Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Should get next season for sure, but if the terrible injury record continues we need to think seriously about intervening. Finishing below 10th is underperforming but if there are cup runs along with it I'd say that's ok overall.

If we're knocking around 12th or worse and also doing nothing in the cups then it's harder to justify keeping him on.

....that is a pretty low bar you have built!!!

He will be here for ever if that is the case.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not sure why anyone would laugh at this comment.

We've been good at times with him and also looked awful. I dont think I'd trust him on this rebuild not with my money.

But if he does it I'll be first to hold my hands up.

Me too, quite happy to eat humble pie.

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do know what you're saying but I don't blame Rodgers for his mediocre season, I am expecting him to work very very closely with him to regain his end product though, like he's done with Maddison when many were questioning what the point was. For all Rodgers faults, he can do this with players.

I hope you’re right. Maddison has returned to form this season but its a shame so many others have dropped off. 

If Rodgers is staying surely there has to be a shake up of the coaching staff? I mentioned it in another post but Pearson having Vardy work with Phillips was a masterstroke. Surely theres some ex players/coaches out there Brendan can bring in to freshen things up and work closely with some of the players to improve them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

I’m sure that they came in at the start of last season? Maybe Praet was the season before. Fofana came from where puel was I think and he lost his head they sold him to us 😂

....if memory serves, Puel played a masterstroke of brinkmanship in the sale of Fofana!!!

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

You genuinely think this squad is not in need of overhaul ?? Wow … it’s not a top 10 squad

Kasper (his distribution is no longer good enough for the speed of the premier league) he really isn’t that great on set pieces either too much indecision mostly based around his lack of stature / needs replacing 

Evans (really slow, still a squad player but Baby Wes needs a little help Covering speed) , too slow in box to react to set pieces : needs replacing 

cag’s refusing contract and as such needs to go 

youri ( going ) also refusing contract so he needs replacing 

albrighton (needs replacing) 

Vardy is finished, sad to say he isn’t that player anymore and next year is going to be his last : needs replacing 

daka/Mandy/Perez chaudrey: just not top 10 premier league players : All need replacing 

and cos we are SKINT : properly skint ! He will have to sell Barnes or Maddison to subs some of this 

I can see United testing us on Fofana as well 

WE NEED A REBUILD ….. if we stick with this lot we will be in a mess soon enough ! 

So, £200 million then?  Where is that coming from?

34 minutes ago, Dames said:

I hope you’re right. Maddison has returned to form this season but its a shame so many others have dropped off. 

If Rodgers is staying surely there has to be a shake up of the coaching staff? I mentioned it in another post but Pearson having Vardy work with Phillips was a masterstroke. Surely theres some ex players/coaches out there Brendan can bring in to freshen things up and work closely with some of the players to improve them. 

The coaching staff are well below par, awful in most metrics. 

I'm pissed off with him and wouldn't mourn if he was sacked. But to be honest, without Europe next season, and without as many injuries, I think we will see a big return to form. Part of what made us so good in our first full season with him was how well we pressed

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Win 4 of the last 5 with plenty of goals and I'll be relatively happy. 

I'm at a point where even if this happens it won't change it for me. I've seen his hand. Things aren't going to fundamentally get better.

That shambles on Thursday was everything that's been coming all season. In-fact it was eerie in the level of predictability about it.

Best case scenario is he goes this summer. He won't but I'm absolutely sure that would be the right move.

5 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Minimum 7 points required in the next 3 games. Strong finish desperately needed for Rodgers. 

We're not getting relegated.  Rodgers needs to go but let's not get unhinged.

That said, it would be really nice if we did Jesse Marsch a favor and showed up today.

4 hours ago, Dames said:

He's tried to bring Scott Brown in  we'd certainly be more aggressive.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Stopped reading at the Harvey Barnes nonsense. The lad couldn't score a goal in the PL if his life depended on it. He's having a rough season but still posting nearly 20+ goal contributions across all competitions. Last season he was on the verge of being held in the same regard as the best wide forwards in the league, 13 goals and a load of assists with a 3rd of the season to go before he got injured.

Brendan has plenty of criticism to land 9n his doorstep but this is horse manure son.

I think you're wrong chief. Barnes stepped up to every level and he did in the prem.

The rest of the lads are pretty much what you'd expect. Once again KDH was a last resort even though it turns out he's been one of the better players

The bloke puts very little trust in youth and will exhaust all senior options before picking the biggest lad he can

I think you've tried to readjust and gone too far the other way haha

9 hours ago, J. James said:

Perhaps the use of the word "malevolent"?   -  wanting to cause harm or evil is maybe a tad over the top... That is unless I've missed Rodgers being replaced by Putin or another one of those mad fellas.

Fair comment.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I do know what you're saying but I don't blame Rodgers for his mediocre season, I am expecting him to work very very closely with him to regain his end product though, like he's done with Maddison when many were questioning what the point was. For all Rodgers faults, he can do this with players.

The big difference is Madders thrives in a slower possession style of football.

Barnes is by far our most hampered player as it cuts off all that grass in front of him to run into.

