Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Webbo said:

You see, this the problem I have with the Rodgers out types. So much of their criticism is based on unhinged fantasy. Instead of a player not being good enough, he's not being played because Brendan's got something against him. Or Brendan won't sign players taller than him, or he sacked the physio because he wouldn't let him play injured players or he refused to let the club employ a doctor. All theories based on the sum total of fck all. 

Now you can criticise the results or the playing style, fair enough. I think there are obvious reasons for why the seasons turned out like it has but others will disagree and they're entitled to their opinions. 

Please just stop with this tinfoil hat conspiracy bollox. 

The injury thing has been proven null and void anyway given our performances since the injury crisis ended 

There seriously cannot be a single Leicester fan who’s been enjoying the last few games (maybe PSV aside) or there be people out there who think Rodgers is getting the best out of this crop of players

If anyone thinks the above then I can only assuming they’re Forest fans 

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Wow, now I feel ashamed I ever doubted you :mellow:

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’ve lost me there I’m afraid 

I'll give you a bit longer to think about it. You'll get there eventually. 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Mahrez had a house in London when he was here….anyone in Premier league football can pretty much buy any property anywhere…it’s called investing in their future…Robbie Fowler is a classic example…..

Was it something like 83 properties he owned when he was playing for Leeds?

Bet it’s even more now

👍

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

If he is such a genius why didn‘t he do a rebuild last summer? Why did he sign the two Saints‘ rejects. He signed Daka and Soumare and they have spent most of their time on the bench, same as Praet. Wasted £30m on Perez. That’s almost £100m wasted. 

Exactly. This notion of rebuild is nonsense. Managers rebuild over time. Ferguson was a master of it 

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The injury thing has been proven null and void anyway given our performances since the injury crisis ended 

There seriously cannot be a single Leicester fan who’s been enjoying the last few games (maybe PSV aside) or there be people out there who think Rodgers is getting the best out of this crop of players

None of that goes against what Webbo was trying to get at. 

He even acknowledged the playing style has been poor and leads to ineffective results and performances. 

What isn't great to read is some of the pure speculation going around as truth. 

Some people are not gonna like this, but we need Graham Potter. Yes, he has deficiencies. Yes, his teams form are up and down. But he's working at Brighton and Hove ****ing Albion. Their main striker is Danny Welbeck who's godawful. Welbeck wouldn't get into our Matchday squad. I'm pointing this out to people who don't rate Potter. He's working with a squad that belongs 14th and below.. At City he'd have a talent pool that's 10x better than that of Brighton. His style of play is fantastic. Watch Potter go to Spurs and do what Poch did - turn Spurs into a ferocious super team that were fantastic to watch (inb4 "but spurs didn't win anything", that's not the point). 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly. This notion of rebuild is nonsense. Managers rebuild over time. Ferguson was a master of it 

The talk of a rebuild affords the most keen Rodgers supporters, and Rodgers, an excuse for under performance. 

3 hours ago, AshbyBlue said:

Rogers has sold his house and a forest player has bought it.Dont know where he's moving to maybe up Manchester way where his misses is from.Suppose he will commute to training or stay over at the training ground or could be on his way.

...if this is true, which Forest player, is this the same house that had previously been mentioned that he was moving out of!!!!

How did you come to find out this detail, and more importantly are you a stalker??

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

None of that goes against what Webbo was trying to get at. 

He even acknowledged the playing style has been poor and leads to ineffective results and performances. 

What isn't great to read is some of the pure speculation going around as truth. 

Oh no I know. 

I was agreeing with him 😂

Come on though. Whilst it may be speculation, injury crisis’ have followed Rodgers around like a bad smell from club to club. It’s not a coincidence at all.

People are just clutching at straws believing it is coincidental 

Guest StevieLynex

Can anyone else think of a previous City Manager who bottled as much as Rodger’s - messed up top four finishes two seasons in a row, same for the Europa League and the Mickey Mouse cup. Brendan has certainly got a lot of bottling

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Saw someone on Everton’s forum call him Brenton Fraudgers 🤣🤣🤣

My dad keeps referring to him as B r e n d a on social media platforms, a 56 year old man FFS.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Haha 1

Give him until the end of the season to get it right.
If there is no improvement he needs to go our form Over the last 12 - 14 months is awful.

His ability to bottle it can’t be over looked neither can the Players he has signed. I have had enough of his excuses. For me we have probably the best squad we have ever had, he messed up when he started talking about overachieving it’s his job to get us motivated and up for it I just don’t see this anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The problem if results and performances keep nose diving, is we just can't afford to sack him.

His previous contract with Leicester was until 2022 and his latest contract is until 2025 that's another 3 years totalling 30m pounds ☹️

Maybe a club more suited to his level will come in for him.

Like Forest Green 

• Like 2

You would hope that the club isn’t naive not to insert clauses in his contract based on performances, so say we don’t qualify for Europe or finish top half it will be easier to get rid

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The problem if results and performances keep nose diving, is we just can't afford to sack him.

His previous contract with Leicester was until 2022 and his latest contract is until 2025 that's another 3 years totalling 30m pounds ☹️

I don't think you have to pay the full amount by-election a long chalk. Think it would be nearer 10 but that's still a lot for a club our size. Poor negotiations I'd suggest and I don't think Vichai would fall for his cheap and obvious slobber.