Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I’d genuinely recruit a specific set piece coach next season - not one that does it as part of his job, a coach that is purely free kicks and corners. Whilst we are at it, a throw-ins coach as well. We are a premier league club with a lower budget than a few - our attention to detail should be absolutely bang on, not an apparent over confident Man Utd-esque lack of focus as it appears to be at the moment.

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

Sack Him immediately. Get a fresh man in with new ideas and let’s rebuild. He’s had his time now and he’s done well but it’s gone so stale! We need a proper freshen up.

• Like 1

From BBC:

Rodgers said: "We have shot ourselves in the foot so many times this season. That is my responsibility. The confidence in the team in dealing with set-piece situations isn't there.

"I think back to where we were - and three years on we're disappointed not to win a trophy this season. But you need the hunger and desire and we haven't seen that."

@Hammo not seen full interview but perhaps not...

@charly seems like he's admitted some today...

Guest ttfn
Just now, StanSP said:

From BBC:

@Hammo not seen full interview but perhaps not...

@charly seems like he's admitted some today...

He did say it, on RL.

The main issue is that if he GENUINELY doesn't see himself as the issue then what's going to change? He will rebuild the team with new players but the same things are going to keep happening because he won't take any accountability. 

That's FAR more of a reason to get rid than having a crap season. 

• Like 2

Just now, snoopy87 said:

If he has the summer we're next seasons Everton

We will be anyway.

Look at our first team today. How many of those players get into better sides than ours? Cannot be no more than 3.

We need more than a summer, more than a couple good players.

• Haha 1

I wonder if Brendan is over thinking things and moulding his side around size and perceived ability to defend corners or matching teams up to combat their threats rather than considering how to beat the opposition. The line up today with the back 3 and KDH out of position and no width suggested that was the case and he said something similar on radio Leicester.

In the event we created very little apart from mainly  long range efforts and we looked vulnerable every time Everton got forward. 

Edited by Edingleyfox
  • Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Would you wanna play for a bloke who constantly throws you under the bus?

Definitely not! Though he hasn't always publicly criticised them.

I understand wanting new players but I have felt saying it publicly is a bit weird.

• Like 2

Third best paid manager in the league, even Ten Haag will earn less - I don’t mind Rodgers too much, I think he’s been unfortunate this season - but we pay him a vast amount, more than he’s worth! Would be better off paying those kinda wages to a Qualty player 

• Like 1

To go 3-5-2 against a relegation threatened team when they are there for the taking beggered belief..

is there any positive intent at all in BR ?

we ought be trying to be playing to our strengths and let the opposition  worry about us. (Trying to remember what are strengths are lol)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

For all the justified criticism, the players need to look at themselves too. Certain players strolling around half-arsed game after game.

Doesn't take a lot for players to start disliking a manager and not reacting to his tactics or putting a shift in for him. Could be something as simple as him omitting a player and it got people's backs up, or the lack of accountability he takes himself.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Can’t see a change though because of the cost of the compensation to get rid. Think he will be given another season. 

If the club were sensible there would have been performance related clauses in his contract that allow for lower compensation to sack him if he didn’t meet the targets

• Like 2