Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, don_danbury said:

can we get rid of all these midgets out of the squad? never win anything in the air 

Man City are probably a shorter side than us on average. Yet they’re routinely one of the best at defending set pieces

I know you all are going to yell at me. But I can't see the board sacking him over the summer.

He'll be in charge of the rebuild. Very worrying times ahead. It's been a while since Rodgers helped us play attacking, one touch, dynamic football in the 4-1-4-1 system.

Edited by Tanya

Just now, Tanya said:

I know you all are going to yell at me. But I can't see the board sacking him over the summer.

He'll be in charge of the rebuild. Very worrying times ahead.

I have hope in that if this season just continues to get worse, he’ll be gone. 

Just now, TMELcfc said:

I have hope in that if this season just continues to get worse, he’ll be gone. 

I just don't think so. In a way, look. He's been incredibly successful with us. We've played some incredible football under his tenure. But the Puel-esque ball coupled with the porous set piece defending is very worrying. If he doesn't turn it around, he'll be sacked midseason.

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I just don't think so. In a way, look. He's been incredibly successful with us. We've played some incredible football under his tenure. But the Puel-esque ball coupled with the porous set piece defending is very worrying. If he doesn't turn it around, he'll be sacked midseason.

This midseason? You mean this midseason, right? Right?

Right?

6 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Yep. Interestingly has he ever taken the blame in a pre match press conference? 

I'm assuming this is a typo but unfortunately he could have recorded a post-match interview before kickoff and talked about us not creating chances and conceding from a corner :(

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I’ve always said that, he’ll go down as a great here, but it really shouldn’t mask the fact we bottled top 5 twice, as you mentioned, we’ve had set piece issues for 18 months and he’s not fixed it, we have a horrible injury record, and the football, has been woeful. Even our forgiving chairman will be getting ‘the hump’ 

• Like 1

Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

I'm assuming this is a typo but unfortunately he could have recorded a post-match interview before kickoff and talked about us not creating chances and conceding from a corner :(

Oh yeah, I mean post match 😅

It does feel like we're at a very awkward moment with Brendan. It's obviously just supposition but I don't think he really wants to be here, I don't think the club really want him here but he doesn't want to give up a massive contract and we don't want to spunk a huge wedge of our budget paying him off. Pretty toxic situation 

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Im hearing a lot of Brendan out but who do we get in as replacement?

Diego Martinez? Andrea Pirlo? There are good managers out there who would jump at the chance, and I'd rather gamble with a new manager then stick with a manager we know isn't going to deliver. 

• Like 1

The situation with corners is beyond a joke now. There’s an easy header for Richarlison and free header on the follow up for Holgate. We absolutely shit our pants every time  an aerial balls comes into the box.

We’re playing the bottom 3 at kick off this week. This is a big week for Rodgers.