Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Our style of play was considerably different ? Our translations or attempted transitions from D to M to F were considerably different. The formation was some weird concept but our style of play is what we’ve attempted to do for 12 perhaps 18 months. 

But yes, different formation. What do you want me to say for you to be happy ? We were unlucky ? Great positive changes ? Great second half ? It wasn’t some substantial tactical change regardless of the formation. But if you believe that to be the case and our fault was simply down to Kasper - it’s fine mate. But to me, with all due respect, that’s naive so let’s agree to disagree. 

Yeah fair enough, the tactics  is all I meant, it was a formation change which could have helped, yet it did not. And I am utterly fed up with Kasper living on past glories, he is sh*t now. Was it all his fault? Of course not, was it all Brendan’s fault? No, it was a collective failure, but the buck stops with the gaffer. 
Just not convinced that changing the manager will change our fortunes, but I can accept it may be worth a go after recent showings!

On 01/11/2021 at 14:59, Kilworthfox said:

You can't argue with facts, and I see you've made the effort to prove that he is better than Puel, which I agree wholeheartedly. 

We have historically not been a title contender, it is sadly true. This doesn't mean we can not be going forward. Some will think, who do you think we are? I think we are Leicester Fu cking City mate!

I am sure if you look hard enough, you can find incompetence anywhere, and also achievements like the Charity Shield, which is of no significance to me...

I don't believe BR to be incompetent, but I do believe he is underachieving (therefore this warrants serious analysis to see if someone could be doing a better job), also I do not believe him to be humble enough to search within (A major flaw), to see why the team is under performing (that would be a progressive manager), thus, I have my opinion, that I believe it best for LCFC, and possibly himself that we are to end the working agreement.

I see a VERY worrying trends continued from the last 2 seasons.

We create very few goal scoring opportunities from open play! 

We believe we will out pass the opposition defence its becoming cringeworthy, like playing Hey Jude when either of the Scousers come to town.

We are over reliant on our star player to produce a "moment" from nothing to win a game.

We can not defend well any set piece.

We very rarely score from a set piece.

We can punish when we press, but we are passive far too often.

We only start playing when the game is gone, or almost gone.

We are becoming an arrogant team, one that I do not like, this comes from the Manager.

I believe we are sleepwalking into a crisis!!!!!!!!!

Against Arsenal we deserved to lose. We can not defend from a set piece.

Against Brighton we deserved to lose, we punished 2 errors, yet created noting from open play.

Against Brentford we deserved nothing (saved by Tielemans).

Against Spartak we were saved by Daka

Against Man U we deserved to win (Yet they were terrible) Nice to see us press from the front, but have to acknowledge we were allowed too.

Against Palace we crumbled in defence, very very unconvincing...

Against Legia it was a thoroughly disgraceful performance! This is where BR lost me.

Against Burnley we deserved nothing, lucky to escape with a point at home.

Millwall deserved win. (Job done, but it's Millwall in a cup that is no ones priority)

Against Brighton I actually thought we were the better team (but we can not defend set pieces).

Against Napoli we couldn't defend against a physical opponent, threw away 2 goals, see Palace.

Man City are better at being Old Barcelona than we are. No complaints.

Norwich were punished for 2 errors, we created nothing in open play. See Brighton.

Wolves couldn't score, a little like the Brentford game, their attack let us off the hook.

It gave me no joy to write the above. I want us to be the best we can be in all aspects of football. Our club has some wonderful aspects, but I believe these are diminishing with every poor result. That I am unable to Forgive BR for, in this "golden age" as a Leicester fan, because the potential at the club is so high, but the results are so lacking. We all know where our best players will be if we finish mid table, it will not be with a fox on their chests, and the Recruitment department, Academy or both, will have a huge job to do, and do it very well, for us to return to the higher places within this division.

What's changed? 

Over 7 months now... 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

If he has any part in this summer rebuild then we are a championship side in 2023

Agreed after finishing 5th for the last two seasons we are now sitting 14th a few places above the bottom 3.  I was a supporter, but I think he has simply run out of ideas. Defending corners is beyond believe, we are now a complete joke

Whiffs of Dyche at Burnley. People get dewey eyed at the memories and fail to see what's literally happening in front of our eyes as we drift down and down. Complete garbage. 

• Like 1

He's failed to address our issues for most of the season including defending set plays.

We've been bad at defending set pieces all season but it took him 3/4 of the season to even acknowledge that.

His signings last summer or January should have addressed this issue. 

We bought vestergaard but he's been poor and largely not played along with other of his signings including Soumare.

You can't trust him for a summer rebuild.

And that's just talking about set pieces let alone the awful safe and risk free football and zero attacking penetration.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 1

The tide has turned against him the last month.

Playing youri game after game almost feels insulting at this stage.

His reputation is slowly but surely being damaged badly this season between signing and performances.  There is no way back for him now. 

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Roberto de Zerbi

Kasper Hjulmand (Post WC)

Christophe Galtier

Graham Potter

Definitely not Viera. 

Any others? 

Slot, no one's taken a punt on Gallardo yet either

Edited by Tommy Fresh

His agent must be on shedloads. Fed a story to the media a couple of seasons ago that Arsenal were interested and as such we gave him a massive multi year extension and now he’s untouchable as we don’t want to pay what it would cost to sack him. 

Stellar work in getting yourself job security. 

• Like 2