Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

So you admit he's not said anything? So what do you think he would say and how do you know? 

I have no idea what Dennis would actually say but a lot of evidence suggests that he doesn't buy Rodgers's overall football philosophy.. Speaking out is of course a breach of contract so he will not do that now. Praet came because of the excellent contract he was offered but it appears he and his agent did not do their homework properly on Rodgers's style of play. The way an experienced ,international player has been marginalised though can only be explained by Praet himself.

45 minutes ago, AshbyBlue said:

Rogers has sold his house and a forest player has bought it.Dont know where he's moving to maybe up Manchester way where his misses is from.Suppose he will commute to training or stay over at the training ground or could be on his way.

He moved back up north months ago.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They also went through a patch where they were shocking at home, played slow football and barely laid a glove on the opposition. And the away form wasn't much better. 

Think they won something like 1 or 2 games across a period of 2 months? 

Totally agree but this was also at the time when Bissouma had off-field problems (allegedly) and wasn’t in the squad.

Webster (arguably their most rounded CB got injured), Dunk got himself suspended etc etc.

I’m not saying Potter is the best manager in the world but if look at the quality of squads (already mentioned the obvious gulf in strikers), their wage budget etc etc.

Then I’d like to think in comparison they have out performed us in most metrics.

Edited by SafewayFox
Crossed wires when quoting Life of Brian

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Totally agree but this was also at the time when Bissouma had off-field problems (allegedly) and wasn’t in the squad.

Webster (arguably their most rounded CB got injured), Dunk got himself suspended etc etc.

I’m not saying Potter is the messiah (he’s a very naughty boy - if you know, you know) but if look at the quality of squads (already mentioned the obvious gulf in strikers), their wage budget etc etc.

Then I’d like to think in comparison they have out performed us in most metrics.

What’s this about potter then?

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They also went through a patch where they were shocking at home, played slow football and barely laid a glove on the opposition. And the away form wasn't much better. 

Think they won something like 1 or 2 games across a period of 2 months? 

nothing gets past you mate!

I don't think the players disrespect Rodgers , that is not the problem its really that they don't think they can do what he wants them to do. He is a believer in possession football and they are not equipped to do the job properly. They try I'm sure but they do not have the control or intelligence to play it at the standard he wants. To create a team that can play that way , like peak Barcelona or Man.City  is often a very expensive process and we do not gave the financial power to do that. He is a stubborn man , no doubt , Ulstermen usually are , but he will have to accept that he cannot continue trying to find something that isn't there. Roma , Real Madrid and yesterday Spurs played to their strengths and gained results proving that possession football like everything has a counter argument.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Haha good job you're not trying to present a case in court. You: "I'm disappointed and frustrated so the detail of what I say must therefore be fact". Judge: "Case thrown out".

But it's not a court is it.  It's about awakening supporters.  I dont like his posession obsession... and the things he says seem to just deflect from his obvious flaws.  I find that convincing people requires a cumulative effect.

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2022 at 10:57, ClaphamFox said:

Does anybody seriously believe the club will sack Rodgers? I mean actually believe it? 

Not anymore. 

Vichai would have, he had a Ruthless streak where managers were concerned. 

Unfortunately we lack his guidance and leadership in many ways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I have no idea what Dennis would actually say but a lot of evidence suggests that he doesn't buy Rodgers's overall football philosophy.. Speaking out is of course a breach of contract so he will not do that now. Praet came because of the excellent contract he was offered but it appears he and his agent did not do their homework properly on Rodgers's style of play. The way an experienced ,international player has been marginalised though can only be explained by Praet himself.

When you say "a lot of evidence" you mean, something that someone on here has dreamt up. There's not a single source to back what you're saying. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When you say "a lot of evidence" you mean, something that someone on here has dreamt up. There's not a single source to back what you're saying. 

No there isn't a quotable source and as I said while he is contracted , there won't be. He is though one of a tiny few experienced internationals who has been loaned out in the PL. This appears to be a clash of minds to me. 

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

These next 5 games have become very important after going 6 without a win. With very few injury problems in this last 3rd of the season, to bomb from the top half and finish 13th/14th would be unacceptable IMO. I'd be fascinated what excuses he could use, he'll be frantically looking for a new angle.

This is why he’s already started on the “need a rebuild” PR. He’s a limited football manager but has immense skill in feeding the media with their story … the story that always justifies BR

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

No there isn't a quotable source and as I said while he is contracted , there won't be. He is though one of a tiny few experienced internationals who has been loaned out in the PL. This appears to be a clash of minds to me. 

Even if your pure speculation turns out to be true, how do you know that Preat in the right and Rodgers is in the wrong? 

You've not only invented an argument, you've apportioned blame too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

Even if your pure speculation turns out to be true, how do you know that Preat in the right and Rodgers is in the wrong? 

You've not only invented an argument, you've apportioned blame too. 

I think Dennis believes that we don't have the quality of players to interpret Rodgers's preferred style properly. There is no right or wrong in that. Only the match results tell the truth.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The way an experienced ,international player has been marginalised though can only be explained by Praet himself

Who is that then because Praet had made 3 sub appearances for Belgium upon joining and those sporatic appearances have continued throughout :dunno:

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Exactly. Rodgers talking about a rebuild, supporters saying we need quality in 5 or 6 positions. The quality we need is around the £30-£40 million mark. So £200 million then, minimum. 

We haven’t got that, we won’t have that unless we sell 3/4 of our best players. Then we might need 6-7 players. 

Brendan talking about a rebuild is just putting all the blame on the players yet again.

If he is such a genius why didn‘t he do a rebuild last summer? Why did he sign the two Saints‘ rejects. He signed Daka and Soumare and they have spent most of their time on the bench, same as Praet. Wasted £30m on Perez. That’s almost £100m wasted.