Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's here till 2025 another 3 seasons at 10m a year.....we can't afford to pay 30m in compensation if gets sacked and doesn't get another job

Why can't we afford to pay £30m? I'm presuming we can spend that amount on a player during the summer?

Not gonna call him a fraud or anything because he isn't. But I'm at the point where if he was sacked I'd have little sympathy or ill will. Thanks for the FA Cup, European adventures, Community Shield but what we're seeing now is just nowhere near good enough. 

Won't be willing us to lose so he's sacked, but if he goes now or end of the season I won't be surprised. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Well actually it wasn't a decent run in Europe. 

We actually got knocked out at the group stage of the tournament we began the season in. It was another very failed Europa League campaign. 

We defeated PSV and Renne. The conference league isn't a tinpot cup. Those were good performances.

Hence I said decent-ish. Rodgers' record in Europe is poor overall.

Defense is practically back, same problems.

Evans playing as a LB?

Not getting the best out of Tielemans, doesn't look arsed yet here we are offering an appearance bonus every opportunity regardless.

Wingers desperately out of form, our main outlet but comes to nothing ...

probably because despite playing all three strikers none of them are good in the air, something Rodgers seems adverse to, a combative & physical forward.

End the season. It's going to get toxic if he can't get anything out of the players. He's shown it's possible for him to work with these players in the past but it's not happening now. Decisions to be made, if he isn't right there's no point letting him "rebuild" the team.

Loose on Wednesday and there is no way the board can’t sack him. 
We’ve been crap all season with negative football making countless mistakes knocking it around the back four. 

We used to be a fast pace, aggressive counter attacking team and now just spend all game knocking it sideways or backwards. 

Yea we’ve had injuries this season but still all those that have played are supposed to be professional footballers but can’t do the basics and that’s down to Rodgers not getting it right. 

He’s had a whole season to sort out set pieces and nothing has changed. There is no aggression in defending the line. 

I like Rodgers and wanted him to do well for us but the football we are playing is so boring to watch and we’ve lost our identity of being fearless. 

• Like 1

is brendan rodgers just the manager equivalent of when the lads run a lot meaninglessly, just so the heart monitor says they did something? 

Feels like it. 

“Top look at how much of the ball we had. It’s just the individual errors that cost us “

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, StanSP said:

Not gonna call him a fraud or anything because he isn't. But I'm at the point where if he was sacked I'd have little sympathy or ill will. Thanks for the FA Cup, European adventures, Community Shield but what we're seeing now is just nowhere near good enough. 

Won't be willing us to lose so he's sacked, but if he goes now or end of the season I won't be surprised. 

Agree, and he can take Kasper with him on gardening leave. :mad:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

It was clearly a 3-4-3, so how is it the same!!! 

Our style of play was considerably different ? Our translations or attempted transitions from D to M to F were considerably different. The formation was some weird concept but our style of play is what we’ve attempted to do for 12 perhaps 18 months. 

But yes, different formation. What do you want me to say for you to be happy ? We were unlucky ? Great positive changes ? Great second half ? It wasn’t some substantial tactical change regardless of the formation. But if you believe that to be the case and our fault was simply down to Kasper - it’s fine mate. But to me, with all due respect, that’s naive so let’s agree to disagree. 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Tanya said:

We defeated PSV and Renne. The conference league isn't a tinpot cup. Those were good performances.

Hence I said decent-ish. Rodgers' record in Europe is poor overall.

PSV are the equivalent of Burnley and Roma are probably a bit like Aston Villa

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s good to know he’s astute in other walks of life 

He'll be able to buy quite a few more houses in the Summer when he gets his cheque from Top