Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I’ve always said that, he’ll go down as a great here, but it really shouldn’t mask the fact we bottled top 5 twice, as you mentioned, we’ve had set piece issues for 18 months and he’s not fixed it, we have a horrible injury record, and the football, has been woeful. Even our forgiving chairman will be getting ‘the hump’ 

I do think the bottling top four for two years is a little unfair. Yes. Brendan should take some of the blame there but he can't legislate for player stupidity and ineptitude. Cags' braindead sending off at Bournemouth and the subsequent collapse. Perez missing an easy chance against Chelsea which would have gotten us the extra point  we needed to sneak fourth. There are a lot of work to be done. I don't like the argument from some here that binning off Brendan is the solution. A lot of these players are soft and or not good enough. Or very injury prone.

Also I'm sorry but calls to sack him tonight are so premature. IF he's going to go in the near future, it'll be in the summer. We conduct our business in a smart, even handed way. The summer will give us a good chance to pick a replacement should the club go down this route (which I don't think they will).

Edited by Tanya

52 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Im hearing a lot of Brendan out but who do we get in as replacement?

Right now, anyone 🤣

There will be a shortlist just like there is for players. 
Id happily take Graham’s Potter. Got some flack earlier this season but strikers of Welbeck and Maupay couldn’t hit a barn door. 

Or Thomas Frank, seems to know what he is doing and they seem to go back to front a lot quicker which is what we need, an injection of tempo/passion 

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Give it a rest

It's not our ****ing job is it. 

Oh I mightve come across wrongly, Im not Brendan in, Im just genuinely asking who we've got on our minds to replace him

23 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What is this system?! Imagine playing you're most important player completely out of position as well

The tactical geniuses on here wanted 2 up front, in order to do that something changes behind

The main reason I hate a back five is you’ve got defenders providing width and relied on to create opportunities for forwards. Multiple times in that first half we had Evans surging down the left into final third delivering into the box, when you see that happening you just lose any hope you had left.

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I do think the bottling top four for two years is a little unfair. Yes. Brendan should take some of the blame there but he can't legislate for player stupidity and ineptitude. Cags' braindead sending off at Bournemouth and the subsequent collapse. Perez missing an easy chance against Chelsea which would have gotten us the extra point  we needed to sneak fourth. There are a lot of work to be done. I don't like the argument from some here that binning off Brendan is the solution. A lot of these players are soft and or not good enough. Or very injury prone.

Also I'm sorry but calls to sack him tonight are so premature. IF he's going to go in the near future, it'll be in the summer. We conduct our business in a smart, even handed way. The summer will give us a good chance to pick a replacement should the club go down this route (which I don't think they will).

I know what you’re saying, but the buck stops with the manager. And our set piece issue has been going on a while, if he’d fixed it earlier, we may have finished 4th last season. 

I disagree with sacking premature, only because I don’t enjoy his ‘style’ at all, I want him gone. The football is tiresome to watch.
I said he will go down as a great on paper, but when the Celtic fans first said “great manager but football is boring” I was worried after what we had to endure under Puel. This is exactly what it’s become, which is really strange as his first 6-7 months in charge were the opposite. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxxed said:

It is unfair to judge Brendan when he has to deal with injury crises that seem to foster themselves at every club he manages.

Maybe his training regime is the cause?

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Maybe his training regime is the cause?

It's got to be. I don't think it's a coincidence that Rodgers sacked Rennie, and then the injuries started piling up. I reckon Rennie told Rodgers his intense training was a bad idea and he didn't like it, so replaced him with a yes man of his choosing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Only Leicester under Rodgers can make calamity Keane look composed at the back.

I'm so annoyed with our defending that I'm posting stuff on the wrong thread. 

Edited by Le Renard
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I know what you’re saying, but the buck stops with the manager. And our set piece issue has been going on a while, if he’d fixed it earlier, we may have finished 4th last season. 

I disagree with sacking premature, only because I don’t enjoy his ‘style’ at all, I want him gone. The football is tiresome to watch.
I said he will go down as a great on paper, but when the Celtic fans first said “great manager but football is boring” I was worried after what we had to endure under Puel. This is exactly what it’s become, which is really strange as his first 6-7 months in charge were the opposite. 

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with some of this. Rodgers deserves enormous credit to get us to the position of challenging for top four in the first place. Us failing not to qualify for CL is a huge missed opportunity but the failure is collective. 

Also, it should be said for fairness we played incredible football under him for at least half of his tenure. We also won a FA Cup.

I will say, however, I was certain the club would not sack Rodgers in the summer. Now, I wouldn't rule it out considering we have been trending.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

They won’t. Too many ‘have perspective’ 

Back in the days when we had worse players in a worse league coached by worse staff we could have only dreamed we’d be watching such uninspiring performances.