That is something that will stop Harvey from making the England squad regularly and being a top, top player sadly.

You could argue that Barnes himself needs to adapt his game but imagine Pep got his hands on him, you’d see noticeable improvement (like Sterling) - so come on Rodgers, let’s see your coaching ability.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

So, £200 million then?  Where is that coming from?

We haven’t got 20m !!! 

we are skint ! 

changing the manager is the least of our concerns right now 

big names/ players we don’t want to sell are going this summer that’s a fact

11 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

The big difference is Madders thrives in a slower possession style of football.

Barnes is by far our most hampered player as it cuts off all that grass in front of him to run into.

That is something that will stop Harvey from making the England squad regularly and being a top, top player sadly.

You could argue that Barnes himself needs to adapt his game but imagine Pep got his hands on him, you’d see noticeable improvement (like Sterling) - so come on Rodgers, let’s see your coaching ability.

Barnes isn’t technically sound enough to be an England regular: he just ain’t that player, reminds me of the same journey Todd Cantwell at Norwich has been on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rogers has sold his house and a forest player has bought it.Dont know where he's moving to maybe up Manchester way where his misses is from.Suppose he will commute to training or stay over at the training ground or could be on his way.

1 minute ago, AshbyBlue said:

Rogers has sold his house and a forest player has bought it.Dont know where he's moving to maybe up Manchester way where his misses is from.Suppose he will commute to training or stay over at the training ground or could be on his way.

Lewis Grabban player/manager?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Are we still saying that Potter isn’t a good manager?

They’ll def finish above us this season.

Not that's he's not good. Just that I don't think he can improve us. 

39 minutes ago, AshbyBlue said:

I pray this is true

But he’s supposedly moved out that many times he must have more houses than Monopoly 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not that's he's not good. Just that I don't think he can improve us. 

Which I actually understand but curious as to why you think that?

Living on the south coast with a lot of Brighton mates they have bemoaned for years a top level striker - they create numerous chances a game and have often thought if they had peak Vardy what they may have actually been personally.

He’s apparently linked with Spurs if Conte leaves anyway.

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm at a point where even if this happens it won't change it for me. I've seen his hand. Things aren't going to fundamentally get better.

That shambles on Thursday was everything that's been coming all season. In-fact it was eerie in the level of predictability about it.

Best case scenario is he goes this summer. He won't but I'm absolutely sure that would be the right move.

I like how you refer to ‘predictability’ and you are SPOT ON here.

Think of it this way though. If WE know how we are going to set up, week in, week out, so do the opposition. 
We are so transparent now. It’s all too nice. We need to mix it up tactically and with our playing personnel. 
As I said on the Roma match thread. We knew exactly what Roma were going to do.. look to score early, then defend. And that’s exactly what they did. And we had no clue how to overcome it.

That is not good enough from a 10 million a year manager.

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Which I actually understand but curious as to why you think that?

Living on the south coast with a lot of Brighton mates they have bemoaned for years a top level striker - they create numerous chances a game and have often thought if they had peak Vardy what they may have actually been personally.

He’s apparently linked with Spurs if Conte leaves anyway.

They also went through a patch where they were shocking at home, played slow football and barely laid a glove on the opposition. And the away form wasn't much better. 

Think they won something like 1 or 2 games across a period of 2 months? 

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think you're wrong chief. Barnes stepped up to every level and he did in the prem.

The rest of the lads are pretty much what you'd expect. Once again KDH was a last resort even though it turns out he's been one of the better players

The bloke puts very little trust in youth and will exhaust all senior options before picking the biggest lad he can

I think you've tried to readjust and gone too far the other way haha

Barnes hadn't scored a goal in the PL prior to Rodgers arrival. He'd likely have progressed under many coaches, that's certainly not the debate, Rodgers hasn't transformed a limited player but there is no doubt the work that him, his team and Barnes have put in on his finishing and using his left foot. Go and watch that final away game under Puel vs Spurs where his technique was horrid and then look how they've worked and worked until he became a consistent finisher last season. He was heading towards 20 goals and many assists had he not got injured in February, immense stuff from him.

It's evidence Rodgers helped him undoubtedly but I'd expect any good coach to help young players as good as Barnes.

Rodgers definitely could be better at bringing through academy players, he's better than some managers but he's hardly some pioneer in that regard either. He'd do well to trim the squad this summer and then use a handful of them and progress them.

In regards to KDH, I don't think any blame can be landed at Rodgers door. When he arrived here, KDH was 20 and Puel hadn't shown any interest in giving him a chance or trying to get him out on loan. Rodgers had been impressed with him in training in the first part of 2019/20 but felt he'd been held back too much under a regime that didn't want to let their players go on loan but instead win some meaningless PL2 league with the biggest and oldest players.

Rodgers saw a bit of a path for him but all the credit goes to KDH and Blackpool and Luton for what returned to us in the summer. KDH has gone on record to say he had to learn a lot tactically in the first few months of this season before he was fully ready to deliver week in, week out but it was frustrating how sparingly he'd been used in the 1st part of the season.