Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

20 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Roberto de Zerbi

Kasper Hjulmand (Post WC)

Christophe Galtier

Graham Potter

Definitely not Viera. 

Any others? 

Arne Slot is the standout choice for me, or Diego Martinez for a cheap option once we've chuffed up a years wages to bin Brendan.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Arne Slot is the standout choice for me, or Diego Martinez for a cheap option once we've chuffed up a years wages to bin Brendan.

Slot would be class just imagine the meltdown at United when it turns out they went for the wrong guy.

• Haha 2

It happens at every club where a manager can only take you so far then things start to unravel. Unfortunately for Brendan he isn't willing to try other ideas so now teams have figured us out it makes us extremely predictable and easy to play against. 

Nobody can convince me that Jamie Vardy or Patson Daka enjoy playing upfront in a side that prides itself on a slow passive build up. 

If you can't play to your strikers strengths then it baffles me as to why you would jnclude them in the starting 11. 

It's time Brendan and several of the first team squad leave so we can freshen things up. 

Get a manager in that plays a more attractive style of football where the players play with freedom and not like robots.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

30 million to sack him now or 3/4 times as much in a so called rebuild over the summer and potential relegation. And then we sack him.

Tough choice....

It wouldn't cost us £30m at all. His sacking would be the same as his release clause which was reported to be around £14m. Most managers only get around a year's wages paid up unless they have less than that on their contract and they also don't get all of that if they get a job in a certain time period either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 30 million to sack him is worth it.  A new manager cannot possibly get a worse tune out of this squad than he does, so there is a free improvement right there.  Tielemens fee should cover most of it.

Our midfield of maddison, ndidi, kdh, mendy etc  is more than good enough if coached correctly and is given enough of a licence to you know...attack.

If we sell other fringe players to raise funds there is no reason why we can't improve 2 or 3 areas close season.

But this only happens for me, if Rodgers goes, otherwise, we will stay next season the same as we have been in this.  And sorry, thats proper relegation Fodder with him at the helm.

I've been Rodgers out now unflinchingly for about 6 months.  His style of football is completely unsuited to our personnel.  We can all see it, yet he persists with it like it will all magically come good.

He's really not as good as people think he is.  A decent stint at Celtic and one near miss with Liverpool does not make him an elite manager. 

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 3

For me the most inexcusable part, however ridiculously unlikely, is that we can still mathematically be relegated. 

That’s not good enough for our squad, injuries or no injuries! 

Edited by AjcW

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

BR said basically struggling to find players with that hunger. Madders injured, JJ injured but both may be back for Weds. Ricky P out for the season 

Always someone else's fault. Lost count of the amount of times he's thrown his own players under the bus this season lol

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Always someone else's fault. Lost count of the amount of times he's thrown his own players under the bus this season lol

Or brings in players like Perez that ain’t had a sniff and expect them to be fully committed to the cause 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

BR said basically struggling to find players with that hunger. Madders injured, JJ injured but both may be back for Weds. Ricky P out for the season 

Blaming the players for not being hungry enough, classic Rodgers. Isn't it his job to make the players hungry to win? 

Quite the stretch Rodgers stating when he came here we were a club happy to stay in the division and now we are a club disappointed not to win a trophy ! If I recall, when he arrived, we were around the ‘best of the rest’ outside the top 6 and his appointment was to take us that step further, which to be fair previous 2 seasons he has done, but absolute utter nonsense him saying when he arrived in 2019 we were a club happy to survive in the prem !

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Blaming the players for not being hungry enough, classic Rodgers. Isn't it his job to make the players hungry to win? 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Also said he doesnt have enough time to work on the weaknesses. Clown.

Stuff like this cannot go down well with the players surely? 

I actually think you had most players giving it a good go today but they looked unsure what the system was.

• Like 1

Any boo's at full time?

I gather most the crowd would be happy with someone else blasting their Mrs so probably sat their tapping their clapper in appreciatiation of another calamity