’s best do. 

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It doesn't just stop with the manager. Players take responsibility for their development too and some players want it more.

Barnes is 25 this year, he's not a young player, and he's not getting any better. His decision making has always been questionable/poor and I don't know how any manager can improve that. 

We need a better winger than him if we want to consistently push for top 6. Our quality out wide, on both sides, is an issue for us.

I agree there is an element to the players desire but you can’t honestly say that every single player in the squad doesn’t have the desire to improve? There is one common denominator and that is the manager. 

Barnes is getting into his peak/prime but he’s had 3 years under Rodgers and has not improved at all and I disagree about not being able to improve decision making. Its the one area a manager can impact more than any. 

I’ve got two examples I can think off the top of my head that relate to the above.

The first is Raheem Sterling, Rodgers was the one who spotted him and brought him into the first team but did he improve under Rodgers? Not really it wasn’t until Pep got him at Man City he started really improving. 

Another is Mahrez who is still improving even now so it doesnt matter what age they are, a player can improve as long as they are coached correctly.

Barnes has a lot of natural ability, he just needs better coaching to make the most of his strengths. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

Don’t you hate it when one of our most successful managers is in charge, really grinds my gears too!😂

Get a grip man.

In his first 2 seasons granted he done pretty well and landed an FA Cup but given the squad we have that's where we should tbh with all the money invested... this season though nothing has worked and we are going backwards.. and all this talk of a rebuild is just to keep his job safe and take the pressure off him, obviously Top should see through that and start fresh in the summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Sorry but this is absolute biased nonsense.

Barnes only came back from his loan about four games before Rodgers took over? Are you saying that his peak came in the handful of game before he came in, because he didn’t score until a month after Rodgers came in. You’re completely ignoring about two-years of good performances.

Rodgers obviously gave both Thomas and KDH their break. You’re not going to put their good performances initially on Rodgers I take it? KDH, as far I can see, only really struggled on Thursday so far.

You can blame Rodgers for a number of things but from the players you mentioned there’s as much as argument that Rodgers got them over-achieving initially as anything else. I hope not but only time will that.

There’s also the fact young players will always have a dip in form as even the world’s best do. 

A lot of your point seems to revolve around me not giving credit to Rodgers for the players early performances in the team when actually my whole point was that he is excellent at giving young players their chances and trusting them to come into the team but at the same time do any of them actually improve long term? Not really and a few players have started regressing this year. 

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

You genuinely think this squad is not in need of overhaul ?? Wow … it’s not a top 10 squad

Kasper (his distribution is no longer good enough for the speed of the premier league) he really isn’t that great on set pieces either too much indecision mostly based around his lack of stature / needs replacing 

Evans (really slow, still a squad player but Baby Wes needs a little help Covering speed) , too slow in box to react to set pieces : needs replacing 

cag’s refusing contract and as such needs to go 

youri ( going ) also refusing contract so he needs replacing 

albrighton (needs replacing) 

Vardy is finished, sad to say he isn’t that player anymore and next year is going to be his last : needs replacing 

daka/Mandy/Perez chaudrey: just not top 10 premier league players : All need replacing 

and cos we are SKINT : properly skint ! He will have to sell Barnes or Maddison to subs some of this 

I can see United testing us on Fofana as well 

WE NEED A REBUILD ….. if we stick with this lot we will be in a mess soon enough ! 

I posted this in another thread but will reply to this post with it but I don't think we need a "REBUILD"

Kasper/New Keeper or try Ward

Ricardo/Castange Soy/Fofona/Evans Justin/Thomas

Nididi Maddsion KDH       Barnes/Lookman

Nacho/Daka/Vardy

Move on  Vestergard, Bertrand, Perez (all BR signings) Youri and Mendy

Need a RW or 2  and a CB or two

And we finished 5th twice so how can you say its not a top 10 squad and probably around 10th this season with a bit of luck.

we need a new manager with new ideas 

Edited by whoareyaaa

Puel Signings:

Ricardo (Good)

Youri (Good)

Maddison(Good)

Ward(okay)

Evans(Good)

Soyunco(okay)

Benkcovic(Poor)

Diabate(poor)

Rodgers Signings:

Perez(Poor)

Praet(okay)

Fofana(Good)

Castange(good)

Soumare(poor)

Bertrand(poor)

Vestergaard(poor)

Lookman(okay)

Under(poor)

Daka(poor)

Bennett(poor)

Justin(good)

Looking ahead to this summer rebuild, the last manger tasked with this was Puel. They are his signings that I can remember compared to the ones that Rodgers has made ( that I remember). If we’re going to be watching the same , slow turd possession football then I know who I’d rather have getting the new players in😂

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Puel Signings:

Ricardo (Good)

Youri (Good)

Maddison(Good)

Ward(okay)

Evans(Good)

Soyunco(okay)

Benkcovic(Poor)

Diabate(poor)

Rodgers Signings:

Perez(Poor)

Praet(okay)

Fofana(Good)

Castange(good)

Soumare(poor)

Bertrand(poor)

Vestergaard(poor)

Lookman(okay)

Under(poor)

Daka(poor)

Bennett(poor)

Justin(good)

Looking ahead to this summer rebuild, the last manger tasked with this was Puel. They are his signings that I can remember compared to the ones that Rodgers has made ( that I remember). If we’re going to be watching the same , slow turd possession football then I know who I’d rather have getting the new players in😂

Didn't Puel recommend Fofana lol ? 

Gerrimin

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Didn't Puel recommend Fofana lol ? I think Castange and Preat where also Puel signings..

Gerrimin

I’m sure that they came in at the start of last season? Maybe Praet was the season before. Fofana came from where puel was I think and he lost his head they sold him to us 😂

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

I do have a feeling that Europe has hampered us massively this season.

Injuries, Europe, Issues with Covid in the squad.

It’s been a bit of a mare. But it’ll be nice next season to get back to Saturday kick offs, with no other focuses. Few new signings, a few crap players offloaded and we might be in with a shout of doing something half decent. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Needs at least 3 wins to avoid even more scrutiny. I'm seeing a few national journalists/ pundits starting to question him.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do you honestly think our savvy owners are hoodwinked by some sweet talking Irish shyster? At the cost of their own money no less?

They hired him.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

A lot of your point seems to revolve around me not giving credit to Rodgers for the players early performances in the team when actually my whole point was that he is excellent at giving young players their chances and trusting them to come into the team but at the same time do any of them actually improve long term? Not really and a few players have started regressing this year. 

But their peak (and I hope that’s not the right word as I hope there’s more to come) and their improvement to that level was also under Rodgers.