Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Getting rid can't be an easy decision for the board, he's liked by the club and he's had success, but most of all he's paid a ton of cash.

And we have a massive rebuild this summer with not a lot of funds to play with. Paying off Rodgers constricts us further.

We may still do it but it's a bad situation all around.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's here till 2025 another 3 seasons at 10m a year.....we can't afford to pay 30m in compensation if gets sacked and doesn't get another job

I'm not going to be watching much football then.

• Sad 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Heard some people say bring Wes Morgan back, but as manager lol

I'd go with Schmeichel and Vardy

Guest ttfn

Bringing on Vardy for Mendy is the sort of substitution a 7 year old would make if playing Football Manager for the first time.

Edited by ttfn

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Heard some people say bring Wes Morgan back, but as manager lol

😂 even if he was remotely qualified and had all the tools to be a manager he would fail! 

Simply because he’s far too chummy with the lads. Uncle wes their drinking buddy, hardly going to keep them in line is he 

Imagine next season when the ‘give him 10-15 games’ brigade get their wish.

We have spunked £40m up the wall because Brendan has convinced the squad we need an overhaul. Our best players have either jumped ship or are playing with absolutely zero confidence.

We’re still bored and fed up of watching us.

It’s cheaper and more sensible to sack him. Do that, get an up and coming manager in with a positive high-tempo philosophy and a winning mentality. Iit will be like signing several new players for £40m, because they will be twice the players without Rodgers.

And yes, he is a fraud. Convincing everyone he’s a miracle worker when we’ve all seen what this team was capable of if he wasn’t too arrogant to change things he knows aren’t working.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, tsintskaro said:

He will ruin club completely if he gets this "summer rebuild" chance.

If he's still here, it's more of a demolition job

8 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

There is a perception out there that because we're a 'smaller' club we should be grateful to have him here. Think we should bin him, it's getting beyond a joke at this point. 

That perception has been carefully engineered by his own PR team. Forever throwing everybody but himself under the bus. Puts his own image ahead of the club and ahead of team harmony.

Edited by BigGibbo
  • Like 2

Gave my reasons after the last tepid possession over productivity performance, but I would rather buy one player less and get rid at this point... and I say that knowing how desperately we need several players.

• Like 1

Writing is on the wall for me, if we stick with him then I genuinely fear for us next season, injuries are no longer an excuse and we look as poor as when these players were out. The football is awful too slow and pedestrian. 

Get rid and my suggestion would be Patrick Viera 

• Haha 1