Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The problem if results and performances keep nose diving, is we just can't afford to sack him.

His previous contract with Leicester was until 2022 and his latest contract is until 2025 that's another 3 years totalling 30m pounds ☹️

But its crucial to note that it's the manager before him, the players, the investment, the inexperience that's the problem and not his management.

He's actually managing in line with that salary its just everything else under his direct control thats the problem. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think you have to pay the full amount by-election a long chalk. Think it would be nearer 10 but that's still a lot for a club our size. Poor negotiations I'd suggest and I don't think Vichai would fall for his cheap and obvious slobber.

He had the board under the barrel when Arsenal were interested in a new manager when they got rid of Emery and were interested in him as we were playing great football.

Obviously looking at it now he had no intention then of leaving Leicester and the board fell for it because he didn't deny he was interested in the Arsenal job, we naively bumped up his salary and extended his contract another 3 years so he wouldn't jump ship

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 3

Guest Col city fan
37 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Criminal. Absolutely criminal. 

58 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The talk of a rebuild affords the most keen Rodgers supporters, and Rodgers, an excuse for under performance. 

Very good posts and I hadn’t thought of it that way

👍

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

You see, this the problem I have with the Rodgers out types. So much of their criticism is based on unhinged fantasy. Instead of a player not being good enough, he's not being played because Brendan's got something against him. Or Brendan won't sign players taller than him, or he sacked the physio because he wouldn't let him play injured players or he refused to let the club employ a doctor. All theories based on the sum total of fck all. 

Now you can criticise the results or the playing style, fair enough. I think there are obvious reasons for why the seasons turned out like it has but others will disagree and they're entitled to their opinions. 

Please just stop with this tinfoil hat conspiracy bollox. 

Theres no conspiracy. He’s just hit the wall, as he always does, and doesnt know whst to do, other than keep doing what he’s doing and hope for the best. Rodgers is the personification of The Kings New Clothes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Who is that then because Praet had made 3 sub appearances for Belgium upon joining and those sporatic appearances have continued throughout :dunno:

He is obviously valued by Martinez seemingly more than Rodgers. We can only speculate on this because Praet is contracted not to talk. Rodgers cannot be drawn on the situation either.

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

These next 5 games have become very important after going 6 without a win. With very few injury problems in this last 3rd of the season, to bomb from the top half and finish 13th/14th would be unacceptable IMO. I'd be fascinated what excuses he could use, he'll be frantically looking for a new angle.

"We've got a young group of lads here and when you go out in the way we did v Roma it can have a knock on effect on the lads motivations, but they'll learn a lot from this experience and continue to develop as a young squad" can pretty much guarantee it'll be using European exertions as an excuse and more young squad stuff

You shouldn’t be on the money he’s on, with this consistent problem not being addressed. It’s time to go, I am surprised that anyone is defending him at this point, just purely down to the set piece issues. He promised it would get better when Evans and co came back, and it hasn’t. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

You can’t expect a manager to work miracles in two full seasons. We need to give him more time.

You shouldn't be able to expect him to take a perfectly competitive squad and make them look completely incompetent but here we are.

• Like 1