Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Well if thinks this team is just " happy to be in the league " then it's his job to change that, not saying that in public and then expect the players to respond to him. He's angry because he's been found out and he's lost the players. If he is still in charge for next season then yes I would be happy for us us just to be still in the league at the end of the season.

40 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

For all the justified criticism, the players need to look at themselves too. Certain players strolling around half-arsed game after game.

Glad someone said it. This squad is shite

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

His comments implied that the club lacked ambition before his appointment. So why did it tempt him away from Celtic with such a high salary? Er.... because it was/is ambitious. (I suspect that the fixture list will come to his immediate rescue, with narrow wins over the PL's two weakest teams next week papering over the cracks.)

Edited by String fellow

I'll say it again (it's time ) sick of his bullshit , coming out talking about supporters travelling to games, like he fooking cares, get him gone he's had his time here, we need a fresh start from this boring shite of the last 18 months..

Finally it seems even the most ,'blarney blind' Rodgers apologists are beginning to see the light. I hope Top is prepared to cut his losses and remove Rodgers before he allows him to waste what funds we do have available to add to our core of young, talented players. Failure to act sooner rather than later could lead to a relegation battle next season which we would be ill-equipped to fight.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Gone off Garcia then? 
Him or Diego Martinez for me. 

Slot or either of them. Garcia tends to only do well short term though but maybe that's OK as long as you don't offer 5.5 year contracts on £10m a year.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Slot or either of them. Garcia tends to only do well short term though but maybe that's OK as long as you don't offer 5.5 year contracts on £10m a year.

I mean we want Slot but we'll be crying in a few years time when he does to us what he did to AZ, but I'll take two years of that kind of football.

Just now, Ricey said:

I think the atmosphere and mood around the fans plays a huge part in success. With Puel it was obvious for so long that the fans were never going to take to him or his football. It now feels quite similar with Rodgers.

We’ve sussed his weaknesses, we’ve become frustrated and bored by his style of play and his comments in the press are of such high arrogance that it’s pretty clear that he isn’t going to change.

Can anyone really see him turning this around? Maybe we’ll have a bit of freshness early next season, but will it ultimately all come back to this?

Yes, maybe next season injuries will be kinder, but we’ve had pretty much a full strength team for the last few weeks and it hasn’t made much differences. Everyone except Fofana and Maddison are hugely out of form and low on confidence.

It’s gone stale and it’s turning toxic. End it now.

The injuries is such a complex debate as not only is it pure conjecture it'll simply improve with nothing other than playing less games but also we've had most of our players return in recent months and rotated carefully and we're arguably even worse.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

I mean we want Slot but we'll be crying in a few years time when he does to us what he did to AZ, but I'll take two years of that kind of football.

I prefer that than crying and begging for them to be sacked. I still desperately want Rodgers to turn it around but I don't see how he will. He's intent on shifting the focus to a big rebuild which could be a massive disaster, we had built a team capable of challenging for the top 6 which seldom happens and we cannot take that for granted.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Am I being an idiot, which Garcia are you talking about Ric?

One example of his lack of creativity

How many times during the season have we struggled to break down teams with both Barnes and Lookman on the pitch? And how many times has he swapped them over? We know Lookman is slightly better on the left than right and Barnes is right footed. So why not try it? Of course It may make no difference whatsoever but in terms of setting the opposition a new problem isn’t it at least worth a try?

Whenever I hear this discussed I’m told  Brendan likes wingers cutting in on  their strong foot and leaving the touchline for wing backs -but  what the hell does it matter what he likes if it doesn’t work?   Barnes is now so predictable even I can read his footwork- it shows a complete lack of pragmatic creativity to not consider such ideas which comes from thinking that matches are won on the pre match tactical whiteboard not by players scoring great goals, making great tackles and saving penalties..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

One of the things he said today is that they haven’t got the time to actually practice set piece defending. You’d think with the level of problems we have in this key area that he’d be making time or he’d be asking players to come in for extra work. We are so poor, irrespective of who plays, that they clearly need to do some major work on and off the pitch to address it. 

Everything he said was bizarre but this, and the “when I got here the aim was to stay in the division” stood out as the strangest.

I’m almost worried about his mental health after hearing that interview 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Everything he said was bizarre but this, and the “when I got here the aim was to stay in the division” stood out as the strangest.

Didn't hear it in fairness, but didn't he previously claim that it was to get into Europe?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

did he really say this ? lol 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Didn't hear it in fairness, but didn't he previously claim that it was to get into Europe?

Exactly, yes.

I couldn’t believe my ears in the car today “before our time here, the aim of the club was to stay in the division, now we’re disappointed to not win European Semi Finals, it’s a measure of how far we’ve come”

And then answering a question on set pieces / corners he made the excuse that there was so little time on the training pitch they’d not had time to sort it out.

Staggering!

At least Claude had the decency to mumble!!

• Like 1